No way. I'm sorry you're having problems with your Storm. Mine has been working perfectly since day one (.75). Even if VZW carried the iPhone I still wouldn't want one. It's missing some features that are a must for me.

Lots of luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-09 08:28 PM
    wait for verizon to get the bold or 8900 cdma version.

the curve is old and only has 64mb ram.

i was thinkiing of getting the HTC touch pro, that and the saga are the only 2 devices VZW currently has that i like other than the storm,.
    01-25-09 08:39 PM
    You CANNOT go wrong with a Curve. The thing just works. It's like an AK 47. Simple, Durable, 100% reliable and ALWAYS gets the job done. P E R I O D

Will take your productivity to a whole other level. The only phone I would trade this thing in for is the Niagra. Got to say that the 8900 is also one **** of a Berry as well.

I think right now the best BB's are the Niagra/Bold followed by the 8900. Curve is at 3rd position.........

Enjoy..............................theres a reason it's the #1 seller
    Last edited by cereal killer; 01-25-09 at 08:58 PM.
    01-25-09 08:52 PM
    No.

I've been done with physical keyboard phones for a while now. And the Storm is the 1st 'berry that appeals visually to me and fits my lifestyle.

Also, since I'm not having problems why would I downgrade to a phone 2 years old?
    01-25-09 09:02 PM
    I am eating an orange at the moment.

Should I be eating an apple instead? What do y'all think?
    Was the apple hand picked by God himself, and is the orange covered in burnt baby diarrhea? If so, you probably should. These rhetorical analogies are old, boring, and usually bring out ones ignorance. In the end, they're both PHONES. One functioning "better" than the other.

err..not to start an arguement but to bring up the jl wipe clearly indicates he screwed with his phone (maybe betas etc?). Hardly anyone with .75 suffers from this crap, mostly problems with .8X and .90 and people who have messed with Jl_CMDER on their phone. Not saying NO ONE with .75 has random reboots but it is not the norm.

I had pretty much zero problems with .75 (granted its not as fast as I'd like) but once I started messing with .86 and .90 is when problems started especially with Jl wipe. More people who upgrade their OS without wiping are problem free compared to those who do wipe just fyi. It is becoming more and more apparent that the jl wipe is only for people who really need it not something that should be done just for ****s and grins.

All that said, I can see why someone might want a curve over a storm...if you send tons of emails (long ones) it might be easier on a keyboard, then again it really would be easier on a computer . I could NEVER and I mean NEVER go to a curve lol, it is like taking a step back in time that thing is so dated. Misewell get a treo with an antenna. If someone is dissapointed with the storm and outside of their 30 days, you misewell hold onto it until the Bold comes to VZW as thats the only BB worth ditching the storm for possibly. I will definitely give it a shot when it comes out but I'm loving the big touch screen.
    Most of who? What statistical evidence do you have to prove that MOST of the people that have .75 or are using JL have a reliable device? JL wipe is no different than reformatting your hard drive. It prevents errors from occurring when code is written over other code.

i was thinkiing of getting the HTC touch pro, that and the saga are the only 2 devices VZW currently has that i like other than the storm,.
    The Verizon 8330 Curve has 96 MBs of RAM... leaving about 40Mbs free after installing quite a few programs on my Curve with no resets in weeks. Hmmmm seems to be the same amount of RAM I had free on my Storm after a battery pull that had to be performed at least 3 times a week which natively has twice that amount of RAM.
    01-25-09 09:55 PM

No, cdma curves have 96mb. Do your homework.

01-25-09 10:09 PM
    Was the apple hand picked by God himself, and is the orange covered in burnt baby diarrhea? If so, you probably should. These rhetorical analogies are old, boring, and usually bring out ones ignorance. In the end, they're both PHONES. One functioning "better" than the other.
    I don't know about ignorance, but "that kind of post" certainly brought out arrogance and pomposity...

The Curve and Storm are about as close as apples are to oranges, so sorry to insult your intelligence. One is a full functioning media smart phone with REAL internet browsing capabilities, and the other well designed (albeit outmoded) PDA/phone that is perfect for someone doing a lot of texting.

Either would fit perfectly depending entirely on the user's needs.
    01-25-09 10:21 PM

DO NOT mess with Jenay.

I saw her lay a smackdown on a guy once in the OT forums. It was brutal.

01-25-09 10:21 PM
    what is a curve? isn't that something a baseball pitcher throws?
    01-25-09 10:42 PM
    what is a curve? isn't that something a baseball pitcher throws?
    No its the 2 year old device that some people are bitter about getting on VZW in May when 6 months later a Storm was released, and 6 months after that the Bold will be here and they used their Upgrade on an old outdated phone

flamesuit on
    01-25-09 11:12 PM
    ^flame suit? Ahem uhh Curve owners don't have an inferiority complex over their device : )

01-25-09 11:55 PM
    I don't know about ignorance, but "that kind of post" certainly brought out arrogance and pomposity...

The Curve and Storm are about as close as apples are to oranges, so sorry to insult your intelligence. One is a full functioning media smart phone with REAL internet browsing capabilities, and the other well designed (albeit outmoded) PDA/phone that is perfect for someone doing a lot of texting.

Either would fit perfectly depending entirely on the user's needs.
    No, one CLAIMS to be a fully functioning media smartphone with real internet browsing, all while being sluggish and buggy and unpredictable. But don't worry, there is a magical OS update on the way (LOL).

The other can do everything the first can do (faster) and you can rely on it to work when you need it to.

Get it right next time.

01-26-09 12:09 AM
    No, one CLAIMS to be a fully functioning media smartphone with real internet browsing, all while being sluggish and buggy and unpredictable. But don't worry, there is a magical OS update on the way (LOL).

The other can do everything the first can do (faster) and you can rely on it to work when you need it to.

Get it right next time.

Ahh, you must be the one Hawse771 was referring to. I get it now.

Meanwhile, my point still stands. The Curve and Storm are two very different phones, so it's absurd to compare them. A more accurate comparison for the Storm would be the iPhone or upcoming Pre.
    01-26-09 12:17 AM

i dont need to do homework to know that its old.

phonearena says the curve has 32mb ram and 96mb rom.

RIM BlackBerry Curve 8330 (Phone Arena)

the curve 83xx series is what? 2 years+ old?

not rev a, weak 320x240 screen resolution, terrible browser, 2mp camera is now small,

plus the fact that there is now a whole new line of curves 89xx, proves just how old the curve is.
    01-26-09 12:50 AM
    Thats because the Curve works and the Storm doesnt.
    Sure.

My Storm works perfectly. AND! I don't have envy that forces me to post in other people's forums.

Let that envy go. It'll consume your soul.
    01-26-09 07:52 AM
    No its the 2 year old device that some people are bitter about getting on VZW in May when 6 months later a Storm was released, and 6 months after that the Bold will be here and they used their Upgrade on an old outdated phone

flamesuit on

That explains why so many Curve owners feel the need to post HERE.

Brilliant
    01-26-09 07:53 AM
    love the curve posters in the storm forum? gtfo
    01-26-09 10:05 AM
    love the curve posters in the storm forum? gtfo
    It's a compliment. They are so unhappy with their own devices they feel the need to come in here and try to smear ours.

Won't work fellas.

01-26-09 10:24 AM
    I don't think its a matter of trying to compare the two devices head to head. I also don't think its a matter of jealousy. I have used both devices and honestly, I did like the storm for some time. I had OS .75 and never went past that. What really made me return it were mostly hardware issues. I don't like having to go through several devices to get one that actually clicks on the entire screen. My other complaint about the device was every storm I had would reboot after sending X amount of blackberry messenger messages. I never understood why?

Now the curve is a device that is older and past its maturity. But in saying that, it is a technology that is far more perfected hence more stability. I never understood why people consider older devices to automatically be not as agood as newer devices because they are simply that, old. Thats another argument for another day. The curve also has its issues. The internet is pretty awful on it is my biggest complaint with it, but its stability is why I would choose it over the storm.

If they can get the storm to the level of stability as the curve, and fix the screen to always click and not become worn out (such as the crunching I experienced, that's another thread) then I feel the storm would be a great device. These are two different markets that each device is playing too as well. The curve I feel was still more business orientated while the storm is a complete push into the consumer market. I have resorted back to my curve for the reasons mentioned above, but I don't think there is even a need to debate which device is better. Its all personal preference and these threads really add no value to this forum.

This is just my thoughts on the topic. When the 9520 launches, that may be the device everyone expected the 9530 to be if they are disappointed with their 9530 that is. I will continue to use my curve until we see hopefully a cdma bold.
    01-26-09 03:30 PM

That explains why so many Curve owners feel the need to post HERE.

Brilliant
    No...its just fun watching all you defending a product that outside of your little brainwashed community......is considered a joke. Your need to defend the storm till your death is comical.
    01-26-09 07:17 PM
    No...its just fun watching all you defending a product that outside of your little brainwashed community......is considered a joke. Your need to defend the storm till your death is comical.
    Funny you're still on our board. It's okay. I would be here too if I owned an old, boring device.
    01-26-09 08:13 PM
    Funny you're still on our board. It's okay. I would be here too if I owned an old, boring device.
    Oh ...its your board??? I thought it was a rants and forum?? Thats ok...you can call my phone old and boring...at least it works and unlike you I dont have the need to defend my phone because I can care less what people think of it.
    01-26-09 08:34 PM
    It's a compliment. They are so unhappy with their own devices they feel the need to come in here and try to smear ours.

Won't work fellas.

They are pissed because they bought their curve in May or after and less then 6 months later the Storm came out...and even 6 months after that the Bold will be here, meanwhile they will NOT be eligible for a NE2 or full upgrade even. All the while they hover the storm forum pretending they would buy a storm for full price if they really wanted one
    01-26-09 11:51 PM
    It's funny to see people waste so much time slamming a product they don't own.

It's a freaking phone, get a grip. No one is better for owning one or the other. One of the silliest things I've ever seen.
    01-26-09 11:57 PM
    Yep. A bunch of haters. Curves are OLDDDDDDDD!!! My Storm is sick! I have Goodfellas, Fear and Loathing, Harold and Kumar Guantanamo Bay, Quantum of Solace, and Forgetting Sarah Marshall on my Storm. A Curve needs a DIVX player app, and even if you had one, would cough and weeze trying to open a microSD that loaded.....
    01-26-09 11:59 PM
78 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD