Under my application list I have a few apps that show up that I am wondering what functionality or process they are involved in...

I see and App called S/MIME Support Package, DOD Root Certificates, and Email Setup application.

I am looking to further clean up my storm and rid it of some unneeded applications. Just curious as to what these do and if they need to remain on my phone. Thanks.
    01-07-09 01:36 PM
    You can remove the dod and smime. Do it thru dm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 02:24 PM
    Thanks for the reply.. Now out of curiosity what do they do? And if I remove them through the app list will that do anything at all? Reason why I ask is I own all mac computers and would need to use a friends to do so. Thanks again.
    01-07-09 02:38 PM
    To the top..?
    01-07-09 04:19 PM
    DOD is Dept. of Defense
    I believe it has to do with extra security
    01-07-09 04:26 PM
    DOD is Dept. of Defense
    I believe it has to do with extra security
    This is correct.

It has to do with Public Key Encyption/Infrastructure and digital signatures. Both of which are used a lot by the U.S. government.
    01-07-09 04:58 PM
    Correct,....
    01-07-09 05:06 PM
    Well I went ahead and removed both.. The email setup was not removable through the DM as I assume it ties in with the actual email process of the phone. Thanks for the help!
    01-07-09 05:46 PM
    That's what we are all here for.
    01-07-09 05:48 PM
    I just deleted these two apps through my Storm. Now when I perform a battery pull I get the following message after reboot:

Application Terminated : Monsoon Service Has Been Denied The "Cross Application Communication" Permission

Did I fudge it up???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.
    crackberry.com
    03-06-09 08:46 PM
    Hey gadget I think if you are useing BES ur gonna need the DOD app. I believe I read that somewhere on these boards

03-06-09 09:31 PM
    Thanks ralph, I think I fixed it. I noticed that this message appeared again when I just tried to update my Weatherbug. I uninstalled/installed weatherbug and the error message doesn't show up anymore. Strange but that seems to have fixed it. I'm on BIS btw. Thanks

Last edited by GADGET-GEEK; 03-06-09 at 09:52 PM.
    03-06-09 09:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD