OK so my 1 year old absolutely LOVES playing with my Storm (CrackBerry CrackBaby). The only problem is that he sometimes goes a little too crazy and has done some things like calling random contacts (at 6AM), opening 100 applications at once, and even moved home screen icons around.

I am wondering if there is a cool app. that I can run when he has my phone that will keep him from messing anything up. Not sure if there is anything specific for babies/toddlers or a game or what.

I know the phone has screen lock but he gets rather cranky when he can't push buttons and act like he is actually doing something with the phone.

Any help would be fantastic.

Thank you.
    04-02-09 11:22 AM
    are you SERIOUSLY asking if there's apps for a 1 year old for the Storm?

THIS is what your child needs...

or

or

See where I'm going with this?
    Last edited by xxfire; 04-02-09 at 11:26 AM.
    04-02-09 11:23 AM
    You buy a 500$ phone and you let your 1year old toss it around, not the smartest thing in the world to do. Just wait untill they put it in ther mouth and drool all over it or they practice for there future baseball carreer alittle too early lol.
    04-02-09 11:25 AM
    You buy a 500$ phone and you let your 1year old toss it around, not the smartest thing in the world to do. Just wait untill they put it in ther mouth and drool all over it or they practice for there future baseball carreer alittle too early lol.
    Or even better yet is when the kid has the Storm in it's mouth and just enough droll shorts SOMETHING and gets zapped and burned.. Then she'll want to sue RIM and Verizon for "allowing" that to happen...

Some ppl shouldn't breed.
    04-02-09 11:29 AM
    Now were not trying to be mean but some people will make some bad comments on here, but seriously consider getting a toy phone like the ones above.
    04-02-09 11:33 AM
    Now were not trying to be mean but some people will make some bad comments on here, but seriously consider getting a toy phone like the ones above.
    or at least stick an otterbox around it!
    04-02-09 11:36 AM
    lol @ All of you being morons towards the OP it's a PHONE
    My daughter likes to play with the light sabre app.
    A lot of things like that, Try the bubble popping game too

There is a pumpkin app for Halloween that she LOVES you shake it and it makes noises, swipe for different faces (But thats iPhone)
    04-02-09 11:37 AM
    there are Dummy phones on Ebay
    04-02-09 11:40 AM
    Seriously though I didn't post to get parenting advice or to be talked down to. You don't need to be d!cks - find a post about someone complaining about BB or saying how the iPhone is so much better than Storm if you feel the need to act like d0ucheb@gs.

I was just wondering if any parents had advice. Seriously everyone who has a kid knows that they love playing with phones. If someone came out with an app. that babies liked they could make a grip of cash because every parent would buy it.

It's just a phone and I don't mind letting him play with it. He has like 5 toy phones and they are obviously not as cool as the Storm.

Plus he doesn't put it in his mouth because I don't put it in my mouth. Babies learn by watching.
    04-02-09 11:52 AM
    Wow, what's with the hostility guys? It's his/her phone, he/she wants to let his kid play with it, who the **** cares? No need to act like assholes.

To the OP: unfortunately, I haven't seen anything that was designed with children in mind. There are some simple games, like Lights Out and Storm Sketch (think Etch-a-Sketch) that would be pretty stimulating I'd think, where you basically just touch the screen and watch things happen. Maybe check those out?

EDIT: I'll also add that I think the OP's suggestion for a kid-friendly app would be brilliant. Kids do LOVE messing with phones.
    04-02-09 11:56 AM
    I've put a couple of Little Einstein and Dora video's on my Storm, so when we go out to dinner and my 3 yo daughter starts getting restless, its The Little Einsteins to the rescue. That's one of the main reasons I got the Storm. I dont know how anyone could dislike this phone.
    04-02-09 12:05 PM
    Some people need to get lives instead of bashing on others... especially when the question asked is a legitimate one that completely serves the entire purpose of this forum.

One thing I can think of is to find applications that don't close unless you actually press menu and press close and not by the back button. i.e. Bolt Browser.
    Also, you can turn off your network capabilities... so he doesn't make random phone calls.
    04-02-09 12:08 PM
    I've put a couple of Little Einstein and Dora video's on my Storm, so when we go out to dinner and my 3 yo daughter starts getting restless, its The Little Einsteins to the rescue. That's one of the main reasons I got the Storm. I dont know how anyone could dislike this phone.
    I totally agree, and do the same thing with some videos.

To answer the original question, my 3 year old loves the Doodle application (Tafasa), and has also had some fun with the demo/beta of that Labyrinth game.

-Greg
    04-02-09 12:14 PM
    I downloaded the storm piano for my child. Haven't let her play it yet though as I am saving it for an emergency.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 12:29 PM
    Awwww I ALMOST feel bad...
    Can I get a hug so I too can feel all warm and fuzzy inside?
    My little girl just turned 2 in January. I've had the storm since November, and before that I owned the iPhone (I've pretty much had the iPhone as long as i've owned a blackberry {roughly two years} )
    She did great with it under supervision, you'd be surprised what children can do even being so young
    04-02-09 12:31 PM
    Slacker Radio has Toddler and Disney stations (which my kids are glued to, though they're now six).

It might amuse your kid enough to not want to mess with the app/phone and to just quietly listen (being overly optimistic here).
    04-02-09 12:32 PM
    My son loves my storm. Also loves the Schizotone, MetroNome,LightSaber, And TouchBubbles.

He is 11 months.

Btw. He doesnt put the storm in his mouth. He knows that Daddy will lay out the RAGE.
    04-02-09 12:38 PM
    I have three kids under 5, so I feel ya! But I've also lost a few for letting them play with it. The Verizon stores have dummy phones that look and feel like real ones. My kids got them (for free) while I was in there getting my pearl replaced (before my storm). I suggest asking for one and not letting your one year old assume he can gum up your super sweet storm! . Not parenting advice, just a mother to mother suggestion.

04-02-09 01:48 PM
    I agree with the movie idea as well. I've done that while out to dinner and it was a life saver!

04-02-09 01:51 PM
    All right party people thanks for the advice. Downloaded stormSaber (seemed to be the one that most of you thought would be best) and we'll try it out tonight.

Of course now he won't want to play with the phone since he'll just think it's another toy! Such is life.

Thanks again to those of you who helped out.
    04-02-09 02:09 PM
    My 20 month old loves my storm too and gets rather pissed off when I take the buttons off (lock the phone).

Anyway, mine likes the Easy Button, the Storm Taser and the Storm Sketch. And when all else fails, I will play music on it and lock the screen.

Hope this helps.
    04-02-09 02:15 PM
    I have to say if your going to download somthing schizotone would in my opinion be the best, lights, colours, and sounds all kids loves those.
    04-02-09 03:44 PM
    I can't find schizotone on App World. Is it located on another site?
    04-02-09 03:52 PM
    Playing a video for my 10 month old little girl on my storm saved me from screaming baby syndrome at the local target just yesterday after she got tempted to ignore me and play in the toy section......
    04-02-09 03:53 PM
    Dude your little one will love this: http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/teslaberry-183028/

Just click on the link in the first post!

here is a more direct route: teslaBerry - Entertainment Blackberry Software

Best of all it's FREE!

It's called teslaberry, and it responds to a finger touching the screen. My son just loves it! Of course I hold the phone for him he is only 1.50 years old but he loves it!
    04-02-09 04:23 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD