Yep. A bunch of haters. Curves are OLDDDDDDDD!!! My Storm is sick! I have Goodfellas, Fear and Loathing, Harold and Kumar Guantanamo Bay, Quantum of Solace, and Forgetting Sarah Marshall on my Storm. A Curve needs a DIVX player app, and even if you had one, would cough and weeze trying to open a microSD that loaded.....
    What..you dont think 32mb RAM and a 312MHZ processor are fast enough
    01-27-09 12:06 AM
    The Curve is good for what it is, a solid email phone. I also know of plenty of horror stories with them, they're hardly infallible.
    01-27-09 12:14 AM
    What..you dont think 32mb RAM and a 312MHZ processor are fast enough
    Oh that's super fast. In 1999. Hahaha.
    01-27-09 01:11 AM
    They are pissed because they bought their curve in May or after and less then 6 months later the Storm came out...and even 6 months after that the Bold will be here, meanwhile they will NOT be eligible for a NE2 or full upgrade even. All the while they hover the storm forum pretending they would buy a storm for full price if they really wanted one
    Sour grapes. From Aesop's fables.
    01-27-09 07:43 AM
    Wow @ all the attacks from both sides, arguing about either device is pointless, when it all comes down too it, YOU STILL HAVE A BLACKBERRY!!

Now that RIM is obviously paying more attention to consumer devices then it's original base new phones will come out more often so, what's hot today won't be tomorrow, so just enjoy what device you have and let others enjoy theirs.
    01-27-09 07:55 AM
    They are pissed because they bought their curve in May or after and less then 6 months later the Storm came out...and even 6 months after that the Bold will be here, meanwhile they will NOT be eligible for a NE2 or full upgrade even. All the while they hover the storm forum pretending they would buy a storm for full price if they really wanted one
    Hey Skippy...A lot of us had bought a Storm and tried it and RETURNED it. Plus when your grown up and have a job...you can buy phones whenever you want to....not just when mommy says you can. You will see this when you grow up...now recess is over get back to class.
    01-27-09 08:52 AM
    Yep. A bunch of haters. Curves are OLDDDDDDDD!!! My Storm is sick! I have Goodfellas, Fear and Loathing, Harold and Kumar Guantanamo Bay, Quantum of Solace, and Forgetting Sarah Marshall on my Storm. A Curve needs a DIVX player app, and even if you had one, would cough and weeze trying to open a microSD that loaded.....
    Wow dude...thats awesome. That will come in very handy in the real world.
    01-27-09 08:56 AM
    Wow dude...thats awesome. That will come in very handy in the real world.
    Yeah, lord knows phones don't need any media at all.

You think the iPhone became such a huge player by offering media capabilities?

Oh wait.....

It's becoming clearer and clearer you're just jealous your phone can't do the same thing as our phones.....
    01-27-09 10:47 AM
    ANY piece of technology is a step on the way.

My first mobile phone was an analog device that woul just fit my pants pocket. The only valid way to use it was to use it with the car charger connected or the battery went flat in about 10 minutes. Even with the charger it got hot.

Storm Wars followed by the Attack of the Curves are similar, they are both steps on the way. It is also a question of choice. I bought my 8900 Curve in December. I knew very well that the Storm was available but I chose a phone with a real keyboard.

Personal preference that's all. Death Star that blows up vs. Millenium Falcon that is very fast. You can work out which I think is which.

The Storm is a brilliant first effort and once the hardware and software bugs are sorted then this phone has a huge future - if ya like touch screens. RIM polled its main corporate customer base a few months before the Storm rumors started and the feedback they said they got was that corporate America did not want a touch screen BlackBerry. Bravely they made one anyhow.

This is RIM's main strength imo. If you buy a Pearl, Curve, Bold, 8800WE or a Storm, they all work more or less the same. If any of you Storm users were to pick up my 8900 Curve, you could use it immediately, likewise I could easily use a Storm to about 90% immediately.

True WinMo phones have a similarity but the OS is so customised by vendors that there are significant differences between models and makes.
    01-27-09 11:33 AM
    Hey Skippy...A lot of us had bought a Storm and tried it and RETURNED it. Plus when your grown up and have a job...you can buy phones whenever you want to....not just when mommy says you can. You will see this when you grow up...now recess is over get back to class.
    Ok. Now this is good. I mean really good.

I think you just slapped Hawse so hard his Storm just rebooted or locked up, one of the 2.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-09 12:07 PM

The Storm is a brilliant first effort and once the hardware and software bugs are sorted then this phone has a huge future - if ya like touch screens.
    how very true
    01-27-09 12:42 PM
    Aren't you the chump I smacked down because you pretended you worked at VZW and had insight to the storm being a failure when in reality you didnt even work there at the time of launch (or after) and "used" to work there sometime in the past? I seem to remember you disappearing from that thread after I posted that.

Ok. Now this is good. I mean really good.

I think you just slapped Hawse so hard his Storm just rebooted or locked up, one of the 2.

Ahh, if only it had any basis. I own my own house, got my mom her car...and dont live in the basement smoking pot like yourself (though there arent basements in CA I guess). I am far from being old but also not some LA twink fresh out of HS that pretends he is a "biz" man

If you truly bought a brand new 01 $45K stg3 roush that makes you at the youngest 28 (if you were lucky enough to buy it at age 20). I hope to god you arent this old, because you act like you're 19-20...sometimes younger Id venture to say your dad owned the roush and you have like a 2002ish 325i (your beamer) living the CA dream...hows my aim? Post pics of the beamer (I love BMW's on a serious note)

edit:scratch that, Im thinking you're more of a 330ci kinda guy..that way you can claim you didnt get the M3 because of its Engine bearing recall, cracked subframe issues, and sensor/coil pack issues. You got the bmw that "JUST WORKS" and the added suspension/engine wasnt worth the problems to get the M3...lol
    Last edited by Hawse771; 01-27-09 at 01:51 PM.
    01-27-09 01:41 PM
    Aren't you the chump I smacked down because you pretended you worked at VZW and had insight to the storm being a failure when in reality you didnt even work there at the time of launch (or after) and "used" to work there sometime in the past? I seem to remember you disappearing from that thread after I posted that.

Ahh, if only it had any basis. I own my own house, got my mom her car...and dont live in the basement smoking pot like yourself (though there arent basements in CA I guess). I am far from being old but also not some LA twink fresh out of HS that pretends he is a "biz" man

If you truly bought a brand new 01 $45K stg3 roush that makes you at the youngest 28 (if you were lucky enough to buy it at age 20). I hope to god you arent this old, because you act like you're 19-20...sometimes younger Id venture to say your dad owned the roush and you have like a 2002ish 325i (your beamer) living the CA dream...hows my aim? Post pics of the beamer (I love BMW's on a serious note)

edit:scratch that, Im thinking you're more of a 330ci kinda guy..that way you can claim you didnt get the M3 because of its Engine bearing recall, cracked subframe issues, and sensor/coil pack issues. You got the bmw that "JUST WORKS" and the added suspension/engine wasnt worth the problems to get the M3...lol
    Can't we all just get along and agree that the phones utility will depend on the user?
    01-27-09 02:07 PM
    Hawse settle down and breathe a little. Your so uptight lately. Why you always on my nutz? You take this Storm stuff a little too seriously. It's a phone we are all simply HOTLY debating it. Nobody is attacking you or your family members. I can't imagine having such low self esteem that if people attacked my Curve I'd flip out. It's insane........again I am simply picking apart the Storm for it's inadequacies. I'm not talking about anyone personally.

Don't know what this has to do with anything but I'll answer anyway. M3 Coupe? Awesome car but I like them loaded and thats a little too expensive for me right now. It's an '08 328 and my father doesn't like Fords.

and yes I have a business (2 actually) that afford me the freedom to do what I want, when I want and how I want. I am not extremely wealthy (yet) but I do pretty well.

You going to ask me my favorite color next?
    01-27-09 02:20 PM
    Hawse settle down and breathe a little. Your so uptight lately. Why you always on my nutz? You take this Storm stuff a little too seriously. It's a phone we are all simply HOTLY debating it. Nobody is attacking you or your family members. I can't imagine having such low self esteem that if people attacked my Curve I'd flip out. It's insane........again I am simply picking apart the Storm for it's inadequacies. I'm not talking about anyone personally.

Don't know what this has to do with anything but I'll answer anyway. M3 Coupe? Awesome car but I like them loaded and thats a little too expensive for me right now. It's an '08 328 and my father doesn't like Fords.

and yes I have a business (2 actually) that afford me the freedom to do what I want, when I want and how I want. I am not extremely wealthy (yet) but I do pretty well.

You going to ask me my favorite color next?
    Wow you're dense and must not have even read what Jetman wrote when you cupped his balls and quoted it. It was clearly a personal attack..are you stoned again? You supporting it is also clearly a personal attack so just setting the record straight for you twinks

Im never uptight, in my line of work (district manager for an Adult novelty chain) its impossible to be uptight.

I still dont believe you are 28years old..or even 26...meaning it was impossible for you to buy a new 01 roush...not saying you couldnt possibly own your own business. But, there is no way you are that old.
    01-27-09 02:28 PM
    I'm not thinking Curve.

.90 have been really great for my Storm. It just proves to me that this phone will become even better.

And QuickLaunch ain't bad either.
    01-27-09 02:30 PM
    Wow you're dense and must not have even read what Jetman wrote when you cupped his balls and quoted it. It was clearly a personal attack..are you stoned again? You supporting it is also clearly a personal attack so just setting the record straight for you twinks
    How could I know it was a personal attack. It was not even that obvious. I skimmed over it and totally missed that.

Hawse you are not right my friend. I swear you are really a trip. Is your brain suing for neglect?

*edit: hi LadyBug*
    Last edited by cereal killer; 01-27-09 at 02:42 PM.
    01-27-09 02:39 PM
    I just got a Curve, I was fed up with the storm after my 4th one in 30 days was still messed up. I love the curve, so much more stable, and so much fun to use, love the track ball for browser functions a lot quicker, will reconsider the storm when the next gen releases.
    01-27-09 02:45 PM
    LOL @ Hawse. Grown man getting so worked up over a phone.

Pathetic.
    01-27-09 02:50 PM
    Knock off the personal attacks.

You guys are instigating him and then attacking him for merely defending himself.

What's truly sad are Curve owners who insist on returning to these forums to stir trouble. You're lucky I'm not a mod. I'd bring the ban hammer down so heavily the forum traffic would die down instantly.
    01-27-09 02:56 PM
    LOL @ Hawse. Grown man
    I think thats VERY questionable at this point. I can't imagine an adult flipping out like this..... ANY adult for that matter........
    01-27-09 02:58 PM
    Lmao. I laugh at you and the other trolls and correct your clouded mind when need be. Can you see smiley faces on your outdated phone? There are normally a few in my posts because I've "flipped" out...lol. I'm convinced you have mental issues. Get a life or get working on your "biz". You have spent almost 3 months and countless hours on a forum for a phone you haven't and don't intend on owning. I feel sorry for you get some friends or get laid?!
    I think thats VERY questionable at this point. I can't imagine an adult flipping out like this..... ANY adult for that matter........
    01-27-09 03:30 PM
    LOL @ Hawse. Grown man getting so worked up over a phone.

Pathetic.

Don't care about the phone, it was free. Just setting the record straight for a lying troll who thinks he knows me

01-27-09 03:33 PM
    Anyhow the Curve is rock solid. I just bbm, texted biz associate, emailed and just posted here. All in a couple minutes. I highly recommend it.

Really liking that 8900 more and more. Decisions......

01-27-09 03:46 PM
    A Curve needs a DIVX player app, and even if you had one, would cough and weeze trying to open a microSD that loaded.....
    Video or it never happened, right? I'll take a video of my curve playing any movie you want seamlessly, easily and scrolling back and forth. Be warned, you might get an eye-full. Most of you are a bit too young to watch the movies I have without parental permission - maybe not even then.

The Curve doesn't need a dIVX app. lol. Review OS's much? .avi works fine.

You act like the marginal, and I do mean marginal increases in memory and processor speed we are seeing in phones are meaningful... it's like the days when kids would fight over, "Well my 1.7 gHZ pentium with 356k memory totally pwns your 1.3 gHZ pentium with 256k... loozer."

Grips are for getting... I suggest one.
    01-27-09 03:57 PM
78 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD