Hello, I just got my new storm and would like to know if there is any easy way to import my contact from my old cell phone? I have an old Samsung SCH-A870. Any pointers would certainly help!

If not, does this CD that comes with the Storm have a GUI interface where I can input all my contacts using my computer and then just sync them with the Storm?

Thanks!
    12-22-08 07:12 PM
    you can sync with outlook or outlook express...

as far as pulling the contact off ur other phone, does it have a USB connection?
    12-22-08 07:23 PM
    just take it to a verizon store and pay the $10. Much easier than trying to get your old phone to sync with outlook unless it's intuitive
    12-22-08 07:26 PM
    Verizon store did it for free for me when I purchased the phone..took like 2 minutes
    12-22-08 07:27 PM
    12-22-08 07:30 PM
    Verizon did mine for free I previously had an Lg Venus but you could do outlook or you can do them 10 at a time through bluetooth.
    12-22-08 07:30 PM
    Hello, I just got my new storm and would like to know if there is any easy way to import my contact from my old cell phone? I have an old Samsung SCH-A870. Any pointers would certainly help!

If not, does this CD that comes with the Storm have a GUI interface where I can input all my contacts using my computer and then just sync them with the Storm?

Thanks!
    I chose to create an account with gmail and just typed in my contacts from my razr. Then dl the google sync app to get them to my phone. Not the easiest way but I nwrded a new email acct and I hate outlooks interface. I only had like 100 contacts though so it depends on how many you have.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

12-22-08 07:48 PM
    As stated above, Verizon will do it for a fee. However, I'd take it back to the store you purchased it from and request they do it for you since it wasn't offered at the time of purchase. I don't know what their policy is on it, but the VZ Rep I bought mine from made it sound as if it was included as part of the service when you buy a new phone. Course, I may have just got him while he was in a good mood, who knows?
    12-22-08 10:33 PM
    I had a samsung sch u740. I used the backup assistant program from get it now. I accessed my backup from my.verizon on my pc. I clicked the print link to display a printer friendly version. I copied the list and pasted into excel. From gmail I exported my gmail contacts to an outlook-compatible csv file. Outlook csv was simpler than google csv. I made my pasted contacts fit the csv. Imported to gmail. Used google sync on storm

12-22-08 10:56 PM
    I had a samsung sch u740. I used the backup assistant program from get it now. I accessed my backup from my.verizon on my pc. I clicked the print link to display a printer friendly version. I copied the list and pasted into excel. From gmail I exported my gmail contacts to an outlook-compatible csv file. Outlook csv was simpler than google csv. I made my pasted contacts fit the csv. Imported to gmail. Used google sync on storm

Did u paste into one cell. I couldn't get that to work

12-22-08 11:04 PM
    When you pasted it went to one cell only? That is a problem. For me I was dreading that but it didn't happen. Try pasting into word or notepad and copying again. Try doing paste special in excel and choosing paste values. If you do succeed then the only hurdle left is formatting the contacts to fit the csv template you got from gmail. Make use of the find-replace function as much as you can to clear the mobile, home etc. labels off of your phone numbers.

12-22-08 11:19 PM
    Most any Verizon store will do it for free, although technically they are supposed to charge you.
    12-22-08 11:58 PM
    I would def go to your local VZW store and have them do it for ya! as others said, it is supposed to be 10 bucks, but most people get it done for free!
    12-23-08 12:03 AM
    better to copy to sim card & then copy to STROM

12-23-08 12:06 AM
    Does anyone know if you can just download backupassistant onto the storm and just have it automatically update that way? I know thats how it works with all other verizon phones, but since this is a blackberry it might be different.
    12-23-08 01:09 AM
    better to copy to sim card & then copy to STROM

How is that better?
    12-23-08 01:22 AM
    Backup Assistant does not work with BlackBerry.
    12-23-08 01:26 AM
    When you pasted it went to one cell only? That is a problem. For me I was dreading that but it didn't happen. Try pasting into word or notepad and copying again. Try doing paste special in excel and choosing paste values. If you do succeed then the only hurdle left is formatting the contacts to fit the csv template you got from gmail. Make use of the find-replace function as much as you can to clear the mobile, home etc. labels off of your phone numbers.

yeah, i tried following directions off a past thread and nothing worked with exell for me. it was a big mess. i had the voyager and the idiots at verizon said that they had no way of tranfering it. i see thats not true from what ive read here though!
    no big deal...i'll get it done
    12-23-08 07:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD