Any particular threads? I have read many too still trying to narrow things down

Thanks
    I'm not sure which ones in particular. I just searched memory for the storm and looked at a bunch. There was one about how to delete sample pics and songs, another about scheduling quickpull to get your memory back everynight, deleting unused apps that came preloaded on the phone (for me vznav and visual voice mail). Those were some I remember.

I got maybe like 5-7MB more of app memory from all the threads I read so some people saying they max at 18 after a battery pull I'm not sure what's going on there.

A lot of threads like this one talk about apps with memory leaks too. You can figure out which ones have bad memory leaks and see if there is any similar apps to replace it.
    03-14-09 11:43 PM
    I uninstalled Weatherbug and also make sure to close viiago when I done with it. This seems to make some improvements. I also have podtrapper and spoke with the developer and he said that he has done a lot of testing and the app is very solid- no leaking. I also got rid of VZ nav and BBmessenger.
    03-15-09 02:06 PM
    FYI: I upgraded to .109, and I saw my memory go over 40mb for the first time! I also installed meterberry before doing the upgrade. I noticed my memory goes down to about 24mb when I'm not using the phone, then back up to 33-35mb when I start using it. It may be the garbage collector (or something), but I think the upgrade made the biggest difference. I guess time will tell.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-09 10:03 AM
    I just try not to look at the memory screen lol it make my life a lot more stress free.
    03-16-09 10:13 AM
    I just try not to look at the memory screen lol it make my life a lot more stress free.
    LOL me, too! Honestly, I've seen mine drop to 4 mb and really, I've had no problems with lagging, even running that low. Or maybe I'm just more patient . I have a lot of apps and periodically weed them out or just have them backed up on my computer in case I want them back at a future date. To me, memory is something meant to be used, especially if I'm not having any major issues. NOT checking my memory like a fiend has been a hard habit to break, having gone from the Pearl (where it was a must-do) to the Storm.
    03-16-09 10:25 AM
    When I first got my phone, like all my other pda's, I cant put it down for like a month. I did alot of looking into the app free memory. I also have a friend that I upgrade os's with, every time I find one thats stable enough for someone who has no intention of learning how to really use his phone.

Here is what I have found recently.

-He is now running the same os I am 103/109 hybrid.
    -He has ZERO apps and after a soft reset he is at 53mb (I tweaked his phone a bit, removed vz nav and facebook completely, removed sample stuff, ect)
    -I have the apps listed in my signature (and have the same tweaks) and after a soft reset am at 50mb.
    -He drops to about 45-47 after 48 hours.
    -I drop to anywhere between 30-45 in 48 hours depending on how I use my phone.
    -I have been able to go 130 hours on my phone before a soft reset. I viewed this with quickaunch. The phone wasnt lagging and was running at 18mb.

That was just a test to see if my apps would actually make my phone freeze after a decent period of time. I used to do a batt pull on early os's every other morning. Now I do one like every week. I guess I cant really complain, as I drop to the same MB range some START with......How does that work?

*Slacker, If I use slacker for a bit, it will drop my memory down ALOT. It will clean back up after a few hours. It doesnt freze the phone, but I noticed that this app is slow to reclaim its memory. I am running version 1.0.23 and there may be a newer version?

*I did just load 3 jam, I noticed that it is always in the running programs list. It has been using up more memory than I would like. I used to fall to around the 40-45 range w/o it ( as where now I have seen it as low as 25 after around 80 hours since last batt pull). I NEED a threaded sms app and I have already paid for the full version, so I will be running it and poking tech support for some updates

I HAVE tested all my apps one by one and ON MY DEVICE, dont have any major drains (other than what I described with slacker and 3 jam). I would say that the apps I am running are pretty safe even WeatherBug. If you watch, most apps (unless they are constanly updating) will clean up there used memory after a while. These phones have SOO MUCH MORE memory than any of my other pda's and I would run the same amount of apps and be worried about dropping to the 0-3mb range. Its there to BE USED....
    03-16-09 12:19 PM
    Update: After getting rid of weatherbug, making sure that all apps were updated, removed old themes and unused apps and installing logmaid, my memory has definitely stabilized. I really think that logmaid has made the difference. I am running on .75 too.
    03-20-09 07:23 PM
    Good job! I tried downloading logmaid a few times from the OTA thread and always get a 404 error. I'll have to try it again. I upgraded to .109, and that made a huge difference for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-09 07:36 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD