02-10-09 08:06 AM
73 123
tools
    Man i'm really hope they (meaning Verizon i guess) get a jump on the app store and soon. I am needing some cool new apps for this oh, so awesome, device!
    If you're bored, check this out:
    Phones BlackBerry : Softonic
    11-24-08 01:51 AM
    Hello XXXXX,

Thank you for contacting us.

RDM+ version compatible with BlackBerry Storm is scheduled for release in December.

Please keep an eye on our updates.

Do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further assistance.
    11-25-08 01:02 PM
    BooOoOo Jivetalk isn't ready yet. Can anyone recommend a good car care app (oil change and fuel logs) and a Personal Finance app? Just for recording expenses while i'm out and about for the day for entry when i get back home . . .
    11-25-08 01:09 PM
    Can anyone recommend a good .... Personal Finance app? Just for recording expenses while i'm out and about for the day for entry when i get back home . . .

http : //ascendo-inc . com/blackberry/personal-finance-manager.html
    11-25-08 01:14 PM
    Thanks Dude! I will check it out!
    11-25-08 01:15 PM
    I looked at their website and could not find it anywhere, but does this work for the storm? I don't want to buy this without knowing if it works for the storm. Thanks, this looks like a much improved version of the personal finance software I had for my treo, which was PBC or something like that.
    11-25-08 03:23 PM
    I e-mailed ascendo-inc and below is the response I got, if anyone is interested.

Brandon,
    You can download and install Ascendo Money directly to your BlackBerry (OTA) by following these steps:

* Start the Browser on your BlackBerry.
    * Click on the Track Wheel or Track Ball to display the screen menu.
    * Select "Go To..." from the menu.
    * Type http://www.ascendo-inc.com/OTA/BBOS4_7/AscendoMoney.jad

- Click on the Return Key.
    - Follow the prompts to download, install and run Ascendo DataVault for BlackBerry Storm.

Best Regards,
    Ascendo Wallet Support

I tried this, and I don't think it's 100% compatable yet, doesn't look that good on the phone.
    11-26-08 09:29 AM
    I have used it a little bit and haven't had any issues. Every thing seems to work anyways.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-08 09:42 AM
    I have used it a little bit and haven't had any issues. Every thing seems to work anyways.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Have you been able to move it to landscape mode?
    11-26-08 09:46 AM
    i am looking for an app for my storm that will keep me organized with my college classes and assignments and hold all teacher info. student docket doesn't support the storm yet....does anybody know any ifo on this or possibly another app that could work...i don't get my storm till verizon decides to send it out before dec 15. thank you
    11-26-08 10:00 AM
    Have you been able to move it to landscape mode?
    Yup. Flipping from portrait to landscape works fine. Clicking, scrolling, entering text all works. Haven't ran in to a problem yet.
    11-26-08 10:18 AM
    Great thread!!
    11-26-08 10:25 AM
    We just posted Ascendo Money for the BlackBerry Storm to our web site. Please follow the instructions for OTA installation of V3.2.3, see link below.
    http://www.ascendo-inc.com/MoneyFAQ.html#BBInstall

If you have any comments or issues to report, please email wallet_support[AT]ascendo-inc.com

Best,
    Marc
    Ascendo Inc.
    Ascendo Money Home Page
    Last edited by Ascendo; 11-26-08 at 12:21 PM.
    11-26-08 12:18 PM
    They said they're working on it, and expect a BB Storm compliant version "very soon."
    11-26-08 05:01 PM
    Anyone aware of decent share portfolio management apps

STORM is my first BB and I ain't ever going back, don't know how I lived without one before.
    More hooked than Tuna in a Tin
    11-26-08 05:38 PM
    Can people confirm which apps are working on the Storm and which ones just put Storm in the conpat list to make us buy them??

Also, Im looking for a 3rd party IM software: please make suggestions. Thanks.
    12-04-08 07:43 AM
    Anyone know if there is a Weightwatcher application available for the Storm? I understand they recently came out with one for the Curve, however I knew my Curve was going to be sold once I got the Storm so never pursued it.

TIA
    12-04-08 08:20 AM
    i would say quite a few that stanfa posted. one other i would really like

slacker app

Holy guacomole! Have you seen this video of the app?
    Video Hands-On with Slacker Application for BlackBerry

Its from Sept. but it shows promise!
    12-05-08 07:13 PM
    I just installed RDM+ on my computer, and bb storm and it is not usable at the moment there is no way to control the mouse or scrolling, but i loads!!!!
    12-05-08 08:41 PM
    Do you know if this will work while in a phone call? I will be ordering the Storm tomorrow. I had a Curve in Sept for one whole day. When I tried to use the Voice Notes Recorder during a call (just like I always have for work related calls while driving on all my previous dumb phones), it said it was not available during a call, so I returned it.

Thanks.
    You're going to have the same issue with the storm.
    12-06-08 03:44 PM
    Anyone know of a good weather program (preferably free) that will work on Storm? I want something that will display the temp on the icon, like the iPhone has.
    on the Storm
    12-06-08 03:59 PM
    Are there any themes yet
    02-10-09 07:31 AM
    i was wondering if that autostandby really works with the storm because ive heard that it does and that it doesnt
    02-10-09 08:06 AM
73 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD