02-18-09 01:25 PM
33 12
tools
    I thought this might be a good place to ask this question.

Until 3 wks. ago I had a moto z6...awesome little dumb phone, great reception in a rural PA area, best I'd ever had.

Foolishly I thought it was the network, not the phone.

My storm definitely has the same dead zones previous phones had during dips in the road..parts of PA are pretty hilly though I'm not talking mountains.

It's such a bummer...any ideas here, or do I just suck it up?

Thanks!

Rob K.
    02-17-09 07:56 PM
    I thought this might be a good place to ask this question.

Until 3 wks. ago I had a moto z6...awesome little dumb phone, great reception in a rural PA area, best I'd ever had.

Foolishly I thought it was the network, not the phone.

My storm definitely has the same dead zones previous phones had during dips in the road..parts of PA are pretty hilly though I'm not talking mountains.

It's such a bummer...any ideas here, or do I just suck it up?

Thanks!

Rob K.
    Cell towers will not provide perfect coverage in every area (I go through the same thing in NYC).

You can either suck it up (and decide whether to keep the Storm) or research and try a different carrier.

I'd say give another carrier a try.
    02-17-09 08:55 PM
    1xev just means you have a poor signal strength.
    actually "1xev" means that your not connected to the blackberry servers. you can still use any data that is provided directly from VZW.

"1XEV" means you have connection to blackberry servers. with this you have access to any apps that use data, from VZW or RIM.

with a blackberry your getting service from two networks the VZW network AND RIM network. that is why you have to register your pin AND ESN to get all services to work.
    badda bing.
    02-18-09 12:11 PM
    actually "1xev" means that your not connected to the blackberry servers. you can still use any data that is provided directly from VZW.

"1XEV" means you have connection to blackberry servers. with this you have access to any apps that use data, from VZW or RIM.

with a blackberry your getting service from two networks the VZW network AND RIM network. that is why you have to register your pin AND ESN to get all services to work.
    badda bing.

So your saying on a winmo phone with 1XEV it is connected to Blackberry Servers? 1XEV is vzw 3G. 1XEV is a better data connection than 1xev. 1x no data cellular only.
    02-18-09 12:23 PM
    Data services off, problem solved.
    02-18-09 12:24 PM
    So your saying on a winmo phone with 1XEV it is connected to Blackberry Servers? 1XEV is vzw 3G. 1XEV is a better data connection than 1xev. 1x no data cellular only.
    sorry but i think you are confused...this is only in the case for blackberry devices. why would a winmo or any other non RIM device connect to blackberries? if you read what i wrote it says "on blackberries you are connected to two networks." but as far as the signal indicator on winmo phones im sure you are right about that.
    02-18-09 12:26 PM
    sorry but i think you are confused...this is only in the case for blackberry devices. why would a winmo or any other non RIM device connect to blackberries? if you read what i wrote it says "on blackberries you are connected to two networks." but as far as the signal indicator on winmo phones im sure you are right about that.

Hmmm, could be?
    02-18-09 12:27 PM
    mostly because for a long time there was no EVDO coverage, only 1X. prolly easier in the OS to have two indicators for two antenna. since the radio is now one unit they have one display.
    edit: this is speculation based on past phone experiences, etc.
    02-18-09 01:25 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD