Or maybe even already made the switch from storm2 to 9650? I asked this in the 9650 forum and most said they were happier with the keyboard and OS on the 9650.

Perhaps maybe storm owners are a different breed from other keyboarded BB owners.
    07-07-10 08:56 PM
    We have some 9650's in use in our office (as well as 8830's and 9630's), and I've used it quite a bit. I also own an S2 as my "personal" device.

Frankly, I just could never ditch the Storm for a 9650, or any physical keyboard berry for that matter. When using it, I'm always underwhelmed by the smaller screen, and I definitely prefer the touchscreen to navigating using a trackball or trackpad. I have larger fingers, and I actually find typing easier using the Storm's virtual landscape keyboard than the physical keyboard on other models as well.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a decent device, don't really have any "technical" complaints about it, but I really do prefer the Storm. Just my 2Ę.
    07-07-10 09:03 PM
    Or maybe even already made the switch from storm2 to 9650? I asked this in the 9650 forum and most said they were happier with the keyboard and OS on the 9650.

Perhaps maybe storm owners are a different breed from other keyboarded BB owners.
    How about the slider? having OS6 and touchscreen plus physical keyboard.

But when will the phone release is unknown.
    07-07-10 09:03 PM
    I have both and they are both great devices
    07-07-10 09:15 PM

Nooooo sir! Any avid s2 user will agree...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-10 09:15 PM
    Most of the responses in the 9650 thread said that typing was more accurate and faster on the bold than on the storm2.

07-07-10 09:23 PM
    Not me...I won't give up my Storm2 until the Storm3 comes out; I love the larger screen and I type very fast on the Portrait SureType touchscreen. My main concern is the OS - OS6 looks like the same old boring/trusty RIM OS; that means plain icons, no calendar update on the main screen, no freedom to customize the theme, no pictures in the contacts and no large picture in the phone area. Sal said that the new Storm would have it's own OS and I am excited about that...but no more keyboards for me!
    07-07-10 09:44 PM
    Not me...I won't give up my Storm2 until the Storm3 comes out; I love the larger screen and I type very fast on the Portrait SureType touchscreen. My main concern is the OS - OS6 looks like the same old boring/trusty RIM OS; that means plain icons, no calendar update on the main screen, no freedom to customize the theme, no pictures in the contacts and no large picture in the phone area. Sal said that the new Storm would have it's own OS and I am excited about that...but no more keyboards for me!
    +10 what he said^^^^^^
    07-07-10 09:52 PM
    Most of the responses in the 9650 thread said that typing was more accurate and faster on the bold than on the storm2.

They are of different class type. so its not to be compare.

07-07-10 09:53 PM
    I'm sticking with the storm line as long as they continue to have Surepress.

07-07-10 11:53 PM
    I was waiting on the much anticipated "Essex" - then my Curve 8330 screen broke, and I needed another BB. My brother works for VZW and had a S2 loaner which I borrowed for the evening. I was totally sold on the surepress keyboard, so I ordered one.

I liked the Curve, and I like the full QWERTY BBs (Pearl is weird). But now that I use my S2 as my in car GPS, I can't go back to any keyboard BB because the screen would not be big enough. Sliders are a pain - had a Palm Pre + for a little while - I will never have a slider phone again.

If it wasn't for the GPS in the car factor, I would consider going to the Bold. But the idea of the S3 and S4 is way too cool for me to switch now. I'm sticking this out to see how RIM progresses on the Storm line. The S2 is really a fantastic device.

Now, if there was a Bold 9000 form factor phone to come out, all bets are off - that would be like swimmin with bow-legged women. But we've been saying that for eons on this site (OK - like 3 years).
    07-08-10 12:51 AM
    Yeah I agree about the 9000. I know that some may want to sacrafice screen size for a smaller phone but I bet there are at least as many who would prefer a bigger screen with the physical keyboard.

07-08-10 08:43 AM
    I have both and they are both great devices
    +1, have both, but set S2 aside
    07-08-10 12:29 PM
    +1, have both, but set S2 aside
    Is that just cause of the "newness" factor of the bold?

07-08-10 07:17 PM
    My wife has the 9650 and it's nice but the keyboard is too small for me. I try to type on it to see if I can get used to it but it's so small. Nice phone though. I'd have a hard time giving up the screen landscape too.
    07-09-10 11:59 AM
    Can't stand physical keyboards after using a touch screen!

Plus holding a phone upright instead of sideways is a pain after getting used to that also.
    07-09-10 12:15 PM
    I agree with some of the features but it does lack a good one...strong vibrate! This has a weak (SWV Weak) vibrate.
    07-09-10 05:23 PM
    I'm sticking with the storm line as long as they continue to have Surepress.
    I used a 8330, upgraded to the Storm 1, and now use a Storm 2. I have used the VZW Bold and, even though it is a good phone, I would not give up Storm 2 for it. I've never had any problem with my Storm 2 and my college age daughter has been using my Storm 1 and it is still working well too.

I agree with you about SurePress.
    07-09-10 06:11 PM
    +1
    I love Surepress and will keep buying phones RIM produces with Surepress.
    07-09-10 08:55 PM
    What happens if there are no more surepress phones down the road?

The s3 isn't going to have it correct?
    07-09-10 10:18 PM
    Is that just cause of the "newness" factor of the bold?

Yes and no. I wasn't thrilled with S2. A brand new Bold kind of fell in my lap a few weeks ago, and I was never this happy with S2. Everything runs smoothly, battery life isn't an issue any more and the speed/ extra memory top it off nicely.

07-10-10 08:05 PM

According to Sal it will have an improved version:
    9. The screen will be something new we havenít seen yet (new input mechanism) ,but it wonít work like the Storm 2. Yes, it will have SURE-PRESS, but Iím not sure how they are archiving it this time.
    07-10-10 09:58 PM
    Yes and no. I wasn't thrilled with S2. A brand new Bold kind of fell in my lap a few weeks ago, and I was never this happy with S2. Everything runs smoothly, battery life isn't an issue any more and the speed/ extra memory top it off nicely.
    I thought you were a Storm2 fan... How can you go back to a smaller screen? It would just kill me!
    07-10-10 10:00 PM

Everything I've heard confirms that it will have it, and that it will be near perfect.
    07-10-10 10:52 PM
    Have you guys heard of elastic or bendable LCD screen. Maybe storm3 is using those.
    07-10-10 11:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD