Which apps should one uninstall to get the best performing Storm? I know some have memory leaks, some are sluggish..etc. A list would be great for everyone to know.
    12-28-08 02:13 PM
    How about you just uninstall the stuff you don't use?

People say VZ Nav and Visual Voicemail help but I took them off anyway because I don't subscribe to them. I also got rid of Docs to go as well as password Keeper.
    12-28-08 02:20 PM
    I think Talklock has a memory leak too, but I love it and it works til RIM comes up with a solution.
    12-28-08 02:22 PM
    I think Talklock has a memory leak too, but I love it and it works til RIM comes up with a solution.
    Just battery pull your storm once a day and you'll be good to go until it gets fixed or rim fixes the problem themselves. It's not THAT much of an inconvenience.
    12-28-08 03:39 PM
    Is it fine to get rid of docs to go i just don't want to mess something else up?
    It's fine if you don't plan on editing or viewing any .doc, .xls or .ppt files. I don't think they really take up that much space though since they're only for viewing/editing.
    12-28-08 03:59 PM
    Oh ok well someone else said they might make some other programs mess up

so i was not sure.
    After upgrading to .85 i got some error issues with them which, had i clicked them, i would've had to reboot my storm as it would've frozen...and one of the beta versions of weatherbug disagreed with them and caused the same problem. That said, when weatherbug was updated the next day it fixed the problem and a battery pull fixed the problem after my .85 update.
    12-28-08 04:10 PM
    DocsToGo is a free sample application. None of the core BlackBerry components use it. You are free to remove it and save about 1.5 Mb of memory.

12-28-08 04:24 PM
    So what your saying is after taking them off you did have some problems?
    Nope, I never took them off. I use them frequently.
    12-28-08 04:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD