When I first got my storm, I was very upset that no financial software worked for it. I contacted Ascendo Money's creator and expressed my concern. Within two days they emailed me an updated version to try out. I have to say I am very impressed with how quickly and efficiently they fixed they problems. The software has run flawlessly and they even updated some features and added new ones from previous versions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-08 08:21 AM
    Thanks for your information Tommy. I will contact with them when I receive my new Storm and also request a new code.
    11-27-08 03:49 PM
    Just curious about this App as I am looking to add the ability to manage my finances from my BB Storm. Does it come with a PC app as well or does it sync with MS Money or Quicken? Just curious how robust the app is and how satisfied you are with the app so far. Thanks for the info.
    12-29-08 10:14 PM
    mod please move to 3rd party software forum.
    12-30-08 12:36 AM
    Is there a way to trial this software first?
    12-30-08 12:53 PM
    Yes you can trial. And no need to contact them just download the trial from shopcrackberry.com. That is what I did when I bought the latest verion. or go directly to ascendo-inc.com.

There is a desktop program that comes with the BB software. You can however export to a QIF or CVZ file and import into your Quicken or Money. That is what I am doing. There is also a module to use online banking directly into the Monoey software. If anyone has more questions just reply and I will try to answer. I have been using this software on my Berry for over a year now.

Money also allows me to build a schedule and generate reports and budgets. Its a very nice program.
    Last edited by jlii; 12-30-08 at 02:12 PM.
    12-30-08 01:43 PM
    12-30-08 02:04 PM
    does this access online accounts so it has up-to-date balances?
    12-30-08 02:07 PM
    I'm interested in something like this as well...but I'm having trouble justifying the $30 price tag for fear of beating a dead horse. I mean, all of my finances are tracked in Quicken, and Bill Pay is handled through my bank (USAA).

Is it worth the dough to track the dough on the Storm?
    12-30-08 02:11 PM
    and anyone have any screen shots?
    12-30-08 02:11 PM
    12-30-08 02:13 PM
    does this access online accounts so it has up-to-date balances?
    For the desktop version, yes. You would still have to sync for it to get to your berry.

For the duplication, yes it is a pain. But here is my process for personal.

1. Use the desktop program for all the on the fly tracking.
    2. When I get home at the end of the day synchronize with Ascendo Money
    3. At the end of the month import into Quicken, verify with online backing either by importing online banking QIF (Bank of America in WA does not support mobile banking or importing into programs) or by hand

It seems like double-working but the value of having all 20 something personal and business accounts in the palm of my hand out-wieghs the extra work. For those who are simpler, whose bank was supported by Ascendo Money and did not neet the extra features of Quicken or MSMoney I would only use the Ascendo Money Desktop software.
    12-30-08 02:18 PM
    Ahhh.

Man I want something that updates it periodically without syncing. Mobile Banking works well, but I can't use it with chase, only citi.
    12-30-08 03:28 PM
    Ahhh.

Man I want something that updates it periodically without syncing. Mobile Banking works well, but I can't use it with chase, only citi.

I use mint.com on my PC, which does this automatically. They just released an app for the iPhone, and I hope they come out with a BB app soon as well.
    12-30-08 05:00 PM
    I just got the trial version on my phone. I was wondering if anybody else uses US Bank and was able to setup their accounts to work with Ascendo? I get an error window (ERROR 15500)...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-08 09:39 PM
    This program is very handy. My wife and I have been looking for a "simple and affective" way to track our finances. Now whenever my wife spends money she texts me the amount and the place the money was spent (Target $45.00) I then enter it into Ascendo Money and then at the end of the day or week I sync with the desktop app. This has been very affective and will make tracking our finances so easy.

I highly recommend this product to anyone looking to track every purchase and where every dime of you money goes. There is a bit of setup and you have to customize it to make it worth the effort but if you are patient and take your time to setup the desktop app you won't be disappointed.

I hope this helped in making your decision.
    01-03-09 11:26 PM
    I was using Pocket Quicken on my Palm T/X and loved it. I just got Ascendo- had some problems loading it and making everything sync- but now I'm having more problems. Quicken won't accept the import of a QIF file into a checking account. I read a few forums and found a workaround- now I have to sync my Storm with Ascendo's desktop, export the file to a fake file on Quicken, copy the new transactions, paste them into Quicken, download and reconcile my bank data, export from Quicken to the Ascendo desktop and re-sync. What a lot of mess!!! Can anyone tell me if I'm doing something wrong? I have Quicken 2009.
    01-15-09 10:37 PM
    Why not just download the banking data into the Ascendo Desktop, reconcile then do one export into Quicken?
    01-15-09 10:52 PM
    I down loaded the soft ware and like it a lot, I upgraded from a Palm Treo. The only problem is that even though I have double checked the device pin I am not able to register the soft ware and am getting very angry. I have allready paid for it so I am going to do every thing to get it working other wise this issue alone would have been enough to delete the program and find another one. Does any one have any advice?
    01-21-09 08:29 PM
    I keep getting the 15500 error with this application. For some reason, my bank doesnt 'talk' with apps. It doesnt with microsoft money either
    02-26-09 07:44 PM
    Ascendo on my BB says it downloaded my recent transactions - but none of them show up. Ascendo desktop says I don't have an account there. We really need a quicken/mint type program that will take advantage of 3G. Why are you people settling with cable syncing your handheld? This is very frustrating - this is best we can do??
    03-02-09 12:43 PM
    I got ascendo money on my blackberry and I cannot set up online banking with my Bank of America accounts. I enter user name and checking account number with type of account selected as checking and then I enter password the same as in website and yet I get OFX error 2000. I contacted BoA technical support and the department that assists with logins, and she told me they don't support ascendo money, but then why ascendo money support Bank of America, it has on its list?
    03-03-09 06:44 PM
    I just want to export a quicken file and be able to read it on my storm. I don't need to do a sync with my bank or access my accounts online. I'm doing this now with my Treo and it's fine. Can Ascendo do this? Any help would be appreciated.
    03-15-09 01:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD