Does anyone know how to set a convenience side key to 'close'?

Is there a way to have two different contact lists (BES & personal)?
    (aside from catergorizing each contact as a business or personal catergory)

Thanks...
    12-17-08 08:39 AM
    I don't think thats really necessary (the convenience key). All you need to do is either press the arrow key (for a lot of apps) or press the BB key and hit close. Did you know this? Because if you hit the red end button it does not close out the apps.
    12-17-08 08:50 AM
    yes i am familiar with the back arrow and 'menu-close'.

Does the back arrow actually close out of the application?

Isn't it recommended to close out of applications to prevent the device from slowing down?

wouldn't it be 'convenient' to use the convenience keys to close the application rather than "menu-scroll-scroll-close"?
    12-17-08 08:56 AM
    Back arrow = Escape key (not to be anal just we should get in the habit of using the correct terms)

Holding the escape key down will Close SOME applications, but some Apps still require the Menu key then select close & click
    12-17-08 09:08 AM
    yes i am familiar with the back arrow and 'menu-close'.

Does the back arrow actually close out of the application?

Isn't it recommended to close out of applications to prevent the device from slowing down?

wouldn't it be 'convenient' to use the convenience keys to close the application rather than "menu-scroll-scroll-close"?
    I have found that for some applications if you hit the back arrow until the program exits, it closes out the app entirely... where some of them dont. Like BBMaps I have to actually press the BB button and close, but for Facebook I can hit the back arrow and it will close completely. I guess it depends on the app.

And yes, if you close out of apps completely it will speed things up. However there will always be Browser, BB Messenger, Home, Phone, and Messages open.
    12-17-08 09:10 AM
    sounds good. Thanks all.
    12-17-08 09:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD