I don't know if this question was already asked. How can I increase the application memory in my BB storm 9530. I already have a few application, but I am interested in others, but I can't downloaded because I don't have sufficient memory. This is annoying!!
    How can I fix that problem?

Thanks,
    11-21-09 11:13 AM
    You can't. Sorry.
    11-21-09 11:24 AM
    Hi janm79,
    This issue has been discussed and I know what you're feeling. I have had a BB9000 since January and noticed this issue several months ago. The space allocated for applications is what it is by design and there is virtually no way to access the expanded memory (SD card) to load anything else but media. This is done by RIM for security reasons of which they cannot disclose.

Someone recommended I download Aerize Card Loader. This applet allows you to install applications to the SD card via Over The Air (OTA) downloads (Not through the BB App Store application or Desktop Manager Software). I am using Card Loader and it works well. It seems to manage my device memory and applications better and I seldom fall below 30MB of free space on the device.

There is a discussion on this website specifically for Aerize applications somewhere on these boards.

Regards!
    Pete
    11-21-09 11:25 AM
    Note that this application doesn't actually install applications to the Media Card. Read the description and the reviews so that you understand exactly how it works.
    11-21-09 12:44 PM
    Free up memory by deleting things that come on the OS package that you don't use. Ex. Voice Activated Dialing, language packs.
    11-21-09 01:04 PM
    Free up memory by deleting things that come on the OS package that you don't use. Ex. Voice Activated Dialing, language packs.
    This is a great tip, go on DM and start unchecking all the stuff you dont need (make sure you know what it is though)
    11-21-09 03:06 PM
    Try using Crackmem to delete some of the unnecessary things. http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ne...memory-142376/
    11-21-09 05:04 PM
    Be aware that some third party apps require you to have certain native apps. for example
    Bb maps is needed for weatherbug to work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-09 08:57 AM
    You can always free up some memory by deleting things that come on the OS package that you don't use.
    11-23-09 11:42 AM
    Download maxmem and delete the video and pictures that came preloaded if you haven't already. Maxmem will also get ride of a few other things such as voice activated dialing, my faves and ATT's push to talk. Go to berrycoder.com to download it. Just make sure to do a back up before using it. Good luck.

11-23-09 01:42 PM
    I use the APP loader and Shrink OS to reduce the amount of preinstalled apps. Also, I only have the apps I use daily installed. If I only use something once in a while, I'll delete it and redownload it later. This is a huge problem for the Storm, I just got a Bold 9700 too and the memory is incredible. I also noticed that bumping the OS up to .328 increased my memory too, whereas on 4.7 I struggled constantly.
    11-23-09 01:45 PM
    My Storm has gotten very slow lately. The browser especially. I have the new OS that Verizon released. 5.0 I have deleted a lot of things that I dont' need. The languages, help and things like that. I deleted a few apps and a theme. I am sad and frustrated that I had to do that. I mean these are things that I used to make my Storm functionable to me. Plus there are a lot of other apps that I would like to download but I can't because of the slowness. So now I am never supposed to download anything at all?
    I am also constantly pulling out the battery and my hair.
    Are all BlackBerries like this? I am considering getting the Tour. Does that have more application memory?
    12-02-09 06:07 PM
    Be careful of losing user data here as well. If your free memory drops too low, Berries will delete user data like old emails, call logs, SMS logs and old Calendar entries without asking. I haven't been able to find out the actual threshhold - have read 400K, 12MB and now 15MB so who really knows what the clip level is. But it's a known issue with Berries - one that I'm shocked isn't made public to users before they buy.

- R.
    12-02-09 07:27 PM
    My Storm has gotten very slow lately. The browser especially. I have the new OS that Verizon released. 5.0 I have deleted a lot of things that I dont' need. The languages, help and things like that. I deleted a few apps and a theme. I am sad and frustrated that I had to do that. I mean these are things that I used to make my Storm functionable to me. Plus there are a lot of other apps that I would like to download but I can't because of the slowness. So now I am never supposed to download anything at all?
    I am also constantly pulling out the battery and my hair.
    Are all BlackBerries like this? I am considering getting the Tour. Does that have more application memory?
    Nope! Not all blackberries are like that. What's your file free at? Go to options, status.

12-02-09 09:07 PM
    Nope! Not all blackberries are like that. What's your file free at? Go to options, status.

It is at 24350816 Bytes.
    Whatever that means.
    My browser is slower and slowest. When I reboot it is 27 memory.
    12-02-09 09:11 PM
    Looks like you have about 24 mb more or less. That should be enough memory for the phone to function properly. Have you already deleted the preinstalled video and wallpapers?

12-02-09 09:14 PM
    I deleted the video. Not wallpapers. But this problem has popped up recently. Like the last week and I have had my Storm since it first came out in November. I deleted some recent uploaded apps and a theme. Maybe its just time for an upgrade? I don't know if the Tour would be considered an upgrade.
    I also can't figure out how to respond to thread from my Blackberry. I keep having to run back to the lap top to respond.
    Blah. One of those days.
    12-02-09 09:26 PM
    I know how to respond to post on my Blackberry. I don't know what I was thinking. Too much at one time. Folding laundry, cooking dinner, following threads on Crackberry and mediating a squabble between the kids. Please ignore the last part of the previous post.

12-02-09 10:40 PM
    If this has happened in the last week, what's new? Is it the OS? If so, downgrade to what you were using before.

12-03-09 01:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD