I just got the storm the day before christmas and I love it, the only thing that bothers me is I cant seem to get apps to close. I mean they do close but if I go to the switch application screen through the options button it still shows them as running, and the wierd thing is from the switch apps screen it shows that the application center app is running but it wont even let me open it up. Or ill go into messages and when im done it will close out but it still shows it in the switch app screen. ANy one have any advice.....
    12-27-08 04:10 PM
    I noticed the same thing, but I don't really know WTF I'm doing yet.
    12-27-08 04:16 PM
    I have also had this issue.. Specifically the Phone, Browser, App Center, and BBM. Now the BBM I can understand as it would need to be running to receive messages.. The other apps I have no idea.
    12-27-08 04:19 PM
    Certain applications don't close.
    12-27-08 04:26 PM
    Try doing a search. This has been covered a million times.

The following apps are ALWAYS running on BlackBerries. You can't close them.

Browser
    BlackBerry Messenger
    Home Screen
    Phone
    The Application Center is always running unless while in it you hit the BB key and uncheck the option to always check for updates automatically. It may take a battery pull to close it but it will close. Selecting the Application Center icon from the application switcher won't open it, you need to go in through the Applications folder.
    12-27-08 04:28 PM
    What would search words be?

apps? close? Heh.

Thanks for the help.
    12-27-08 04:36 PM
    What would search words be?

apps? close? Heh.

Thanks for the help.

how about 'applications won't close'

seems to bring up quite a few results.

Just a thought.
    12-27-08 04:38 PM
    How do I tell if my application is opened or closed?
    12-27-08 04:42 PM
    The following applications run as a default:
    Phone
    Home Screen
    Browser
    I am not sure why the App Center is also running. Are you sure you have closed the Application Center??? The way to do this is Menu Key-->Close or holding the Escape Key for a few seconds will also Close it. Another way to view the Applications that are running is by holding the Menu Key for a few seconds.
    12-27-08 04:45 PM
    how about 'applications won't close'

seems to bring up quite a few results.

Just a thought.
    Yep that's great, it brings up 500 threads that have the word "applications, "won't" OR "close" in the body of the message.

Just my thoughts.
    12-27-08 04:54 PM
    Yep that's great, it brings up 500 threads that have the word "applications, "won't" OR "close" in the body of the message.

Just my thoughts.

No, you missed the quotation marks. They're important. If you search for applications won't close you'll get about a bazillion hits. If you search for "applications wont' close" it will search for that exact phrase.
    12-27-08 05:31 PM
    LOL yes I know how quotes work within a search. Guess what comes up when you search for that phrase...

http://forums.crackberry.com/search....archid=8019792

This thread, and only this thread.

Anyways, my point was that it's a specific question, but the actual words to search are pretty vague.
    12-27-08 05:34 PM
    Not that it matters but i was only at a pc for a limited time so I did a quick search got nothing right away and made the post. Apparently it helped a few others out as well so thanks for the reply
    12-27-08 10:33 PM
    Except for the 5 that are always running, you need to close your apps properly. The red button and escape will not close an app. You need to hit menu and then scroll to close or exit.
    12-27-08 10:37 PM
    Also when doing a search, it helps to request titles only and not posts.
    12-27-08 10:37 PM
    The following applications run as a default:
    Phone
    Home Screen
    Browser
    I am not sure why the App Center is also running. Are you sure you have closed the Application Center??? The way to do this is Menu Key-->Close or holding the Escape Key for a few seconds will also Close it. Another way to view the Applications that are running is by holding the Menu Key for a few seconds.
    My app store won't close either. But when I go to switch applications. It. Shows but I can't open it from there

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-08 10:39 PM
    My app store won't close either. But when I go to switch applications. It. Shows but I can't open it from there
    Here is your answer.

Browser
    BlackBerry Messenger
    Home Screen
    Phone
    The Application Center is always running unless while in it you hit the BB key and uncheck the option to always check for updates automatically. It may take a battery pull to close it but it will close. Selecting the Application Center icon from the application switcher won't open it, you need to go in through the Applications folder.
    12-27-08 10:44 PM
    Here is your answer.
    Same issue here... did everything suggested, but still no luck... batt pull a few times after selecting and deselecting the auto refresh. Any other ideas besides that?
    12-28-08 12:35 AM
    Try doing a search. This has been covered a million times.

Browser
    BlackBerry Messenger
    Home Screen
    Phone
    Why can't I customize what shows up in the application switcher? I can't get mobireader to go away, or the application center. And yes App Center won't open from the switcher. WTF is the point of having that always in the way???!?! Maybe a pet peeve, but I use that switcher a lot, and it's a pain always having to scroll past all these apps that aren't really active.
    12-30-08 01:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD