I would LOVE to see a StumbleUpon app for the Storm, or any Blackberry, for that matter.

StumbleUpon is already addicting as it is.
    11-17-08 10:57 AM
    Can we sticky this thread?? Maybe the Mods or OP would be so good as to add additional suggested apps??

Thanks.
    11-17-08 11:09 AM
    Wow...does anyone know any apps that are actually FREE...i'm not looking to spend more on apps than i did on the phone lol
    11-17-08 11:15 AM
    isn't google maps free? Blackberry maps?
    11-17-08 11:18 AM
    is there a free aim app?

and yeah, mods wanna sticky the thread?
    11-17-08 06:21 PM
    I wonder if Last.fm has any sort of API available for making streaming clients.

Although I suppose if Skyfire does come to the BB as mentioned, I could just use the web player, although haven't tested it on the WM device I have.
    11-17-08 06:31 PM
    Good job Stan! waiting for Friday like you to get the Storm. My 755P is about to be retired. I was looking for some apps to put on the Storm to help my transition be smoother. Great Job again.

Look forward to seeing around here like I did at the other site.
    11-18-08 05:58 PM
    I'm not sure I understand what's going on w/ Facebook. The phone supports it, but does it come pre-loaded with a Facebook app? Or is this something that must be downloaded. I ask this from a timing standpoint, because my IT department has a completely closed-door policy, so any third part apps must be downloaded BEFORE I hand the phone over for its BES makeover.
    On the Verizon curve, it had the facebook icon, but clicking on the the first time took you to a link in which you had to download the application.

Based on past history, I would say you'll have to download it onto the storm as well.
    11-18-08 06:12 PM
    Hey guys, is there something like a secured info app. Like for passwords and personal info??
    11-20-08 11:31 AM
    Hey guys, is there something like a secured info app. Like for passwords and personal info??
    Yeah there is the standard BB Wallet.
    11-20-08 11:38 AM
    Is there an app that will allow you to write a note directly on the screen? With my Treo the app is called 'Diddlebug'.

Numerous apps will be the make or break of the Storm's success.
    11-20-08 11:55 AM
    apps i will be looking into / installing....

VR+: -----> Voice Recorder...
    Do you know if this will work while in a phone call? I will be ordering the Storm tomorrow. I had a Curve in Sept for one whole day. When I tried to use the Voice Notes Recorder during a call (just like I always have for work related calls while driving on all my previous dumb phones), it said it was not available during a call, so I returned it.

Thanks.
    11-20-08 09:21 PM
    Sorry if this is a semi-threadjack, but it pertains to apps, so I thought I would post here rather than open a new thread.

I've noticed that a lot of reviews are saying that the Storm has fewer application than the iPhone, and over the past couple months as I've been researching, it sure looks like there are a ton of apps available for the BB platform, certainly as many as Apple has allowed for the iPhone. I assume these reviewers are simply referring to the apps available to download through the BB app center on the phone, not all the apps available if you're a little more intelligent and curious and download them directly from vendors to the phone?
    11-20-08 09:47 PM
    apps i will be looking into / installing....

Viigo -----> Viigo
    Pocket Express -----> Pocket Express
    Berry411 -----> Beyond411 Local Search for the RIM Blackberry
    Google Talk -----> http://www.blackberry.com/GoogleTalk/
    Google Maps -----> Google Maps
    xPlayer -----> X-Berrysoft
    astrasync -----> AstraSync - ActiveSync for BlackBerry
    Alarms Pro -----> BBSmart Alarms Pro
    VibAndRing -----> VibAndRing
    AutoStandby -----> AutoStandby
    PeekAWho -----> SmrtGuard
    Get It Back -----> Convenience Software
    Roblock -----> Roblock
    Berry Locator -----> Berry Locator
    Mobiola-xPlayer -----> Mobiola xPlayer
    MiuTunes -----> MiuTunes
    BerryTunes -----> BerryTunes 2.5
    FlipSide -----> FlipSide MP3 Player
    RDM+ -----> RDM+ BlackBerry :: Remote Access Tools
    VR+: -----> Voice Recorder VR+: Voice Recorder
    Finance Calculator -----> powerOne for BlackBerry Smartphones
    Bbsmart email html -----> BBSmart HTML Email Viewer for BlackBerry
    Agendus -----> Agendus for BlackBerry
    Mobile Bartender -----> Mobile Bartender
    Not bad for a Auburn fan

ROLL TIDE ! ! ! !
    11-20-08 09:53 PM
    Rove Mobile ----> I can't post links yet, google it.
    11-20-08 10:06 PM
    any new info on apps??? what is working what is not?
    11-21-08 09:28 PM
    Not bad for a Auburn fan

ROLL TIDE ! ! ! !
    i would wait until after next weekend to start with all that.

you will feel pretty silly if this years Auburn team beats you......AGAIN!!!
    11-21-08 10:35 PM
    anybody know when viigo comes out?
    11-22-08 04:35 AM
    RepliGo Reader is a PDF viewer for BlackBerry. It has been updated to take full advantage of the Storm. You can download it wirelessly by going to m.cerience.com/reader using your BlackBerry browser.
    11-22-08 09:13 AM
    Well in my opinion..... :-D

As a developer, I would guess that a lot of the 3rd party apps that worked on earlier versions of the BlackBerry operating system will not work easily or as nicely on Storm. I would also predict that many of these apps will get "Storm" revisions over the next few weeks or months.

Most of the legacy apps will still function without an update but may be awkward to use since they were designed for small screen with keyboard input. We just did our initial port for our got-2 product to Storm (here's a post I made yesterday about it).
    Our gCalc! rewrite for Storm should be available later this coming week.

The good news here is that once us developers really have a chance to leverage this huge screen and touch input, you guys are going to get some awesome apps. The bad news is that it may take the developer community a few months to get there in a meaningful way.

Just some thoughts from a friendly neighborhood developer. :-)
    11-22-08 09:53 AM
    Anyone know of a good weather program (preferably free) that will work on Storm? I want something that will display the temp on the icon, like the iPhone has.
    11-22-08 09:59 AM
    I looked into this a little, tried YWeather, but old app and only gives current conditions. WeatherBug looks like might be good, I've download the install file for WeatherBug but can't find it, probably on the SD card but can't seem to find app to access the card's contents. Going to try thru Desktop Manager now . . .
    11-22-08 10:22 AM
    i would wait until after next weekend to start with all that.

you will feel pretty silly if this years Auburn team beats you......AGAIN!!!
    It could happen, but it wont make me become an Auburn fan

Thanks for the list
    11-22-08 01:32 PM
    I think that you are just getting used to how slow it is. The phone is still great and I love it more and more every time I use it. There are some issues that I hope they will fix and make this great phone even better. The sure type has been the best method for me since I had a Pearl.
    Last edited by brad540; 11-22-08 at 02:20 PM.
    11-22-08 01:43 PM
    Man i'm really hope they (meaning Verizon i guess) get a jump on the app store and soon. I am needing some cool new apps for this oh, so awesome, device!
    11-24-08 12:49 AM
73 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD