Hey all. Obviously I don't post much on here but I lurk a lot. I have a question on app memory. My phone hasn't had a battery pull in about a month hear mixed reviews on pulling the battery often. My question is I guess how bad is it to pull the battery often? And also my app memory as I type this is at about 19 mb right now with my only app really being slacker. Shouldn't it be higher than that? Any help is appreciated thanks for helping out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-09 10:21 PM
    Do the pull it won't do anything bad. You'll reboot in a few minutes with plenty of app mem and likely running much smoother.

I do a pull once or twice a day

04-04-09 10:59 PM
    If you ever need to increase file free memory here's a link to do so...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...pular+download
    04-04-09 11:00 PM
    I'm a once a day man too, a pull a day keeps the bb doctor away!

04-04-09 11:01 PM
    Great link. Thanks. You guys are great. I too am a huge lurker and find the most useful things here.
    04-04-09 11:14 PM
    Is a physical battery pull more effective than quickpull?
    Rochelle
    04-05-09 08:21 AM
    I think quickpull is exactly the same as an actual battery pull

04-05-09 09:05 AM
    I'm having the same problem. My phone sat around 15mb free before I deleted some apps. Now I have around 23mb free.

04-05-09 09:20 AM
    I think quickpull is exactly the same as an actual battery pull

What few issues I had were solved with quickpull. It is scheduled to go off about 15 minutes before my alarm wakes me up in the morning.

Works beautifully.

04-05-09 09:24 AM
    Thank you

Rochelle
    04-05-09 10:18 AM
    Thanks Guys i guess the only thing to man up and pull the battery and see where my memory sits. Thanks.
    04-05-09 10:30 AM
    Who cares? Seriously? All you need to ask yourself is whether or not your phone is running well. If yes, who gives a flying f uck if it's running with 0 free app mem or 2GB (assuming that were possible)? There's no point going out of your way to make an issue out of nothing like this.

You DON'T need to reboot your phone every day, that's just a load of crap. It's an unnecessary drain on your battery, and you run a small risk of losing data every time you reboot the phone, just due to the nature of the way data is stored on modern devices. It is a very small risk, but it is a risk none the less.

There is no point in going out of your way to find fault with the phone. If it's working well, accept it, and enjoy it. Don't go seeking out problems, because sooner or later, you'll find them.
    04-05-09 10:40 AM
    Who cares? Seriously? All you need to ask yourself is whether or not your phone is running well. If yes, who gives a flying f uck if it's running with 0 free app mem or 2GB (assuming that were possible)? There's no point going out of your way to make an issue out of nothing like this.

You DON'T need to reboot your phone every day, that's just a load of crap. It's an unnecessary drain on your battery, and you run a small risk of losing data every time you reboot the phone, just due to the nature of the way data is stored on modern devices. It is a very small risk, but it is a risk none the less.

There is no point in going out of your way to find fault with the phone. If it's working well, accept it, and enjoy it. Don't go seeking out problems, because sooner or later, you'll find them.
    You really need to stop posting your bs. If the phone runs low on memory, IT WILL START DELETING MESSAGES AND CALL LOGS TO TRY AND FREE MEMORY. THIS IS FACT.

What you've witnessed sometimes where people post 0.0kb free and nothing happens, has been a cosmetic incorrectness due to OS revision they were running.

Trust me, when that ***** runs out of memory for real (something you'll see more of now due to app store opening up and people thinking they have 1GB of usable space instead of just 128MB) it will delete stuff on its own. We've already seen it happen for a few users.

04-05-09 11:29 AM
    If you have a leaked OS version, you will notice a world of difference going from 19mb of memory to the normal about 45-50 mb.
    04-05-09 11:33 AM
    You really need to stop posting your bs. If the phone runs low on memory, IT WILL START DELETING MESSAGES AND CALL LOGS TO TRY AND FREE MEMORY. THIS IS FACT.

What you've witnessed sometimes where people post 0.0kb free and nothing happens, has been a cosmetic incorrectness due to OS revision they were running.

Trust me, when that ***** runs out of memory for real (something you'll see more of now due to app store opening up and people thinking they have 1GB of usable space instead of just 128MB) it will delete stuff on its own. We've already seen it happen for a few users.
    You've been around long enough to know well enough that I'm simply saying there's no need to do a battery pull unless there's a specific issue. I said so long as the phone is operating fine, don't worry about it. There's nothing magical about doing a battery pull every day if there's no problem with free app memory. It's like pressing the crosswalk button a bunch of times thinking it will make the light change faster. The only thing those buttons do is make the "Walk/Don't Walk" signals change, they don't do anything to make the lights change faster. Same idea here. If you have no problems with the phone (which includes plenty of free app memory for what you do) then a battery pull isn't going to magically make things even better.

And you should have regular backups anyway, so it's hard to be sympathetic to people who lose things due to lack of a backup. You should never lose more than a day or two's worth of stuff if you keep regular backups. Which might be annoying, but hardly the end of the world either. I personally never trust any important messages to an account that isn't also checked by my desktop computer, so I have multiple redundant backups. So, about the only thing I might lose, is that hot chick's number from when she called me. It sucks, but it's also hardly the end of the world.
    04-05-09 11:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD