They are saving an OS update that will allow typing in landscape view when texting and emailing. There's no reason why it shouldn't be in now so my money is on them adding it after the Storm releases and starts stealing away potential customers.
    10-06-08 12:12 PM
    It is in now and supported only in Safari browser.... I don't see a landscape keyboard being a deal breaker for many......
    10-06-08 12:18 PM
    It is in now and supported only in Safari browser.... I don't see a landscape keyboard being a deal breaker for many......
    Are you kidding me? That is a huge complaint with the iPhone right now. Not being able to type in landscape mode when emailing/texting really puts it behind.
    10-06-08 12:20 PM
    Competition in an open marketplace is a wonderful thing.

Without it, we'd all probably still be using Motorola TacStars. ack.
    10-06-08 12:28 PM

So many customers still have that phone and swear by it like it's the holy grail.....
    10-06-08 12:35 PM

StarTac you mean?
    10-06-08 12:39 PM
    StarTac you mean?
    I just assumed he was misspelling it for pure comedy purposes.
    10-06-08 12:40 PM
    LOL Startac's rule> I loved mine back in the day...
    10-06-08 12:41 PM
    I use my iPhone on the weekend, and my curve during the week. Many iPhone apps have landscape support built in. For example, Beejive IM has excellent landscape support. I am a fan of both platforms and glad that both sides appear to be pushing each other. There is no way you would see a RIM app store if there was no iPhone.
    10-06-08 12:45 PM
    I use my iPhone on the weekend, and my curve during the week. Many iPhone apps have landscape support built in. For example, Beejive IM has excellent landscape support. I am a fan of both platforms and glad that both sides appear to be pushing each other. There is no way you would see a RIM app store if there was no iPhone.
    more importantly, would we see a full touchscreen blackberry if there were no iphone??
    10-06-08 12:55 PM
    Yeah, competition is great. I admit that I started this thread because I'm bored and going crazy waiting for the Storm However, I do believe Apple will try and release something to counter the Storm, but it won't work.
    10-06-08 12:57 PM
    It will blow the Iphone outa the water!!!!!
    But I do agree with the competition thing.
    From what I understand; the iphone is not a true computer. The Storm is
    10-06-08 01:25 PM
    From what I understand; the iphone is not a true computer. The Storm is
    huh? please explain
    10-06-08 02:16 PM
    Landscape would yield more bugs and crashes in the sms app. This is said to be a reason that Safari crashes. Therefore I know Apple knows what they are doing.

The main reason these device have landscape is because they don't do QWERTY in portrait.
    10-06-08 02:48 PM
    huh? please explain
    From what I have read not first hand experience; say my xv6800 can do MS Word; Excel; so I am assuming the storm will be the same. The iphone doesnt have that capability. If I am wrong I stand corrected. Am I?
    10-06-08 03:08 PM
    iPhone can view those files but not edit them.
    10-06-08 03:10 PM
    So smart phones do have a slight edge; can the iphone copy and paste?
    What about real time web response.
    Chat room type thing.....
    10-06-08 03:25 PM
    Oh one thing I was able to do was hold down on the image of a pic and save it as well. Can the iphone do that?
    Not trying to be a smart ***
    10-06-08 03:29 PM
    Lastly the mem compared to the Storm; and is the processor speed equivalent. Reading from here the speed of the Storm will be 624.
    10-06-08 03:30 PM
    Yeah, I don't have an iPhone so I'm not an expert. The iPhones processor is 620mhz. I believe that the iPhone apps are stored on the 8 or 16 gb flash memory so there's no limit there.
    10-06-08 03:36 PM
    What a lot of people are forgetting is the I-Phone isn't running anyway near its full potential,you got a taste when it was unlocked. The hardware is much more capable.
    10-06-08 03:50 PM
    So the storm will have a slight edge in processor speed and res; among other features. I just think it is gonna kick arse over the iphone. Plus the way it looks is sweeeeeet.
    Iphone screen size....
    10-06-08 07:26 PM
    I've talked to a few Iphone users about the storm and they have said that if the storm is as good as promised they'll switch over. I have a feeling they aren't the only ones thinking this
    10-06-08 08:48 PM
    I avoided 2 iphone generations because I knew once someone came out with a touch screen phone. RIM/Waterloo would come out with one and exceeds what apple has done so far. As far as I am concerned apple went with the wrong company in the 1st place.
    10-06-08 08:54 PM
    I think after the Storm is released they'll start working on the CDMA Iphone rumored to be announced in January for Verizon.
    10-06-08 11:04 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD