Ok so i have a question about the memory that BB's have.

what is the point of having SD cards if we cannot use them for the applications?

Storm 2 users have 16bgs of memory device and SD card combine, but we can only use about 100mb for apps.

We only have 256mb of application memory. why? the OS takes half of that, with the memory leaks that we have an a couple of appls our phones start acting ******** and slow.

why cant we have the application memory just for the OS and the rest of the memory for apps and out stuff.

what is the point of having all this memory available if the phone is going to slow down because our memory is going low...

is it always going to be like this? the new bb's are going to be coming out with 512mb of application memory and i still think we are going to have the same issue.

Well at least me lol

im a newbie to bb's so maybe i might know much but thats whats on my mind lol
    04-28-10 12:26 AM
    MOVIES

Seriously. I have ~20 disks ripped to my SD card.
    04-28-10 12:29 AM
    MOVIES

Seriously. I have ~20 disks ripped to my SD card.
    Yes but the question is why have 1.8 gigs you cant use?
    04-28-10 12:58 AM
    Yes, low application memory is one of the biggest downfalls to BB currently....i mean up until about a year ago, 128MB was the standard and that was hard to work with........
    04-28-10 07:08 AM
    I have 25 apps and 6 custom themes and this morning Im still at 97.5 MB free
    04-28-10 07:28 AM
    I have 25 apps and 6 custom themes and this morning Im still at 97.5 MB free
    Ughhh with mroe Open GL games coming out, that will change real quick

Try downloading PBA bowling 2 and Need for Speed 3D and that'll set you back near 10MB at least........and thats just two games....
    04-28-10 07:51 AM
    Ughhh with mroe Open GL games coming out, that will change real quick

Try downloading PBA bowling 2 and Need for Speed 3D and that'll set you back near 10MB at least........and thats just two games....
    I'm not interested in games, but assuming that OS 6.0 is available for the S2, you can bet it will take up more of a memory footprint than our current OS versions...I haven't had to really monitor my application memory since I had the S1, but I'm willing to bet OS 6 will make it a necessity again.
    04-28-10 08:30 AM
    Yes but the question is why have 1.8 gigs you cant use?
    It is used to store the Downloads from the BB app center, so it has a use
    04-28-10 09:19 AM
    It is also storage that can be used independent of an SD card for media (pictures, music, etc).

For example, if you frequently change your SD card for movies and such, it would be helpful to keep your ringtones on the device so that they are always there.
    04-28-10 09:39 AM
    Thats something I always wanted to know!
    04-28-10 10:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD