I just got a G1 for my brother today and opened its app center and was amazed at how many apps were available for it!! Anyway I wanted to know if anyone knows if we can expect this amount of apps for the Storm or if we are gonna get screwed with a list of 15-20 mediocre apps??
    12-03-08 12:01 AM
    There will be many more to come I am quite sure.
    12-03-08 12:02 AM
    there'll be tons coming soon. Google is a much larger entity than Blackberry, leading to more apps being available for it.
    12-03-08 12:05 AM
    I'll take quality over quantity anyday.

A guy at work has a G1 and to brag about its WiFi capability he told me about an app that lets him use his phone as his desktop's keyboard and mouse.... I was completely speechless for a minute, which he mistook for being impressed.

I look in Crackberry's App store and see a ton of applications written for Blackberries. I have faith that regardless of how few apps VZ lets us buy from them, there are a ton of independant devs who will happily create / mod their own apps to use with the Storm.
    12-03-08 12:28 AM
    With only about two weeks since the Storm launch...I'm already surprised at the amount of apps already released for the Storm. The programing language/OS is completely different than other BBs as well as other cell phones (G1, iPhone...)...so it's to be expected that there aren't a whole lotta apps out there.

Just browse through the older BBs like the 8100s and 8300s...tons of apps. Even the Bold has some nice apps already out.
    12-03-08 12:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD