Is there any hope that all apps and scrolling in general can be as smooth as the AP News app? It truly is a pleasure using this compared to all the other's I've tried.
    01-20-09 01:06 PM
    AP news is AMAZING
    01-20-09 01:45 PM
    Mine won't load any stories. Does it work outside the States?
    01-20-09 01:51 PM
    AP Mobile really has blown me away...

And the scrolling is certainly the best I have seen on the STORM.

Here's hoping that others will use this type of scrolling...

Makes RIM scrolling look ancient!

Chris
    01-20-09 02:28 PM
    Mine won't load any stories. Does it work outside the States?
    I don't think it works with non US zip codes. Here's a US zip for you to enter: 10005.
    01-20-09 02:35 PM
    Really awesome app. I totally agree

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-09 02:44 PM
    I don't think it works with non US zip codes. Here's a US zip for you to enter: 10005.
    That did something as when I started it up to see where to put the zip code in it started working!

Thank you.
    01-20-09 02:46 PM
    I've checked for an answer to this but can't seem to find one...thought I remembered some other posts about trouble installing AP News. I got it installed but it wouldn't run; some kind of error kept occurring so I removed it.

What version do people have installed? I'm wondering if I had the wrong release...I went to AP's website and there were a few options, perhaps I chose the wrong one?
    01-20-09 03:18 PM
    I've checked for an answer to this but can't seem to find one...thought I remembered some other posts about trouble installing AP News. I got it installed but it wouldn't run; some kind of error kept occurring so I removed it.

What version do people have installed? I'm wondering if I had the wrong release...I went to AP's website and there were a few options, perhaps I chose the wrong one?
    The version that I have is 2.5.3. Seems to be the most recent one, although I haven't checked in about a week and a half. Which version did you have?
    01-20-09 03:20 PM
    The version that I have is 2.5.3. Seems to be the most recent one, although I haven't checked in about a week and a half. Which version did you have?
    actually I can't remember offhand, but I'll check out the one you have
    thanks
    01-20-09 03:22 PM
    I just went to

ap.mwap.at

with on my storm, then clicked on the download link, then Robert's your father's brother, I had it up and running.
    01-20-09 03:26 PM
    mine's 2.5.3 as well and yes its perhaps the best app on my phone till date...

Other apps installed(agreed that some are not built for storm and some betas...):
    Google Maps
    Google Sync
    Weather Bug
    Viigo
    vyMail
    Tiltris
    Champion
    youTube
    TalkLock
    QuickPull
    01-20-09 04:03 PM
    the scrolling is def smooth but I think it scrolls way to fast on the top menu to go thru the different sections, like scrolling thru sports, local news, show biz, US news etc
    01-20-09 05:10 PM
    The Wall St. Journal mobile app. scrolls like the AP one does, as well.
    01-20-09 06:20 PM
    WSJ App is an outstanding APP too.
    01-20-09 11:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD