Using a Storm and Desktop manager. Had a problem the other day and I was told to download another OS. I did, installed it now every time I go into desktop manager there are 3 OS listed. I checked on my computer and cannot find where these files are saved so I can delete it. I looked under Research in motion and no good. By the way I am using a PC with XP installed. Can someone tell me where these files are kept?

Also when trying to install apps I am having trouble. Example is Quickpull. I downloaded it to My documents. It saved as a .jad file. Now what? Desktop manager will not list it as a application I can upload? Does it have to be moved to another location? Thanks
    02-27-09 05:03 PM
    Using Windows XP, click Start/Settings/Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs. Once the list populates, scroll down and look for "Blackberry Device Software v4.7.x for the Blackberry 9530 smartphone." That's what you want to remove. Good luck!
    Last edited by drseti; 02-27-09 at 07:34 PM. Reason: changing OS version
    02-27-09 07:32 PM
    Using a Storm and Desktop manager. Had a problem the other day and I was told to download another OS. I did, installed it now every time I go into desktop manager there are 3 OS listed. I checked on my computer and cannot find where these files are saved so I can delete it. I looked under Research in motion and no good. By the way I am using a PC with XP installed. Can someone tell me where these files are kept?

Also when trying to install apps I am having trouble. Example is Quickpull. I downloaded it to My documents. It saved as a .jad file. Now what? Desktop manager will not list it as a application I can upload? Does it have to be moved to another location? Thanks

Try downloading it directily to your phone and it will install and the icon will apprear. Use Internet browser and go to the same link you used when you downloaded it to your computer.

You can also copy the link to the download and send it to yourself in an email and then on you phone click on the link in the email, click the BB button and click Get Link, and it should take you to the site through your browser so you can download directly to your phone.

These are the methods used for most applications, but not all.
    02-27-09 09:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD