Hello fellow Storm Users!

Do you have any Application Ideas you want to see developed? Hit me!

-Fabian
    02-08-09 01:47 PM
    someone mentioned in the lighsaber app thread a tazer app like the iphone. seems clever enough. if your looking for productivity, how about a locking the screen app that displays a clock for the lock screen and pattern lock function
    02-08-09 01:54 PM
    Games?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

02-08-09 02:57 PM
    hey im new to this but i have had blackberries for a while. I just got the storm and I would like to see eventually some of the following:
    The ability to do the flick scroll thing. (similar to the iphone, when you slide down the page with your finger it keeps going according to how fast or hard you flick it)

something that makes pressing the end button the same as closing, just because it sometimes gets annoying pressing menu>close

in a text message pressing the green send button = sending the message

itunes would be cool

if possible a converter to be able to install iphone applications.

the best way to find useful apps to to goto itunes and find the most downloaded iphone apps.

hope that helped.
    02-08-09 05:55 PM
    Hello fellow Storm Users!

Do you have any Application Ideas you want to see developed? Hit me!

-Fabian
    Funny you should ask, I was just about to throw a request out.

I would like to have a ShareThis-esque app. Something that would just add a ShareThis option to the BB-key menu so I could easily send an article to Twitter, FaceBook, TwitPic, etc. TinyURL integration would be a major bonus.
    02-08-09 06:16 PM
    I would love a LiveJournal app, their mobile site is pretty weak...

They have one for the iPhone but have neglected Blackberry users.
    02-08-09 07:30 PM
    everybody always get mad at the iphone request.. i really dont care.. i wish there was an app in which you could text like the iphone with the ichat bubbles.. looks cool.. I DONT WANT AN IPHONE at the same time im man enough to admit that apple did a couple of cool things i wouldnt mind on my storm..

Oh and every1 is aware at how slow the storm locks and unlocks.. how about a little bit of G1 action and using a pattern unlock application..

FYI - i love my storm.. just taking the best of all world.. hope you find my ideas interesting enough to try.. please share with me if you do try..

God Bless
    03-01-09 06:38 AM
    personally i'd like to see a mobile brewing application along the lines of ProMash or BeerSmith

"What is BeerSmith? - BeerSmith is a recipe system and set of brewing tools to aid the home or professional brewer in creating outstanding beer, cider or mead. BeerSmith includes a complete recipe database, list of all commonly used brewing ingredients, beer style database, and large set of tools to make it easier than ever to create your favorite brew. With BeerSmith you can create a recipe by just picking ingredients from a list, and then print a complete set of step-by-step brewing instructions. Suitable for extract, partial mash and all grain brewers - from beginner to advanced!" - BeerSmith Brewing Software, Recipes, Blog, Wiki and Discussion Forum

"ProMash is designed to meet any brewer's needs, from the Home Brewer to the Professional Micro Brewer. ProMash is organized with an intuitive interface built for needs specific to the brewing process and has a complete, context sensitive Help system." - ProMash - Brewing Software For The Discriminating Brewer

while the scale of this request is pretty grand but would be excellent to see.
    03-01-09 07:35 AM
    Color Splash! It is now available for the iphone. Would love to have it on my storm
    Dawn
    03-01-09 08:40 AM
    I would love a version of the G1 app that allows you to take a photo of a bar code and do a lookup up of other stores in the area and provide competitive pricing.

Storm haters on the G1 use this for and example why the G1 Android is a "better" weak but it is a cool app.
    03-01-09 08:48 AM
    hey im new to this but i have had blackberries for a while. I just got the storm and I would like to see eventually some of the following:
    The ability to do the flick scroll thing. (similar to the iphone, when you slide down the page with your finger it keeps going according to how fast or hard you flick it)

something that makes pressing the end button the same as closing, just because it sometimes gets annoying pressing menu>close

in a text message pressing the green send button = sending the message

itunes would be cool

if possible a converter to be able to install iphone applications.

the best way to find useful apps to to goto itunes and find the most downloaded iphone apps.

hope that helped.
    1. Flick scroll has to be done by RIM. A developer can only implement that into their own app. RIM has to implement it into the OS for it to be across the entire phone.

2. Same answer as the first one.

3. Download manager already supports a sync with Itunes (not sure how well it works). If you're talking about being able to manage your BB from Itunes, then you're S.O.L. That will NEVER happen.

4. This will never be possible due to so many factors. Iphone apps are written in C# whereas BB apps are written in J2ME. They are two entirely different programming languages. There is nothing that can just "convert" one language into the other. Each app would have to be rewritten (which also won't happen because most of the Iphone app developers are unwilling to do so).

5. LOL @ that one.

Sounds like you just want an Iphone, bud.
    03-01-09 09:05 AM
    Oh and every1 is aware at how slow the storm locks and unlocks.. how about a little bit of G1 action and using a pattern unlock application..
    DMG already tried it. RIM doesn't give developers access to the buttons so:

1. You can't set it to to lock button
    2. The red button will terminate the app no matter how its programmed
    03-01-09 09:07 AM
    I want an app like the G1 has called Locale. Where it integrates with Google Maps and you can set zones around your home, business, movie theater etc... The GPS recognizes what zone you are in and adjusts your sound profiles to vibrate, phone calls only or whatever you have specified for each specific zone.

Oh yeah, another vote for the UPC barcode app.
    03-01-09 09:28 AM
    I laughed when m buddy suggested this one, but the more I thought about it, the more it made sense: is there an app that turns your touchscreen into a digital scale? I don't know the minimum force requirement to trigger our "button"; but it should be good for at least a few grams.

03-01-09 11:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD