I know that SureType is definitely something that has to be improved over time and I'm getting to the point where I can type almost as fast as I could on my Curve but sometimes it gets extremely frustrating when you're one key off and the word is COMPLETELY off. Is there anything that we can do about this? I almost want to turn OFF predictive texting or something it's hard to explain. I feel like I never had this issue with my previous EnV and T9 but somehow with SureType it's driving me crazy. I was hands down faster texting on T9 than I was on the Curve or than I was on the Storm by FAR. Simply because it learned every single word that I used, etc.

Just looking for advice to improve what BlackBerry's do the best - send emails / SMS, etc.

But so far absolutely LOVE the .83 OS.
    Last edited by M.J.H.; 12-19-08 at 06:13 PM.
    12-19-08 06:08 PM
    After reading some threads maybe it's the .83 OS that has caused somewhat of a glitch in the SureType keyboard because I feel like all of the sudden I got WORSE at typing on it?
    12-19-08 06:14 PM
    Don’t know if this helps or if it is related to your issue…

When you type using Suretype, it adds words that you type that are not in dictionary. That is good and bad. Good because after a while it can be very accurate including with slang words. Bad - because it also adds your typo’s. You should be able to go into the custom dictionary and delete out the typos. Right now you can’t access that word list to clean it out. RIM is aware of the issue. Not being able to clean things up from time to time really gets frustrating. I would suspect that many others are not happy with suretype, not realizing how well it can work and does work like on pearl. Everyone is going to have more typo’s while getting used to storm which makes it even worse.
    12-19-08 06:34 PM
    I agree 100% because I constantly find myself typing the same damn typos over and over and over again to me there should be a setting to ONLY have legitimate English words in the SureType dictionary similar to the iPhone.
    12-19-08 07:12 PM
    Funny because I just went ahead and cleared my ENTIRE custom dictionary and wow typing is 1000x better. It has to relearn some words but I absolutely LOVE it so far. I'm going to periodically check the custom dictionary like I used to do with my Pearl to make sure it had no typos.
    12-19-08 07:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD