I hope this isn't an April Fools joke by RIM lol

Good news!
    03-26-09 02:19 PM
    thats awesome news!

...now lets see if it holds up...
    03-26-09 02:20 PM

Good news!
    Why do people keep saying this? I understand that it's April 1st...but RIM is a Company, a business. They don't play April Fools jokes on their customers/shareholders. Seriously, guys...
    03-26-09 02:22 PM
    Fantastic! I can't wait for it to actually be up!
    03-26-09 02:23 PM
    Great, just another reason for them to push it back to "Late Spring 2009".
    03-26-09 02:24 PM
    Why do people keep saying this? I understand that it's April 1st...but RIM is a Company, a business. They don't play April Fools jokes on their customers/shareholders. Seriously, guys...
    I guess you don't understand a joke....I thought the lol at the end may have made it a little obvious
    03-26-09 02:28 PM
    I guess you don't understand a joke....I thought the lol at the end may have made it a little obvious
    No, I hear ya but I've seen this written no less than 30 times in all kinds of different posts and some of the people are actually writing it in a serious tone.

(I did miss the LOL at the end of your post. Totally glazed over that part.)

My statement wasn't necessarily directed at you but to the people that actually believe in conspiracy theories such as this one.
    03-26-09 02:33 PM
    This isn't a joke, this is the start of CTIA...so it makes sense!
    03-26-09 02:34 PM
    it sounds really cool, but the fact that you have to have a paypal account sucks! i hate paypal and will never use it. i guess that means i will never be able to use the app store.
    03-26-09 03:00 PM
    Google played an April 1 joke last year and it is a big company lol

No, I hear ya but I've seen this written no less than 30 times in all kinds of different posts and some of the people are actually writing it in a serious tone.

(I did miss the LOL at the end of your post. Totally glazed over that part.)

My statement wasn't necessarily directed at you but to the people that actually believe in conspiracy theories such as this one.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-09 03:15 PM
    Big companies have played their customers/shareholders before many times. Blizzard, Bungie, and countless others have played April fools jokes on their customers.
    03-26-09 03:24 PM
    Can't wait to see what they have
    03-26-09 03:44 PM
    Maybe not an April fools joke, but the releasing of the Storm before it was ready was sure a joke!

In my opinion, had this site not been here, and there had not been the leaks that there where, you would have seen an uprising in their customer base. I am one that upgraded to the betas as they came out, but without those, I would have returned it before my 30 days....

.65 wasn't even funny and .75 isn't much better. That was a joke played on it's customer base for sure....

Jamie
    03-26-09 03:50 PM
    it sounds really cool, but the fact that you have to have a paypal account sucks! i hate paypal and will never use it. i guess that means i will never be able to use the app store.
    Paypal isnt a bad thing you know.
    03-26-09 03:58 PM
    i shipped a guy a phone, and he scammed it... saying that he never got it.. paypal sided with him and gave him his money back... out of my account... I freakin HATE paypal... that cost me $350.... I even had insurance on the package, but they didnt care about that... in order for me to claim on the insurance, They said that I would have to send them the box that it was shipped in... the **** off that stole my phone woulnt give me the box back so i could claim on the insurance... so the way I see it, paypal screwed me out of $350.
    03-26-09 04:02 PM
    The **** with the app store. Whats the point of an app store when your phone is basically a paper weight with cool icons. Give me a stable OS, then give me apps.
    Just my two cents !
    03-26-09 04:04 PM
    i shipped a guy a phone, and he scammed it... saying that he never got it.. paypal sided with him and gave him his money back... out of my account... I freakin HATE paypal... that cost me $350.... I even had insurance on the package, but they didnt care about that... in order for me to claim on the insurance, They said that I would have to send them the box that it was shipped in... the **** off that stole my phone woulnt give me the box back so i could claim on the insurance... so the way I see it, paypal screwed me out of $350.
    Ok, thats a good reason to dislike paypal.
    03-26-09 04:25 PM

Good news!
    +1 on that, first thing I thought of when I saw the date and rumor.
    03-26-09 04:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD