I was helping a customer with permission settings for VZ Nav on their Storm today. They were using .75, I've been using .114 since it came out last week. I was walking her thru the steps by navigating thru my own phone.

Went to options -> advanced options -> applications and at VZ Nav, there are arabic symbols there next to "VZ Navigator". When I choose "menu" to "edit permissions", it's a different menu. Instead of the typical Connections, Interaction, User Data collapsable/expandable options...I get a black screen with a bunch of arabic writing. I have no freggin clue what it says. All I know is that I can not navigate thru the screen. Nothing is able to be selected or edited. All I can do is hit the back arrow.

I do not have this at all in anywhere else in applications. Anyone else have this going on with their .114 Storms/VZ Nav? Only positive is that VZ Nav is still functioning normally.
    03-18-09 08:22 PM
    I noticed the same thing, but since it works correctly I wasn't too worried about it. I figure .114 is a leaked beta, so it's apt to have some quirks.
    03-18-09 11:02 PM
    No it wasn't like this on .75. Not to long after the Storm was released there was an update to VZNav and for some reason with this leaked os the info has arabic language in the details. If you notice in Application Center it tells you that the version of VZNav that is available is a downgrade to the one on the device. This was like this also for all of the messenger programs (AOL, Yahoo) in Application Center. You could downgrade then upgrade or when the next os comes out make sure you uninstall VZNav and just reinstall it through the App Center. As stated above it still works either way.
    03-18-09 11:50 PM
    ive got this too, is this anything to be concerned with?
    03-19-09 02:36 PM
    I was helping a customer with permission settings for VZ Nav on their Storm today. They were using .75, I've been using .114 since it came out last week. I was walking her thru the steps by navigating thru my own phone.

Went to options -> advanced options -> applications and at VZ Nav, there are arabic symbols there next to "VZ Navigator". When I choose "menu" to "edit permissions", it's a different menu. Instead of the typical Connections, Interaction, User Data collapsable/expandable options...I get a black screen with a bunch of arabic writing. I have no freggin clue what it says. All I know is that I can not navigate thru the screen. Nothing is able to be selected or edited. All I can do is hit the back arrow.

I do not have this at all in anywhere else in applications. Anyone else have this going on with their .114 Storms/VZ Nav? Only positive is that VZ Nav is still functioning normally.
    Yes since the release of .86 the Arabic language has been there.
    I can fully browse Arabic sites.
    03-19-09 09:11 PM
    I wouldn't let him get under your skin too much. At best he is mildly amusing like a dog that chases his own tail and at worst he is obviously comfortable wading in the cess pool of his own ignorance.
    03-19-09 11:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD