i have a replacement phone coming because of an intermitent screen click problem on the bottom of the screen (spacebar in portrait)

question is, is there anyway to possibly keep your current pin? or is it something that is registered to the SN of the phone itself
    06-05-09 07:07 AM
    the pin is registered on the device ID and will change if you get a new device. i suggest you write down your contacts PIN numbers so that when you get your new device, you can IM them again trough BBM
    06-05-09 07:11 AM
    the pin is registered on the device ID and will change if you get a new device. i suggest you write down your contacts PIN numbers so that when you get your new device, you can IM them again trough BBM
    i think a backup/restore will automatically re-add me to their bbm, but rather then make everyone go through the time deleting the old me, thought it would be easier if i still had the same pin. thanks for the response though
    06-05-09 07:13 AM
    i have a replacement phone coming because of an intermitent screen click problem on the bottom of the screen (spacebar in portrait)

question is, is there anyway to possibly keep your current pin? or is it something that is registered to the SN of the phone itself
    I can say almost definitively no.

Unless someone wants to refute that pretty sure each PIN is specific to the particular device. You'll just have to request your BBM people again. I did it when I replaced my device for the same reason.

Also, have you tried the "torx wrench method" for fixing the screen?" Might save you the trouble of returning. Try searching for it in the forums but I believe you just get a #6 Torx screw driver open the back and try unscrewing the main screw you see a 1/4 turn. There are pics in this forum somewhere. You can play around with how much you unscrew or try the opposite screw under the red sticker but try not to rip it when it's removed.
    Last edited by nedqadams; 06-05-09 at 07:23 AM.
    06-05-09 07:15 AM
    i think a backup/restore will automatically re-add me to their bbm, but rather then make everyone go through the time deleting the old me, thought it would be easier if i still had the same pin. thanks for the response though
    no problem....anytime!!
    06-05-09 07:17 AM
    i tried the torx fix, which is what made it a full time to intermitent problem lol

it will work some times, and then if i let the phone sit a few hours it stops working again, if i quick pull or turn it upside down and give it a lil tap on a table or something it will start working again. its just annoying, got some dust under the screen also, wondering if that could be causing it some how. i called vzw, told them the clicking issue, the dude didnt say anything but you should have a replacement phone in a few days.

so dust free again!
    06-05-09 07:23 AM
    Ok well cool. Just checking. Replaced my first one for that issue and would have replaced the second if I didn't play with the screws.

Still doesn't work that well for me but I guess that's just the nature of the phone.

Good luck with the new one!
    06-05-09 07:25 AM
    i tried the torx fix, which is what made it a full time to intermitent problem lol

it will work some times, and then if i let the phone sit a few hours it stops working again, if i quick pull or turn it upside down and give it a lil tap on a table or something it will start working again. its just annoying, got some dust under the screen also, wondering if that could be causing it some how. i called vzw, told them the clicking issue, the dude didnt say anything but you should have a replacement phone in a few days.

so dust free again!
    If your screen gets stuck down or up and won't move until you tap the phone then the problem IS the torx fix you did. Those screws are NOT supposed to be loose. Tighten them up and try my fix in the FAQ section. http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/cl...-style-184518/
    06-05-09 08:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD