Having problems with bbm not receiving authorizations to add contacts by pin, but some luck on email... But no luck on receiving any messages. Done battery pulls, reinstalls... nothing has really worked... used many different os's... updating to the latest vzw relesae now but not holding my breathe that this will work. Ideas?
    10-26-09 10:56 PM
    Having problems with bbm not receiving authorizations to add contacts by pin, but some luck on email... But no luck on receiving any messages. Done battery pulls, reinstalls... nothing has really worked... used many different os's... updating to the latest vzw relesae now but not holding my breathe that this will work. Ideas?
    Thanks for posting your question in red. Have you tried re-registering your device? Goto Options-> Advanced Options-> Host Routing Table-> Menu Key-> Register Now. See if that helps.
    10-26-09 11:04 PM
    Thanks for posting your question in red. Have you tried re-registering your device? Goto Options-> Advanced Options-> Host Routing Table-> Menu Key-> Register Now. See if that helps.
    Aye, registering and service books(dunno is books matter) have both been tried

A bit more information,

On my device i goto add a contact by pin, the user gets that message and accepts, and i become a contact on their device, but on mine it stays as pending stating awaiting authorization.

If a request is sent to me by pin from someones device i never get a message

If i add a contact by email 50/50 it works in adding the contact, and i can send a message, but will not recieve

Would version of bbm matter?...for just basic messages, not sending files or pictures or anything but text
    Last edited by TheChocolateMonkey; 10-26-09 at 11:15 PM.
    10-26-09 11:10 PM

A bit more information,

On my device i goto add a contact by pin, the user gets that message and accepts, and i become a contact on their device, but on mine it stays as pending stating awaiting authorization.

If i add a contact by email 50/50 it works in adding the contact, and i can send a message, but will not recieve
    Okay, let's try something a bit different. Try going to Options >Security Options >General Settings >Scroll down and make sure "Content Protection" is Disabled.
    10-26-09 11:15 PM

A bit more information,

Would version of bbm matter?...for just basic messages, not sending files or pictures or anything but text

Have you tried to uninstall and install again, that has happened to me with my bold when I was using .266 and I uninstalled and installed, the problem got fixed..
    10-26-09 11:34 PM
    2 days ago, i was on the 4.7 OS with 4.7 bbm, everything was fine. i installed the new BBM 5.0 official version with 140 contacts. then realized i couldnt make a status like described in my question above. so i deleted 40 people off my contacts list, leaving me with 100 people, and BBM was working perfect like its supposed to be. This morning, i upgraded to 5.0 OS...it deleted my BBM but i re-installed it through blackberry.com instead of Appworld. When i restored my contacts from my previous version of BBM (through Email), it brought back all 140 contacts like i originally had, but again, i was still unable to update my status. it saves in my Edit My Profile-but does not send out. So, I Uninstalled, Deleted, and Re-Installed BBM and still the same problem. .
    The amount of ppl you say you had is not a problem, the stress test Kevin did got more than 1000 contacts so there's not a problem.

I'm guessing a setting with the service, let me play a little bit more with my BBM and I'll get back to you, it is weird, I can change my status flawlessly ..

Can you chat with others?
    10-26-09 11:46 PM
    Okay, let's try something a bit different. Try going to Options >Security Options >General Settings >Scroll down and make sure "Content Protection" is Disabled.
    On latest verizon update 5.328 no general, i have advanced, encryption, firewall, information, secuirty wipe, and s/mime. looked through them nothing matching up to content protection

Encryption is disabled though
    Last edited by TheChocolateMonkey; 10-27-09 at 12:18 AM.
    10-27-09 12:05 AM
    Have you tried to uninstall and install again, that has happened to me with my bold when I was using .266 and I uninstalled and installed, the problem got fixed..
    Aye, tried uninstalling/reinstalling via dm and ota, battery pulls inbetween...problem persists. Even now with a clean install of of 5.328 os with 5.33 bbm...still not working

And now just for giggles did a battery pull to reset everything and see what happens... and now after sending a request(by pin) from my phone, accepted on another phone, it's no longer listed on my phone. Not under pending, not listed as a contact... like it never happened. Still listed as pending on the 2nd phone
    Last edited by TheChocolateMonkey; 10-27-09 at 12:40 AM.
    10-27-09 12:10 AM
    Aye, tried uninstalling/reinstalling via dm and ota, battery pulls inbetween...problem persists. Even now with a clean install of of 5.328 os with 5.33 bbm...still not working

And now just for giggles did a battery pull to reset everything and see what happens... and now after sending a request(by pin) from my phone, accepted on another phone, it's no longer listed on my phone. Not under pending, not listed as a contact... like it never happened. Still listed as pending on the 2nd phone
    I'm guessing it is the service provider, I would go now to wipe the phone and install from nothing, with another contract and see what happens (it is weird that you hae tried with 2 phones and the same thing shows up!) .. If the problem persists I would go back to 4.7 BBM not functional is a deal braker to me!
    10-27-09 01:11 AM
    I'm guessing it is the service provider, I would go now to wipe the phone and install from nothing, with another contract and see what happens (it is weird that you hae tried with 2 phones and the same thing shows up!) .. If the problem persists I would go back to 4.7 BBM not functional is a deal braker to me!

Wasnt working on 4.7 either...Guess I'll give Verizon a call tomorrow

Tonight i did wipe it with jl_cmdr, then loaded the local install of .328 w/o bbm (came with 4.7), when that was done when to the mobile site to download 5.33 and this is where i sit
    10-27-09 01:14 AM
    Wasnt working on 4.7 either...Guess I'll give Verizon a call tomorrow

Tonight i did wipe it with jl_cmdr, then loaded the local install of .328 w/o bbm (came with 4.7), when that was done when to the mobile site to download 5.33 and this is where i sit
    That would probably be best. Maybe they can push you toward the Storm 2
    10-27-09 01:38 AM
    The amount of ppl you say you had is not a problem, the stress test Kevin did got more than 1000 contacts so there's not a problem.

I'm guessing a setting with the service, let me play a little bit more with my BBM and I'll get back to you, it is weird, I can change my status flawlessly ..

Can you chat with others?
    thank you...yeah, i can chat with others. there status updates come up on my recent updates as soon as they change them. their pictures come up. everything perfect...except mines lol. If i change my display name or display picture-it will appear on recent updates...everything except my status. ive had this problem for almost a week and half; with TWO different storms. im starting to think its gotta be a bug with the Official 5.0 BBM, because when i had the leaked 5.0 in my old storm everything worked amazing with no problems. Did kevin do the stress test with BBM 5.0 or 4.7? and if it was with 5.0-was it the official version or the leaked version?...or maybe its a bug with the storm with official 5.0...who knows....
    Last edited by Mario8989; 10-27-09 at 03:11 AM.
    10-27-09 03:07 AM
    Need some help. I got the new OS today and cant get my storm to work with Rhapsody. I've searched and cant figure it out. Chaged the memory option, changes mass storage to off, nothing is working. Rhapsody will only see the device if mass storage is on but then gives me a warning saying its not configured correctly. Ive treid updating drivers in device manager and it says it has the latest version. I dont know what else to do. Any help would be appreciated. Thank youl

DJ
    10-27-09 03:12 AM
    Ugh, for some reason when I connect the usb cord to my computer and phone and open up BB desktop manager, it says to make sure something is connected. Why does it say that when I have connected the usb cord...? I just got this phone few weeks ago from my cousin, he got it unlocked for me. I'm a t-mobile carrier btw. Will I be able to use internet and such or do I need a plan? Not very good with phones here ._....
    10-27-09 05:40 AM
    I was on BES and am now back to BIS (job change) how do I remove the security timer or allow access to it?
    10-27-09 08:43 AM
    Are you still getting this error? Usually you just need to unplug your device, restart your computer and try a different USB port and then try again.
    Yes I have changed usb ports and restarted the computer, and reset my device. My device will keep rebooting and eventually get to the circle loop screen pictured below. It stays on this screen and doesnt connect. Is this screen normal? The longest I left this screen up without resetting my phone was 30 minutes.

Here's my original post ........

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    I 've tried everything.This same issue occurs when i tried to install .323 yet any other OS i can install with no problem I updated the new OS from verizon itself, trued with and without vendor file. I loaded through device manager aswell as apt loader and yes all other OS are removed. I also reset my phone and computer numerous times. I install through app loader , I can make it through the first 2 steps ( download device software, and Load JVM and system software). Now this is where the problem occurs. When it comes time for the device to initiate the device will not turn on. Instead it goes into a constant loop of black screen red light and with a brief power up goes back out to the black screen red light. I receive no error messages of any sort . I've tiered a upgrade as well as a clean install. Most times when I reboot I get a screen that has the looping circle. It stays on this screen and doesnt do anything. I left this screen up for atleast 30 minutes should I leave it up longer. Has anyone else gotten this loop circle screen , left it up and eventually the phone reconnected? Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by nphilly1; 10-27-09 at 09:16 AM.
    10-27-09 08:54 AM
    Yes I have changed usb ports and restarted the computer, and reset my device. My device will keep rebooting and eventually get to the circle loop screen pictured below. It stays on this screen and doesnt connect. Is this screen normal? The longest I left this screen up without resetting my phone was 30 minutes.

Here's my original post ........

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    I 've tried everything.This same issue occurs when i tried to install .323 yet any other OS i can install with no problem I updated the new OS from verizon itself, trued with and without vendor file. I loaded through device manager aswell as apt loader and yes all other OS are removed. I also reset my phone and computer numerous times. I install through app loader , I can make it through the first 2 steps ( download device software, and Load JVM and system software). Now this is where the problem occurs. When it comes time for the device to initiate the device will not turn on. Instead it goes into a constant loop of black screen red light and with a brief power up goes back out to the black screen red light. I receive no error messages of any sort . I've tiered a upgrade as well as a clean install. Most times when I reboot I get a screen that has the looping circle. It stays on this screen and doesnt do anything. I left this screen up for atleast 30 minutes should I leave it up longer. Has anyone else gotten this loop circle screen , left it up and eventually the phone reconnected? Any help is appreciated.

If I may.. I just had this issue while attempting to upgrade from .323. I had to use bbsak to wipe completely to get it to "come back" and connect. While I didn't mind it maybe you will not like that. Just back up, load the os, and resotre. It's not really a big issue but some will say "it isn't necessary". It was for me in this case. Hey what would I know though
    10-27-09 09:05 AM
    If I may.. I just had this issue while attempting to upgrade from .323. I had to use bbsak to wipe completely to get it to "come back" and connect. While I didn't mind it maybe you will not like that. Just back up, load the os, and resotre. It's not really a big issue but some will say "it isn't necessary". It was for me in this case. Hey what would I know though
    I already did a wipe of the device as well as a factory reset. Anything else I can try.
    10-27-09 09:13 AM
    I already did a wipe of the device as well as a factory reset. Anything else I can try.
    Ok so your phone reads "error503" now. and your hooked up to your pc with DM open?
    10-27-09 09:17 AM
    Ok so your phone reads "error503" now. and your hooked up to your pc with DM open?
    No I already did a wipe yesterday as well as a factory reset thats not working.
    10-27-09 09:21 AM
    Good day all. Storm 9530/Verizon/ Recent Official upgrade to OS .328 from 4.7 -- I am used to having to menu-get images etc in email but with the upgrade I am not even getting the place holder for an image. Any ideas on what my problem is. --daveniners1 ([email protected]) I tried to type in red!!!
    Last edited by daveniners1; 10-27-09 at 09:27 AM.
    10-27-09 09:25 AM
    No I already did a wipe yesterday as well as a factory reset thats not working.
    So .328 is on your phone then? It just didnt finish the steps
    10-27-09 09:27 AM
    So .328 is on your phone then? It just didnt finish the steps
    Have you read my post where I explain my issues? I cant get it to finish installing. Look at the pictures below. It will complete the first 2 steps, but when it comes time to reboot and initialize this is where the problem occurs. The phone will keep resetting itself at the initialize step and eventually go to the circle loop screen.

10-27-09 09:32 AM
    I was on BES and am now back to BIS (job change) how do I remove the security timer or allow access to it?
    You can use a tool like BBSAK to do a Factory Reset. This should take out all of your policies.
    10-27-09 10:12 AM
    Ugh, for some reason when I connect the usb cord to my computer and phone and open up BB desktop manager, it says to make sure something is connected. Why does it say that when I have connected the usb cord...? I just got this phone few weeks ago from my cousin, he got it unlocked for me. I'm a t-mobile carrier btw. Will I be able to use internet and such or do I need a plan? Not very good with phones here ._....
    Tray starting up the Desktop Manager app first, give it about 30 seconds and then connect your phone to the USB cable.

As far as the internet goes, you will need a data plan to get online.

If you need any more help, feel free to post again. That's what we are here for.
    10-27-09 10:14 AM
1,114 ... 2627282930 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD