Hello,

Is anyone using the Storm as a true business phone and not a toy? Any issues with Sync'n the phone to Outlook 2007 or ACT via CompanionLink?

Typing, IM, Pics,...ect. Thanks.
    02-06-09 05:19 AM
    I use mine everyday for work and no issues. I am using office 03 and no sync problems at all. I do alot of e-mails, txt and viewing and/or editing documents, set tasks and notes everyday and the Storm works flawlesly.
    02-06-09 05:28 AM
    Using as a business phone, email, some browsing, not much games/camera/music just yet. No issues on Outlook sync for me.
    02-06-09 05:29 AM
    Also using for business.

Lots of email. Some browsing.

No games, no camera, just added Slacker last night. Business or not, it's awesome!
    02-06-09 05:33 AM
    Using for business, connected to my company's BES. I don't have any issues either. I actually get my work e-mail on my Storm before it hits Lotus Notes, so I've taken to processing it all through my Storm, even when in the office. We also use Lotus for the calendar syncing, so I don't know how Outlook performs. Lotus is fine.
    02-06-09 05:44 AM
    Yep, I use exchangemymail.com to manage all my business. Wirless syncing done right. (unlike Google)
    02-06-09 05:48 AM
    Businesshere too.. emails forwarded to me.. works great.

(shame you cant get autocad and 3dsmax to work on the storm!)

business partner has storm too so blackberry messenger is a god send.

maps useful when going to meetings too... overall its great

just wish it had full office and pdf without having to buy extra software
    02-06-09 06:06 AM
    Do emails, do some chat with yahoo and type rough proposal word document.
    No problem with outlook, altough sometimes some of my schedule does not show up in outlook 2007.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-09 06:09 AM
    Business here too (BES and Exchange 2007) ... some apps, web browsing, etc. Works like a charm.
    02-06-09 06:22 AM
    Business use only here
    02-06-09 06:38 AM
    Businesshere too.. emails forwarded to me.. works great.

(shame you cant get autocad and 3dsmax to work on the storm!)
    yeah autocad or even a autocad viewer would be great, i sometimes ask clients to send me drawings in pdf (as well as.dwg) so i can view pdfs on Storm for quick replies if i'm away from my laptop.
    02-06-09 06:44 AM
    supposed to be a business phone.... I still use it as a "toy" also but do alot of email and such on it as well.
    02-06-09 06:49 AM
    yeah autocad or even a autocad viewer would be great, i sometimes ask clients to send me drawings in pdf (as well as.dwg) so i can view pdfs on Storm for quick replies if i'm away from my laptop.
    indeed, drawings as pdfs as well as dwgs etc is a god send, however a dwg viewer for the storm would be great!

someone get developing...! and while you are at it... make a nikon d3 dslr remote control for the storm as well.... man i need to learn how to write software lol
    02-06-09 06:51 AM
    Work and play here. I work from home, and my office phone forwards to my storm if i'm not at my desk. No problems, no dropped calls. Also use it extensively for work email. Again, very happy overall. I also use the browser, media features, games etc. I travel overseas for work every 3 months and am looking forward to taking my storm with me next time I go!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-09 07:26 AM
    Storm is the only phone I have. Self employed and use it for work and home. Sync with Outlook no problems. Updated to .99 from .75 because I wanted QWERTY in portrait. Only added app is Quick Pull. From my experience most of the problems are with added software and not the OS or the phone.
    02-06-09 07:52 AM
    Used all day long on BES w/ hundreds of emails daily. Works great w/ Outlook, word, excel, internet, etc. Like it even more than the Curve that i used previously.
    02-06-09 08:01 AM
    I use for Business - NO BES, but synced w/ Outlook 2007, and get mail pushed - AMAZING. The only thing is that we are using Exchange w/ ISA security, which does not like BB very much, so I have mine set w/ IMAP - works great. MSN messenger is awesome since we use it in the office. Some games for my better half, and I do use it for a lot of surfing. VIIGO - if you do not have it, get it... excellent app. The Storm is a nice one-stop-shop!!!
    02-06-09 08:13 AM
    Same here. Uses mine for business & pleasure.. no BES, but synced with outlook 2007 to get company email and using redirect to send/receive from client's email system. Have use it to view presentation and excel docs.
    02-06-09 08:30 AM
    Business here, although my wife will argue otherwise at times...
    02-06-09 08:35 AM
    Storm is all business for me. I use Outlook 07 and have no problems.

I just make sure all info FROM my phone trumps the info from outlook.
    02-06-09 08:37 AM
    Synced with Outlook 2007 and exchange server. I use it all day for business and after work. Consulting business. Looking for an app that will let me check out all of my servers status.
    Last edited by todd123; 02-06-09 at 05:14 PM.
    02-06-09 08:46 AM
    I also use it daily for business through companies BES. Email and phone are the majority of the use. Syncs flawlessly with Outlook '03. Email, contacts, and calendar all work great.
    02-06-09 08:59 AM
    I am a BES admin for my company and I use it for work as well as play.
    02-06-09 09:18 AM
    business and funny business here. nothing like watching movies while on those boaring conference calls!
    02-06-09 09:23 AM
    "Using as a toy"
    I don't use my phone for business OR as a toy.
    i Use the phone so i can keep up on myspace, and email.
    Other phones, honestly aren't good for doing that.
    Maybe you should word things better before you say things like that.

Figured i'd give you my opinion.
    Oh. and of course. i can't help you because i don't use my phone for business.
    02-06-09 09:43 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD