Have had my storm for about three weeks have down loaded a few apps and am already getting messages that my application memory is low or gone. Have called Blackberry several times and have finally come to conclusion that there is an app draining the memory. Have several apps off of Blackberry site and several 3rd party apps. Blackberry Tech is certain that its a 3rd party app. Is there any way to find out which one or are there some known 3rd party apps that do this. New to this Blackberry and Storm thing so any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    02-27-09 07:05 PM
    What apps do you have installed? If u list them maybe someone will know, if not then delete and re install one at a time and see which is the bad boy. I would personally list them here and see if someone can tell you.
    02-27-09 07:09 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I have installed the following apps: Storm slider, quicklaunch, speed test,google maps, weatherbug, viigo, slacker, flycast,bubblepopper deluxe, solitaire buddy gold, hunting, storm slots, iBee farting,tip calculator,poynt, newsweek, washinton post, ny times, ap mobile time mobile cnn mobile usa today, wall street journal and fox news. The rest were on the phone when I got it. Being new to all this I dont understand why the phone can have one gig of memory but the application memory can be as little as it is. What is all the phone memory for? I am sure there are some of you experienced storm users that have alot more apps than this and are getting along fine. Thanks again for the help
    02-27-09 07:40 PM
    I have had a lot of those apps at one point or another. I will tell you the weather bug was a huge memory problem for me as well as others. Do you have any themes installed? Besides the default one?
    02-27-09 07:44 PM
    No other themes, had some on first storm but lost all on phone replacement. Would you be able to store the themes on the media card instead of app memory. I dont know. I will delete weatherbug though. Thanks
    02-27-09 10:15 PM
    what version of viigo? that has been rumored to cause some memory drains. and if you dont mind me asking where did you find the newsweek app? i am a subscriber and havent been able to find it i tried the link off RIMs site it just takes me to regular newsweek page. can you post a link or are you found it?
    02-28-09 02:35 AM
    what version of viigo? that has been rumored to cause some memory drains. and if you dont mind me asking where did you find the newsweek app? i am a subscriber and havent been able to find it i tried the link off RIMs site it just takes me to regular newsweek page. can you post a link or are you found it?
    From your BB go to...
    http:// mobile.newsweek.com/item.jsp?key=bb

*No space between "/" and mobile. Did that so you could read the address**
    02-28-09 05:50 AM
    It is DEFINITELY Viigo!!!
    02-28-09 06:51 AM
    I get a huge memory leak when running Viigo and weatherbug at the same time. They just gang up on my free app memory.
    02-28-09 07:14 AM
    I would say VIIGO! I am running weatherbug on .103 and my file free stays between 42 and 48
    I think for the **** of it, I am going to put Viigo back on and see what happens because at this point, my phone is running and operating great. Here I go...(crackberry version)
    I will report what I find if anyone gives two ****s

Installed at 0830 and did battery pull...file free is 46
    Last edited by cap10mark; 02-28-09 at 07:36 AM.
    02-28-09 07:25 AM
    Thanks for all of the replys. I guess I should say that with those apps installed plus what came with storm this morning I have 14.6 mb free space. I did remove weatherbug last night did not make much difference. Sounds like I should try Viigo, that didnt seem to matter on cap10's phone. Thanks again for the help
    02-28-09 08:29 AM
    Thanks for all of the replys. I guess I should say that with those apps installed plus what came with storm this morning I have 14.6 mb free space. I did remove weatherbug last night did not make much difference. Sounds like I should try Viigo, that didnt seem to matter on cap10's phone. Thanks again for the help
    It's been an hour and I am already down to 39. Lowest I have been since I installed .103
    02-28-09 08:37 AM
    Uninstalled Viigo and went from 14.6 to 17.9. Capt10 how many apps do you have installed to have that much memory left. I wish mine was 30 or above. What does everyone else on this thread run. This was the same problem I had on my first storm that crashed a couple of days ago
    02-28-09 09:06 AM
    I run from 42 to 30, all of those news app's will drain your memory.
    02-28-09 09:29 AM
    HELP>>>> I have fallen and I cant get up

here is my list:
    standard stuff but i deleated Vcast (I use Vnavigator)
    I have about 8 themes loaded

silly stuff: storm tazer, light saber, storm saber, east button, guitar chords, guitar tune, screen smash,

Other: storm stat, opera mini, bolt, pynt, viigo, CB apps, Slackerm vibandring, weatherbug

games: chuzzle, suduko platinum, tiltris, spades, crash bandicoo, solytare, marble storm aztec

I go from 28 down to 12 at tiems. I am worried.
    I upgraded form 75 to 109 yesterday. THAT is when I noticed the drain.

anybody help?
    02-28-09 10:17 AM
    I run from 42 to 30, all of those news app's will drain your memory.
    HELP>>>> I have fallen and I cant get up

here is my list:
    standard stuff but i deleated Vcast (I use Vnavigator)
    I have about 8 themes loaded

silly stuff: storm tazer, light saber, storm saber, east button, guitar chords, guitar tune, screen smash,

Other: storm stat, opera mini, bolt, pynt, viigo, CB apps, Slackerm vibandring, weatherbug

games: chuzzle, suduko platinum, tiltris, spades, crash bandicoo, solytare, marble storm aztec

I go from 28 down to 12 at tiems. I am worried.
    I upgraded form 75 to 109 yesterday. THAT is when I noticed the drain.

anybody help?
    How do you find these numbers?
    02-28-09 10:53 AM
    thanks soo much ive been searching for that!
    02-28-09 10:59 AM
    option > memory > and scroll down the number they are referring to is the application memory

i have cb launcher, cb appstore, bank of america app, facebook, myspace, cnn mobile, newsweek, bbm, quick pull,logmaid.

with memory cleaner setup to clean whenever holstered and clearing the log files i run at least 40 mb at all times in the morning ill start at 43.9 then after strenuous use i might dip to 38 but once pulling it from holster its usually at 40. so im very happy with it. id like to reinstall weatherbug but that was a huge drain since its always running. i only use quickpull once a week twice at most. i really recommend people using logmaid and setting up the memory cleaner that has helped so much! keeps my bb fast and im still on .75
    Last edited by ReaperZ1013; 02-28-09 at 11:11 AM.
    02-28-09 11:02 AM
    As in MB? Is this number a "RAM" number or a storage availability? This discussion makes my 9MB look paltry.
    02-28-09 11:13 AM
    I also noticed that when I used one of the "today" themes my memory dropped to below 18. Forgot about that since I used it only one day; deleted it when I noticed the leakage.

As a suggestion, don't install a bunch of apps all at once. Spread em out. If you installed only one app yesterday and the memory drops like a rock today, chances are it's the app you just installed.
    02-28-09 11:13 AM
    the biggest issue is the themes be cautious which one you run as they tend to cause leaks and after switching to a them do a battery pull and monitor it for a day and check.

mb as in megabytes yes it is a RAM number the device memory is for storage.
    02-28-09 11:15 AM
    the biggest issue is the themes be cautious which one you run as they tend to cause leaks and after switching to a them do a battery pull and monitor it for a day and check.

mb as in megabytes yes it is a RAM number the device memory is for storage.
    Cool thx for the info.
    02-28-09 11:27 AM
    I was having bad mem. Drain prob. Themes we're a big prob. Try keeping everything you don't use on a daily basis on media manger. (desk top) and change out for new ones weekly. Also I do batt. Pulls about twice a day plus once before I plug in at night and am running around 37 at peak down to 22. At batt pull. But have been told you really just need to stay above 20. I'm still new to all of this though. Have had my storm about 5 weeks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-09 11:53 AM
    This is a great link for those wanting to increase file free memory...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...lecture+series
    02-28-09 11:54 AM
    Also make sure you close out of everything you get into. Don't just back out of it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-09 11:58 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD