Hope someone can shed some light onto a problem I encountered today.

I have had my Storm 9520 for about 6 months now and like it better than the 9500.

I plugged it into my laptop and the DM said there was a software upgrade to .497. I clicked to proceed with everything as normal.
    Unfortunately it never installed properly and I had to wipe the data.

I managed to get my BB operational again but when I went to restore from my back up I did prior to the upgrade I have lost a bunch of stuff.

No Password Keeper, no BB Messenger (it says it's installed but not there) no games. I have no idea what's happened but I have a lot of stiuff in my Password Keeper that I need.

I even tried restoring from 3 month back up without success.

Any ideas ?
    07-20-10 11:27 AM
    Did you check in the Applications/Games/Download folders? Could be that you originally installed into the main folder but after the OS reinstall, it is set back to the default of installing into folders?

Mike
    07-20-10 12:25 PM
    Please try use the DM again. Then selectively update your software to include various packages e.g. language pack, games etc.
    07-20-10 02:10 PM
    Used to be for me when I deleted an app, Appworld would disappear. Got sooooooooo tired of downloading AppWorld and then scrolling FOREVER thru the agreement to get to the "I accept".

How ignorant...
    07-20-10 03:12 PM
    Used to be for me when I deleted an app, Appworld would disappear. Got sooooooooo tired of downloading AppWorld and then scrolling FOREVER thru the agreement to get to the "I accept".

How ignorant...
    That's because when you download an app through appworld, for some reason it becomes linked to appworld. To uninstall an app without that problem, you have to do so through appworld.
    07-20-10 08:19 PM
    There is nothing in any folder.

Still don't understand why DM won't update or download the new applications that say they are?
    07-21-10 11:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD