Ok, so I JUST bought the blackberry storm. So far I LOVE it. I am curious about something though.....

I have read about people on here hitting 50mb free space for Applications.

I have done the battery pull etc don't have any extra applications running, dimmed my light etc and even after the pull I only hit about 39.....

How are some people hitting 50?
    The only Apps I have downloaded are Facebook and google maps.

Is 39 bad?
    03-04-09 06:30 PM
    Ok, so I JUST bought the blackberry storm. So far I LOVE it. I am curious about something though.....

I have read about people on here hitting 50mb free space for Applications.

I have done the battery pull etc don't have any extra applications running, dimmed my light etc and even after the pull I only hit about 39.....

How are some people hitting 50?
    The only Apps I have downloaded are Facebook and google maps.

Is 39 bad?

Don't worry about is what I say! I hover between 15-26 all day depending on how hard I use it, and I have not slow down. Don't get caught up in the memory OCD. It is not healthy
    03-04-09 06:32 PM
    Mine is 38 after a pull... drops to and stays around 20-25
    03-04-09 06:33 PM
    Ok lol, I will try not to. I keep checking it freaking out because I thought we were supposed to. Thank you for helping me realize it is ok and not to worry lol.
    03-04-09 06:33 PM
    Don't worry about is what I say! I hover between 15-26 all day depending on how hard I use it, and I have not slow down. Don't get caught up in the memory OCD. It is not healthy
    Since that is worth repeating, and I'm a lazy b@stard, I'll just quote it.
    03-04-09 06:34 PM
    You know what I have also realized...... there are so many freaking people on crackberry it is not funny. I have never seen a forum burn through threads sooooo quick.
    03-04-09 06:34 PM
    Ok lol, I will try not to. I keep checking it freaking out because I thought we were supposed to. Thank you for helping me realize it is ok and not to worry lol.
    No problem

If you search these forums you will see all the posts about memory.... I say enjoy your phone. If you are not getting any slowdown or performance issues don't worry about. I did for awhile and realized I spent more time checking my memory than I did enjoying the phone..
    03-04-09 06:35 PM
    You know what I have also realized...... there are so many freaking people on crackberry it is not funny. I have never seen a forum burn through threads sooooo quick.
    What can you do but love us addicts
    03-04-09 06:36 PM
    7 minutes and we have hit 9 posts. Nuckin futz. Maybe someday I will hit 50mb... just maybe. So I could be wrong but is this MB usage pretty much like computer RAM?
    03-04-09 06:38 PM
    I NEVER get above 32...by the way, search is your friend. This is the 3rd Memory thread I have seen in 10 minutes.
    03-04-09 06:41 PM
    I NEVER get above 32...by the way, search is your friend. This is the 3rd Memory thread I have seen in 10 minutes.
    LOL.... Only 3 posts on memory in 10 minutes it is getting better than it used to. See there is always a bright side.
    03-04-09 06:43 PM
    You can increase the memory by deleting .cod files that you don't use. Use search to find out how or which ones. After a pull I'm just over 50mb but it drops throughout the day. Just be sure to clear cache and memory from time to time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-09 10:12 PM
    Here's a great link on freeing file memory...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...le+free+memory
    03-04-09 10:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD