My storm isnt getting my aol e-mails. i did a search and saw that on 12/25there was a problem with RIM and AOL, does anyone know if they fixed that problem or is it my BB.
    12-27-08 01:18 PM
    Oh, I do have 1XEV in capitals
    12-27-08 01:21 PM
    I am getting my aol emails but they are coming in bunches now for a few days and they are anywhere between 15 minutes and 40 minutes after they hit my laptop.
    12-27-08 01:22 PM
    Yea, thats the same thing happening to me. Is this just with aol?
    12-27-08 01:28 PM
    If you do a search there are a few threads about this. Its a known issue per Blackberry and seems like an AOL problem:

Overview

The BlackBerry smartphone is not receiving email messages from an AOL� account associated with the BlackBerry Internet Service or the delivery of email message from the AOL email account to the BlackBerry smartphone is delayed.

Cause

The BlackBerry Internet Service must connect to the AOL messaging servers to retrieve email messages. The AOL system sometimes limits connections from the BlackBerry Internet Service based on the volume of connections. When a large number of connections occur, some BlackBerry smartphone users may be unable to receive email messages or may notice delays in receiving email messages from their AOL account.

Resolution

AOL limitations normally decrease within a 24-hour period and email message delivery returns to normal.
    12-27-08 01:53 PM
    I get some emails and and some I don't get.
    12-27-08 02:05 PM
    I seem to get the ones that I don't want, ie. my Bank of America statement, Amex, school related crap...
    12-27-08 02:52 PM
    'Kay, that explains why I've noticed the similar lag, missing some, etc. No biggie, as a newbie my expectations are very low any way!
    12-27-08 04:59 PM
    you could always set up a gmail account and have your AOL forwarded to Gmail and then add your new gmail acct to the BIS, Since you can have up to 10 emails going to your phone on the bis. I've help a few Verizon customers do this cuz they didn't like the lag in how they were getting their AOL emails
    12-27-08 05:29 PM
    I have had Verizon service with my Curve since June, my ISP is AOL. For some reason messages sent to my handheld are very inconsistent in delivery time. Some arrive in a minute or two, some don't show up for several hours.

Last week my wife sent me a text from her handheld...it did not arrive on mine for 14 hours. Last night I missed out on an Ebay purchase because the "you have been outbid" message was delayed for 4 hours.

I am beginning to wonder if this kind of inconsistency is typical of what other Blackberry users experience. While I can understand a delay, I DON'T understand why they are so varied. There doesn't seem to be any factor that is a constant in the delay messages, ie, sender, length of message, time of day, etc.
    Any ideas? Thanks
    12-29-08 05:54 AM
    I'm having the exact same problem with my Curve and AOL. This has only started in the last 3 weeks or so. I'm getting emails delivered 4-5 hours after I get them on my laptop. I've seen several postings about this but no real solutions so I'm guessing its an AOL/BB problem. Bummer.
    12-31-08 05:30 PM
    Yes, AOL and BIS are not the best of friends, it is something we must deal with. I am sure that all the people that got the Storm, and have AOL are having this problem, with the flood of the new BB's on the market. My way of fixing the problem was making a new email address and using Gmail, I have not had a problem with it yet. I suggest, if you can tell all your friends that send you emails, to use your new email address. That is, if you chose to take that avenue.
    12-31-08 06:29 PM
    AOL is still slow at forwarding my e-mails
    01-02-09 07:52 PM
    It is hit or miss! If you are on VZW, use the [email protected] address that will send all Emails directly to your handset.

There is no delay, 0, zip, nill!
    01-02-09 07:57 PM
    working 100% now, thank goodness
    01-04-09 03:19 PM
    Is there a fee for the service from AOL when they transfer emails to the BB? Right now I do not pay AOL for their service at all.
    01-05-09 05:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD