I was messin around with my buddies ipod touch last night, and was wondering if the apps for the storm are gonna be anything close to those on the ipod touch? They were awesome by the way. Any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-08 11:41 AM
    I was wondering the same thing. A guy I work with has an iphone and everyone (except me because I'm waiting for the Storm) marveled at him playing games, turning the phone to move around the game. I know the Storm has the accelerometer but just wanted to know if it was gonna work with the games as the iphone does?
    10-31-08 12:56 PM
    It would be nice if the apps would be on the same level as the iphone/ipodtouch, but seeing that I own an Ipod Touch already, I am not too concerned about it.
    10-31-08 12:59 PM
    If RIM opens up the API then you could see some nice games on the BB. I never really understood games on a cell phone though. I had a few on my iPhone but rarely played them.
    10-31-08 01:05 PM
    It would be nice if the apps would be on the same level as the iphone/ipodtouch
    not going to happen. I said it a bunch of times already, the iphone/touch sdk is far better and more powerful than the blackberry sdk.
    10-31-08 01:06 PM
    I would imagine to some extent...yes. But a majority of those apps on the iPod Touch are developed by younger folks which in turn naturally focus on a younger demo. I have a jailbroken iPod Touch and I have to admit...I find myself downloading 50% senseless apps like a drum machine and acoustic guitar simulator as well as iSoulSeek (p2p) (not a game player myself). Personally I don't think any of that will be developed for the Storm.

Then again, what do I know...the Storm will be my 1st BB. But I can attest to being a senseless app freak when it comes to my iPod Touch.
    10-31-08 01:08 PM
    not going to happen. I said it a bunch of times already, the iphone/touch sdk is far better and more powerful than the blackberry sdk.
    Well, that's okay then for me. My ipod touch will remain my multimedia powerhouse then.
    10-31-08 02:35 PM
    I don't think the apps will be the same. There might be some similarities but I'm sure RIM is still looking to keep it's business class integrity.
    10-31-08 02:44 PM
    All I want is that Noise.io app that the iphone has. Its an awesome synthesizer you can just mess around with on your phone.
    10-31-08 03:00 PM
    I wonder if my pearl apps will work in the storm since it is a different SW and OS.
    11-01-08 09:01 PM
    Yup, I've been holding out on buying any new apps for my current BB. Just waiting for the Storm to be released, then I'll be downloading apps like crazy.

BTW, there should be some REALLY nice apps coming in 2009. The first BB DevConf just ended this fall and RIM is supporting many app developers. So don't be surprised if you see a lot of comparable apps between the iPhone and Storm. After all, the developers want to get their apps on as many devices as possible regardless of if its Apple or RIM.

RELEASE THE STORM!!!!
    11-01-08 09:21 PM
    Gotta have the lightsaber app
    11-01-08 09:44 PM
    yeah, my friend showed me the lightsaber on his iphone. says they have battles at lunch. how great would it be if it could sense another iphone/touch via bluetooth and somehow "score" the battle. kind of like a wii game.

how great/useless. only in America.
    11-01-08 10:31 PM
    there is a crap ton of apps up there

but when you come to reality there is only a handful that are useful and not meant for (showoff)

there fun to mess with though for sure
    11-02-08 02:50 AM
    there is a crap ton of apps up there

but when you come to reality there is only a handful that are useful and not meant for (showoff)

there fun to mess with though for sure
    What, you don't want 8 million different apps that turn your phone into a flashlight? [/sarcasm]
    11-02-08 05:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD