Mines seems to be around 4.0mb. I know the BB has 128mb. After a full restart (Taking battery out) I only get 24.4MB, seems a little low. Is that correct or should there be more memory.
    12-14-08 09:16 AM
    4.0 MBytes is critically low, and ISTM 24MB is less than ideal. I don't have a Storm for comparison but I would expect something in the 30-50MBytes range immediately after a battery pull.

What third party apps have you added? Something seems to be misbehaving. Some drop (5-10MB reduction) is normal in the first day or so after reset, as the apps resume their normal memory allocation and Memory Manager starts to work. If Free Mem continues a downward trend after 24 hours and never seems to go back up, you have a software problem.

Which OS version are you using? Options, About should show the answer.
    12-14-08 09:33 AM
    I'm running .75 I have a few third party alps but I shut them all off and signed off everything. Kind of weird to be that low. I might have to wipe and re install.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-08 09:42 AM
    Mines seems to be around 4.0mb. I know the BB has 128mb. After a full restart (Taking battery out) I only get 24.4MB, seems a little low. Is that correct or should there be more memory.
    I generally have between 25 and 40MB.
    Try this for starters
    Do a memory clean (options/security)
    Clear your cache (browser/options/cache config)
    Delete unwanted apps (vznav, vvm, etc.)
    Read this article on memory http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...rry-smartphone
    Try the program CrackMem to remove unneeded files http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cra...eleased-52044/
    Do a search on the topic. There are NUMEROUS threads on it.
    12-14-08 09:48 AM
    I generally have between 25 and 40MB.
    Try this for starters
    Do a memory clean (options/security)
    Clear your cache (browser/options/cache config)
    Delete unwanted apps (vznav, vvm, etc.)
    Read this article on memory How to Free Up Memory on your BlackBerry Smartphone | CrackBerry.com
    Try the program CrackMem to remove unneeded files http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cra...eleased-52044/
    Do a search on the topic. There are NUMEROUS threads on it.
    Looks OK as a plan. For the OP - remember CrackMem only sets up the changes, it doesn't do anything to the installed files. The changes are implemented by Desktop Manager and Allicatioon Loader, and require a reload of your chosen OS. This could be a good thing anyway with the problems reported.

However, Memory Clean is useless in this context and won't help (it won't hurt either). Memory Clean is a Security tool used to clear decrypted data from application memory when the permanent stored data is encrypted - not common in end user BlackBerries. It won't usually release significant space even when encryption is active because only the portions of data actually needed for current work are decrypted.
    12-14-08 10:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD