The App Center for the Storm is a serious joke. Are they ever going to update it with some "real" apps?
    12-23-08 03:18 PM
    Yes they will it just takes time.
    12-23-08 03:19 PM
    As brothamoveson said, give it time. The Storm is fairly new to the market and developers are still toying around.
    Last edited by tyler741; 12-23-08 at 03:35 PM.
    12-23-08 03:24 PM
    Spring, thats when RIM is launching their official iTunes like app store.
    12-23-08 03:25 PM
    march is the official date for the real App Center to kick in. Until then I believe it's just a few apps here and there.
    12-23-08 03:26 PM
    The current Apps center is run by your carrier. This is not to be mistaken with RIM's own App center being launched in the spring.
    12-23-08 03:27 PM
    The current Apps center is run by your carrier. This is not to be mistaken with RIM's own App center being launched in the spring.
    oh true. well verizon needs to get on it! lol
    12-23-08 03:34 PM
    May 2009 is the launch month.
    12-23-08 03:45 PM
    oh true. well verizon needs to get on it! lol
    why? any app from VZW sucks donkey balls anyway.
    12-23-08 04:09 PM
    Spring, thats when RIM is launching their official iTunes like app store.
    Who started this rumor that RIM would launch an App Store in the Spring?
    12-23-08 04:10 PM
    Funny how we complain and complain that it's taking so long. But once it's out, we complain how there's so many bugs and they should have waited longer til they worked out all the kinks. I'm not trying to diss the OP, I'm guilty of this too. I'm just speaking in terms of human nature.
    12-23-08 04:13 PM
    If you dont like VZW change carriers and get a iphone
    12-23-08 04:14 PM
    Who started this rumor that RIM would launch an App Store in the Spring?
    Well given that March does fall in the spring (it also falls in the winter), I guess I should've said March...assuming there are no delays in its launch.

Research In Motion (RIM) confirmed Tuesday that it will create an online marketplace for BlackBerry applications similar to Apple's App Store for the iPhone. Dubbed the BlackBerry Application StoreFront, it will launch in March 2009.
    The application store, which had been rumored for weeks amid various leaked documents and screenshots, will let developers set their own prices for applications and keep 80% of the revenue (a 10% cut above Apple's iTunes app sharing).

Ever mindful of its enterprise base, RIM also promised that companies which had deployed BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) would retain control over which applications can be downloaded to a device.

RIM said in a statement that carrier partners would also be given the opportunity to customize their devices' storefronts, giving RIM, as predicted, a multiple storefront strategy for BlackBerry.

The announcement came during RIM's annual BlackBerry Developer Conference. The company said that it would start accepting applications to be considered for the store this December.
    RIM confirms BlackBerry application store will launch in March
    12-23-08 04:15 PM
    thanks for the post fecurtis...

also, please keep in mind that the iphone app store didn't launch till a full year after the iphones launch...so be patient
    12-23-08 04:21 PM
    Just give it time!
    12-23-08 04:28 PM
    x2, third party developers need time to work with the hardware and OS of the Storm.

I have no doubt that this thing will have some sick apps upon its launch, especially with the way sales are going, theres definitely money to be made developing apps for both iPhones and the Storm.
    12-23-08 04:38 PM
    Have some patience man. It'll come. Just sit back and enjoy your phone now for what It is, and when that time comes, it'll be even better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-08 04:41 PM
    If you dont like VZW change carriers and get a iphone
    I don't want an iphone. I just want more apps. I like Verizon and their service is great, a lot better than AT&T, at least in my area.
    12-23-08 05:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD