*This is a rant*

ARGH! This storm is doing my head in!

About 3 days ago for absolutly no reason my phone started to get wiered and I've just completely lost my patience with it now!

The phone just goes completely unresponsive after a short while, you press the buttons on the front for it to come back to life or say its locked and nothing, the screen lights up black but does nothing at all.

When it does decide to light up, it becomes very slow and laggy to a stage that you are trying to write a text and it wont display what you have typed until 10 seconds later, not to mention the keyboard lights not going off after you remove your fingers from them.

Then the screen will just randomly blurr and move out of place again for no reason, being completely unresponsive for absolutly no reason!

Ive tried everything, loading new firmware, countless battery pull, clearing memory, everything, and NOTHING is curing this!

You know, I never baught into this whole iPhone Apple brand bull crap, but after going through all this and being ****** around with various firmware upgrades needed for features it should have had from release, I am so fed up with RIM right now Im thinking upgrade time come Aug il be going for an iPhone 4, what il do before then I dont know as this has now become nearly unuseable!

ARGH!!
    04-28-10 05:50 AM
    First question would be is what OS are you running?
    04-28-10 06:36 AM
    Call verizon and have them send you a new phone, then do it 2 more times within 3 months, and DEMAND they send you a storm 2. Both my wife and I had so many problems with out Storms it was insane, now we have storm 2's for free!
    04-28-10 06:42 AM
    Call verizon and have them send you a new phone, then do it 2 more times within 3 months, and DEMAND they send you a storm 2. Both my wife and I had so many problems with out Storms it was insane, now we have storm 2's for free!
    Only problem with that theory is that the storm 2 sucks also.
    04-28-10 06:45 AM
    First question would be is what OS are you running?
    5.0.541 is it? (i just tried to check, it showed it for a second and then blurred again) the last official one from Voda UK anyway, and like i said, the phone was running fine for the last 4-5 months without any issue at all so i still dont understand why i would suddently react so poortly?!

Im with Vodafone in the UK... and as I got this pretty much at first release, would they actually have any reason to send me a replacement??
    04-28-10 06:53 AM
    Only problem with that theory is that the storm 2 sucks also.
    Except it doesn't. But other than that, you're totally right.
    04-28-10 07:31 AM
    It would be a little tough for him to call VZW and ask for a new phone when VZW doesn't offer the 9500 like he has.
    04-28-10 07:39 AM
    5.0.541 is it? (i just tried to check, it showed it for a second and then blurred again) the last official one from Voda UK anyway, and like i said, the phone was running fine for the last 4-5 months without any issue at all so i still dont understand why i would suddently react so poortly?!

Im with Vodafone in the UK... and as I got this pretty much at first release, would they actually have any reason to send me a replacement??
    Before it started acting strange on you did you install any new apps, if so delete them to see if that helps you. You could also try to wipe the phone and re-install the OS.
    04-28-10 07:41 AM
    Before it started acting strange on you did you install any new apps, if so delete them to see if that helps you. You could also try to wipe the phone and re-install the OS.
    Nope, this is whats frustrated the most, I have done absolutley nothing with the phone. No new apps, not dropped it, hadnt installed a new OS, NOTHING for months, then it just decides to start acting like this!

For whatever reason I cant seem to every whipe my phone blank to do a fresh install, but i reinstalled last night removing all applications etc and its still doing the same thing again today.

Really fed up with it but I have no phone to get by with without it, not that this is of much use at the moment.
    04-28-10 10:42 AM
    When I do a wipe i use a program called BBSAK. Try searching for it here if not check over at BBHybrids.net.
    04-28-10 10:52 AM
    When I do a wipe i use a program called BBSAK. Try searching for it here if not check over at BBHybrids.net.
    Thats the program ive tried to use on many occasion, but has no effect at all to the phone for some reason
    04-28-10 11:05 AM
    I'm with you, mine is squirrely too
    04-28-10 05:00 PM
    well, in the process of seeing what Voda UK have to say about the whole thing
    BlackBerry Storm - Handset is unresponsive - Vodafone eForum

Nice thing is that the hadset is under warrenty for the whole of the contract duration, however this still doesnt help me if im out of a phone.
    04-29-10 10:14 AM
    You could definitely go the iphone route, but that sure wont end the possibility for hardware failure...

quick google search:

Topic : 3GS iPhone suddenly UNRESPONSIVE!!
    Apple - Support - Discussions - 3GS iPhone suddenly UNRESPONSIVE!! ...

Topic : iPhone goes black and unresponsive for long periods of time.
    Apple - Support - Discussions - iPhone goes black and unresponsive for ...

Topic : 3.1 -- Unresponsive iPhone?
    Apple - Support - Discussions - 3.1 -- Unresponsive iPhone? ...

Hopefully Voda will make swapping your defective phone for a new or different one as painless as possible. I definitely don't blame you for wanting to destroy the stupid thing when it's not working. Tech that doesnt work (especially when it's something as often used as a phone) is a huuge pain.
    Last edited by kinggeoff; 04-29-10 at 05:17 PM.
    04-29-10 05:13 PM
    You could definitely go the iphone route, but that sure wont end the possibility for hardware failure...

quick google search:

Topic : 3GS iPhone suddenly UNRESPONSIVE!!
    Apple - Support - Discussions - 3GS iPhone suddenly UNRESPONSIVE!! ...

Topic : iPhone goes black and unresponsive for long periods of time.
    Apple - Support - Discussions - iPhone goes black and unresponsive for ...

Topic : 3.1 -- Unresponsive iPhone?
    Apple - Support - Discussions - 3.1 -- Unresponsive iPhone? ...

Hopefully Voda will make swapping your defective phone for a new or different one as painless as possible. I definitely don't blame you for wanting to destroy the stupid thing when it's not working. Tech that doesnt work (especially when it's something as often used as a phone) is a huuge pain.
    2/3 of those problems were self curable (i recon the 3rd also was but wasnt followed up with), and were just firmware faults now cured by a more recent release.

This appears to be hardware, and im really pissed that voda still fail to recognise that a replacement handset should be offered on recognising a defect. either way the phone you receive will be a refurb so dont see what difference it makes really.

theyve forced me into a corner so il be going to the store on monday and see what they say
    05-01-10 12:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD