they are idiots.. they pushed an IT Policy to my phone that is blocking my browser from going to any website

verizon spent 30 minutes trying to figure out and and then sent me to blackberry who said every single thing is perfect and that now it shows an IT policy on my phone!!!

godaddy techs dont even know what an IT policy is and now i have to wait up to 72 hours to get an answer

this is dumb
    12-09-08 06:27 PM
    12-09-08 10:42 PM
    with in the account you have no control over the policy?

or is there ways to edit and or change it.

If you have opera mini does that browser hit the internet at all.

It may have a policy on the phone but it might be blank yes no?

or you may have options to change it on the site itself..

I wouldn't believe that by default there bb support sends a policy with browser blocking. they would have a earfull.

I am no saying that it isn't true what they told you however we also need to try to verify it on our own.. because there may be other issues..

have you tried resending your service books?

if you have a link to the purchase site for the exchange on godaddy that would be helpful to me and others here as well..
    12-09-08 10:47 PM
    i can only activate phones, wipe them and a few other misc things thats it.. the rest is on their side

i havnt tried opera mini.. i cant download it sooo

the current IT policy is not blank according to blackberry tech support ( NOT the VZW ******* )

the people at godaddy are dumb.. blackberry thinks they set up a policy for a client and maybe pushed it to the wrong people.

yes ive sent service books from the vzw bis blackberry site and also the godaddy bes site

the problem is they have only been doing this for less than 2 months
    12-09-08 10:53 PM
    I don't have an answer for your problem but I will throw this out. I was searching for an answer to a non BES solution to sync my data, which is probably what you were doing when you landed at godaddy.

I found and tried 3 different services and landed at thinkpost.net for $4 / month and NO BES subscription. I have a work laptop a home laptop, a home desktop a work Curve and a personal Storm all in sync. Great support too. I got in touch with someone within 45 seconds of sending an email at an ungodly hour on several evenings.
    12-09-08 10:58 PM
    the godaddy service is 10 bux a month and yes i want wireless sync.. i have 2 laptops and a desktop and i use my phone like crazy so they all need to connect.. i used to use intermedia when i had employees with blackberries downsizing etc lead to just myself having a BB
    12-09-08 11:06 PM
    I use godaddy exchange. Had it for about 7 months. When I signed up the dude on the phone basically told me to bear with them they were having a lot of trouble but they were really working hard to get that monkey watersliding. I was running WinMobile through Verizon and it was awsome. I never knew life could be so synced. I could edit contacts, calendar or mark an email as "read" and watch my laptop and within a minute the change would take place there too. Vice versa too. It was amazing.

Now i got my storm, contacts and calendar only sync via bluetooth. The email timestamps are sometimes 45 minutes apart. I know I can improve this somehow. Just trying to understand BB. It's wierd having to deal with them, godaddy and Verizon. I know what I want exist but for now this crap sucks compared to my beat up Motorola Q. Everything else I love on the Storm. I'm still in beta as to whether this is a long term solution for me or will be back to slow windows mobile.
    01-07-09 03:36 PM
    blackberry thinks they set up a policy for a client and maybe pushed it to the wrong people.
    There's a post on here somewhere about how to get rid of an IT policy.
    01-07-09 04:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD