I've read about the Infinite SMS application for the iphone which allows you to send and receive SMS texts for free. I've always been frustrated by having unlimited data but have to pay for SMS, is there any equivalent application for the blackberry?
    02-17-09 04:35 PM
    ummmm...what plan do you have, most plans have unlimited text just get unlimited text and your straight no apps needed lol.
    02-17-09 04:54 PM
    I've read about the Infinite SMS application for the iphone which allows you to send and receive SMS texts for free. I've always been frustrated by having unlimited data but have to pay for SMS, is there any equivalent application for the blackberry?
    I'm interested too!
    02-17-09 04:59 PM
    ummmm...what plan do you have, most plans have unlimited text just get unlimited text and your straight no apps needed lol.
    Verizon on a family plan which is the worst because to get unlimited for my phone I'm pretty sure I have to get unlimited for the whole plan which is very expensive. This program is extremely feasible and will save me a ton of money. I think I read the one I referenced earlier uses google talk to send the messages.
    02-17-09 05:03 PM
    If your friends have a blackberry bbm would work great but it shouldn't be to hard to make an app I assume its kinda like using the web to send a text to a Mobil phone right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-09 05:04 PM
    Any of the instant messenger apps would work. AIM, google talk, etc. And I believe they are available on dumb phones as well.

02-17-09 05:11 PM
    Any of the instant messenger apps would work. AIM, google talk, etc. And I believe they are available on dumb phones as well.

They don't receive SMS though so that doesn't really solve the problem. Like the program I mentioned, it would intercept SMS sent to the phone. Also, I've noticed huge delays using AIM between time sent and time received. Haven't used google talk
    02-17-09 05:15 PM
    Yahoo messenger does on the computer...now if the mobile app could just do the same.
    02-17-09 08:48 PM
    Ya I agree paying for SMS is so lame..The carriers make a killin on that feature and it barely uses there network. Ya I think whoever creates a SMS app works for free will kill these lame carrier charges...yes I'm lookin at you Verizon!
    02-17-09 08:51 PM
    Verizon on a family plan which is the worst because to get unlimited for my phone I'm pretty sure I have to get unlimited for the whole plan which is very expensive. This program is extremely feasible and will save me a ton of money. I think I read the one I referenced earlier uses google talk to send the messages.
    I have Verizon family plan. There are two types of family plans, one that includes the pic/text msg, and the other one which doesn't (basic plan). If your on the basic plan you can add txt messaging to each individual line for $9.99/line with unlimited in-plan texting, and 500 out of plan texting.
    02-17-09 08:52 PM
    Ya I agree paying for SMS is so lame..The carriers make a killin on that feature and it barely uses there network. Ya I think whoever creates a SMS app works for free will kill these lame carrier charges...yes I'm lookin at you Verizon!
    Who woulda thought a corporation is in business to make money and not need a gov't bailout.. crazy....
    02-17-09 09:34 PM
    yeah..you dont have to add unlimited texting to the whole fam. my other phone is on a family plan and im the only one with unlimited texting
    02-18-09 08:14 AM
    Unlimited texting on verizon family plans are so expensive.... My plan is 700min nationwide select plan.. Which is 90$ for the first line & blackberry data plan $30.... And I have 4 other lines at $9.99 each... Including taxes I pay nearly 200$ a month... That's expensive... Knocking off $30 off for the unlimtited txt would be a bargain for me.. If only it was included with the blackberry data plans..

02-18-09 08:29 AM
    iPhone has an app like this..which means we should too
    02-18-09 08:37 AM
    I am in same boat with verizon family plan and need free SMS on two Storms.... but don't see any current solutions as the iphone/ATT has in this area. Am I wrong?
    02-18-09 09:04 AM
    Unlimited texting on verizon family plans are so expensive.... My plan is 700min nationwide select plan.. Which is 90$ for the first line & blackberry data plan $30.... And I have 4 other lines at $9.99 each... Including taxes I pay nearly 200$ a month... That's expensive... Knocking off $30 off for the unlimtited txt would be a bargain for me.. If only it was included with the blackberry data plans..

Upgrade from basic to a select plan (includes txt/pic msg). It will save you $5-10/month.
    02-18-09 09:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD