Just wondering, had the lg dare, got kinda used to that, is this possible?
    02-25-09 09:56 AM
    THE
    PHONE
    IS
    A
    CLICK
    SCREEN
    PHONE

If you wanted otherwise, you should have gone with another phone. This phone's design is a CLICK SCREEN. IT WAS MARKETED AS A CLICK SCREEN. YOU CANNOT DISABLE THE CLICK SCREEN
    02-25-09 10:02 AM
    hehehehehe........., so funny u answer brooo..
    02-25-09 10:14 AM
    THE
    PHONE
    IS
    A
    CLICK
    SCREEN
    PHONE

If you wanted otherwise, you should have gone with another phone. This phone's design is a CLICK SCREEN. IT WAS MARKETED AS A CLICK SCREEN. YOU CANNOT DISABLE THE CLICK SCREEN
    HAHAHAHA that's awesome.

I was thinking the same thing, I just don't understand people sometimes
    02-25-09 10:19 AM
    THE
    PHONE
    IS
    A
    CLICK
    SCREEN
    PHONE

Preach it, Brother!
    02-25-09 10:21 AM
    Yes, there is a way. Go buy an iPhone!!
    02-25-09 10:21 AM
    I thought this thread was a joke when I first read it. Best solution is get a different phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 10:31 AM
    I think it is a legit question. It would be great to have both options--click screen and touch screen. There is no reason why that cannot be programmed. The hardware already exists. Some of the apps, like BOLT are already touch screen apps. I am sure there will eventually be a way. And frankly, I think it might make some tasks easier (like texting and typing longer emails). I hate to say it, but my wrist gets tired clicking away on longer emails. I dont know why.
    02-25-09 10:33 AM
    THE
    PHONE
    IS
    A
    CLICK
    SCREEN
    PHONE

SurePress* lol. I completely agree. If you dont want to "click", go with the iphone. Good luck with AT&Ts service
    02-25-09 10:36 AM
    wow... you guys are hardcore internet gangsta, haha, funny how everyone thinks there bad *** b/c they know somethign about a phone...........reason i asked was becase some the apps for example, the piano app, you just got to touch screen and dont click..............and y u mention Iphone? i said nothing about the iphone? so you seriously must be jealous of the iphone...........u mad brah? OWNED
    02-25-09 10:56 AM
    No need to get snippy.

In all fairness, you asked a stupid question. You knew this was a phone that clicked. If you dislike it, you should have done your research before buying and stuck with your regular touch Dare.
    02-25-09 11:01 AM
    wow... you guys are hardcore internet gangsta, haha, funny how everyone thinks there bad *** b/c they know somethign about a phone...........reason i asked was becase some the apps for example, the piano app, you just got to touch screen and dont click..............and y u mention Iphone? i said nothing about the iphone? so you seriously must be jealous of the iphone...........u mad brah? OWNED
    what?
    02-25-09 11:05 AM
    I have no problem, just once i did some apps, and you didnt have to click, didnt say i hate clicking, now im getting used to it more everyday
    02-25-09 11:06 AM
    if all you want to do is flame this guy....then don't post at all...he asked a legitimate question...opera mini doesn't use the surepress...piano app doesn't use surepress...he was just curious....so why don't you all shut the **** up if you don't have anything nice to say...
    02-25-09 11:10 AM
    if all you want to do is flame this guy....then don't post at all...he asked a legitimate question...opera mini doesn't use the surepress...piano app doesn't use surepress...he was just curious....so why don't you all shut the **** up if you don't have anything nice to say...
    "so why don't you all shut the **** up if you don't have anything nice to say..."

Ok then........
    02-25-09 11:16 AM
    I think it is a legit question. It would be great to have both options--click screen and touch screen. There is no reason why that cannot be programmed. The hardware already exists. Some of the apps, like BOLT are already touch screen apps. I am sure there will eventually be a way. And frankly, I think it might make some tasks easier (like texting and typing longer emails). I hate to say it, but my wrist gets tired clicking away on longer emails. I dont know why.
    It's not legit. The innovation of the technology hinges on the click screen. If the person doesn't like the click screen, they should buy a different phone.

This is like saying that you buy a 300 horsepower Porsche and you want to limit its top speed to 45 mph. Sure, you could, since the car is capable of going 45 mph, but why would you?

Also, FYI, the only reason that BOLT and Opera Mini are touch screen only is because they are not yet optimized for the click screen. In fact, they're technically not compatible with the Storm.
    02-25-09 11:18 AM
    No. Was just being funny to follow up on this thread you started. I have an ipod touch. And its good, but I happen to like the click register the storm has. If I wanted an iPhone, I would have one. To be honest, I had the Dare and it was an awesome phone. Better then the Voyager which is what I previously had before the Dare. If it wasnt for the BB addiction, I would still own that Dare. But to answer your question, there is no way to change that. Some apps such as the Piano app, and there are others, were designed to have it where you touch the screen and not actually click it. I know the Opera browser is like that to. Just that Blackberry didnt make the Storms UI have that feature. Thats all.

BTW............The Storm is a lot better then the iPhone...BRAH.
    Last edited by Terrigno; 02-25-09 at 11:22 AM. Reason: added the BRAH since thats how our children of 2009 speak nowadays
    02-25-09 11:20 AM
    for all storm user hello..., n for just click hello too hehehehe
    02-25-09 11:24 AM
    please add your pin at my message.., plisss
    02-25-09 11:25 AM
    Some apps such as the Piano app, and there are others, were designed to have it where you touch the screen and not actually click it. I know the Opera browser is like that to. Just that Blackberry didnt make the Storms UI have that feature. Thats all.

BTW............The Storm is a lot better then the iPhone...BRAH.
    Opera Mini wasn't really "designed" to only use touch screen -- on the contrary, it hasn't yet been designed to use the click screen. Those are two different things. Opera Mini is imcompatible with the Storm because it does not adequately use the click screen as native applications do. When a Storm version of Opera Mini is released, you can bet it will use the click screen.
    02-25-09 11:26 AM
    Self proclaimed OWNED
    02-25-09 11:26 AM
    I don't think its a dumb question, but i understand the reaction due to the number of dumb and/or repeated questions on this site. Comes w/ the territory i guess... I think this question is similar to the multi-touch question and both are interesting Q's.

Anyways, IMO i think that *some* non-click interface is possible and may make sense for certain apps/functions. I don't think there is ability to distinguish touch pressure though, and thats the critical part of the discussion. On Storm you're either touching or clicking. Could you make interface react to touch intead of click? I would think so. Does it make sense? Probably not in most cases...but some apps probably benefit and others maybe based on user preference.

Take keyboard function as an example: i'm sure you could program in a way that just touching a key would enter the letter instead of just highlighting the keyboard key. But you would loose the ability to slide you thumb around on the screen, hover to get special chars, etc... Would some people prefer this? Maybe. But to that end its probably not a *realistic* option for a number of things.

You mentioned a Piano app. Yes, I suspect this could be programmed to play a note simply on selection of a piano key (instead of a screen click). This type of app may makes more sense.

I am not a Storm HW guru; this is just my take on your question. I think the most important part of this discussion is the fact (or not?) that Storm cannot distinguish touch pressure like traditional touchscreens...it uses Click instead.
    02-25-09 11:28 AM
    Opera Mini wasn't really "designed" to only use touch screen -- on the contrary, it hasn't yet been designed to use the click screen. Those are two different things. Opera Mini is imcompatible with the Storm because it does not adequately use the click screen as native applications do. When a Storm version of Opera Mini is released, you can bet it will use the click screen.
    This is true. But Opera Mini is actually not a bad little browser to use. I think it outperforns BOLT but BOLT has its ups and downs to. Im still using the BB Browser because I have an issue with sliding full viewing wepages all around. Heh, it bugs me out.
    02-25-09 11:29 AM
    This is true. But Opera Mini is actually not a bad little browser to use. I think it outperforns BOLT but BOLT has its ups and downs to. Im still using the BB Browser because I have an issue with sliding full viewing wepages all around. Heh, it bugs me out.
    I agree, Opera Mini is probably the best incompatible Storm application ... which isn't saying much
    02-25-09 11:36 AM
    Wow.. I didn't think that many children owned a blackberry. Yes you are all (mostly) children. Do you really have sooo much free time on your hands that you come in here to flame someone for asking a question? Holy Sh1t people, get a hobby.
    02-25-09 11:40 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD