How many of you uses blackberry desktop manager on the Mac to update your OS?

Also how many of you uses Windows on the mac to sync your bb?
    06-11-09 10:02 PM
    You can't use DM on Mac to update the OS.

For anything BB related, I use XP (Boot Camp) on my Mac.
    06-11-09 10:04 PM
    I use vmware fusion

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-09 10:05 PM
    i use pocket mac to sync with ical and my address book. I use parallels with DM to upgrade. Works like a charm.
    06-11-09 10:28 PM
    Missing Sync is THE Best app for syncing with your Mac. I know it costs money but for a small investment, it is worth it. Pocket mac really sucks, I wish there were better options for free. I got Windows 7 on boot camp to upgrade too.
    06-12-09 01:20 AM
    I use google sync for syncing my address book and calendar. Completely wireless and automatic. Used pocketmac before, but it's too unreliable. I've upgraded my OS twice- 0.075 through OTA and 0.148 through DM using an old PC laptop.

06-12-09 04:37 AM
    You can't use DM on Mac to update the OS.

For anything BB related, I use XP (Boot Camp) on my Mac.
    How could you do that to your mac? I could never put XP on my macbook. It would be like exchanging a clean pair of my underwear and putting on someone else's dirty underwear! Disgusting!
    06-12-09 04:47 AM
    I used vmware fusion and it suck big time, I got an error trying to update to .148 two days ago, and I can't recover it as the phone won't load and the vmware won't recognize my device correctly, it keep disconnecting suddenly making the recovery failed, I had to borrow my bro's windows laptop to do it, so if you want to use mac, I really think using boot camp is an a lot better idea...
    06-12-09 05:29 AM
    BB related, I use XP (Boot Camp) on my iMac
    06-12-09 06:44 AM
    I use Fusion + XP. Never any problems updating. I have done everything from .9x to .148/.151/5.0 hybrid with absolutely no problems.
    06-12-09 07:02 AM
    I used vmware fusion and it suck big time, I got an error trying to update to .148 two days ago, and I can't recover it as the phone won't load and the vmware won't recognize my device correctly, it keep disconnecting suddenly making the recovery failed, I had to borrow my bro's windows laptop to do it, so if you want to use mac, I really think using boot camp is an a lot better idea...
    Did you leave Fusion to do something on OS X? It will sometimes cause problems unless you leave it alone.
    06-12-09 07:04 AM
    Or if you are using missing sync you must stop the process in activity monitor first then go back to xp screen and plug in the bb

06-12-09 07:12 AM
    I use Fusion + XP. Never any problems updating. I have done everything from .9x to .148/.151/5.0 hybrid with absolutely no problems.
    +1

I use the same set up and have never had an issue. The only reason I have Windows on my mac is for my BB.
    06-12-09 07:43 AM
    Good to know the options. thx
    06-12-09 10:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD