I love the 4x4 layout. However, when I'm in portrait mode on my main screen (the one that shows the background picture) I've noticed that application icons with updating graphics, do not update.

For example...when I receive a new email, my "messages" icon does not show the asterisk. My weatherbug icon, instead of showing a graphic of the sun or moon, or clouds or whatever, shows only the weatherbug logo (the temperature displayed underneath works as it should...it's only the graphic that's messed up).

However, this problem is only on the home screen in portrait mode. As soon as I take the phone into either landscape mode, or click the menu button to bring up full screen icon view in portrait mode, I see everything I should.

Anyone else having this problem.

P.S.

I've had this problem all throughout having 109, 113 and crackman's 114hybrid V1.
    03-24-09 08:24 AM
    I have the same problem, but since I never tried anything other than 4x4, I figured it was a generic Storm issue. I'll try 3x3 and see what happens.
    03-24-09 08:39 AM
    I have the same problem, but since I never tried anything other than 4x4, I figured it was a generic Storm issue. I'll try 3x3 and see what happens.
    I've never tried 3x3...I've only used 4x4 or default (4x3)...and default works the way it should
    03-24-09 08:43 AM
    I'm gonna bump this so it doesn't get lost amongst all the ridiculous OS speculation posts.

I'm also surprised I haven't seen any other posts on this topic as it seems to be an issue and one which needs to be addressed (same as with the MMS forwarding) in the official OS release.
    03-24-09 12:40 PM
    I know, this seems like a really basic and easy problem to fix with the Storm. I can't stand it!
    03-24-09 12:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD