I think the storm is a cool phone but right now in my line of business highly unreliable. Curve looks like a solid phone and that it has less problems. I'm gonna have to bite the bullet on th storm
    and ebay it. Anyone else feel the same?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-09 05:11 PM
    nope. I don't feel the same.
    01-25-09 05:13 PM
    i am keeping the storm but just bought a curve as well. i will use my curve while the storm keeps improving.
    No! Nope. Never.
    Would however drop my Storm in a heartbeat for a iPhone if they EVER went to Verizon... But don't my Storm that....
    01-25-09 05:14 PM
    I do see where you're coming through though. Storm is a bit laggy in performance when it comes to quickly wanting to get things done. I didn't expect it to be this slow
    01-25-09 05:15 PM
    I am with you man. I actually had the storm and bought a curve 6 weeks later. Could not handle the issues in reliablity and typing out emails took way longer and with so many errors. I still have it and I cant decide wether to ebay it or hang onto it until a really great upgrade comes out and I wll then go back to it. The phone has huge potential. I really wish verizon would pick up the Bold or the 8900 however. I would go with one of those in a heartbeat. I really want wifi. Anyone heard news on that?
    01-25-09 05:32 PM
    Two entirely different phones, in many ways.

If you want to text quickly, the Curve is for you.

If you want a better screen and use your phone as a media player, clearly the Storm is superior.

In terms of reliability, the vast majority who are having problems are those who are using beta OS's. Other than that, the Storm is rock solid... and will only improve.
    01-25-09 05:42 PM
    Would however drop my Storm in a heartbeat for a iPhone if they EVER went to Verizon... But don't my Storm that....
    So why don't you just switch to AT&T?
    01-25-09 05:45 PM
    So...I kind of...no I really wish I got a Curve instead. So the Blackberry Storm is my first Blackberry. Don't get me wrong, I really like what a Blackberry has to offer...but I'm highly disappointed with my Storm. I was one of the lucky ones who actually got it before Thanksgiving BUT! I'm actually having a new one sent to me because I'm having issues with the screen. I can't type the letter q, a, z and the symbol button on landscape mode...

Is anyone else having this problem?!?
    01-25-09 05:51 PM
    a friend of mine was stuck in traffic, got a frantic call about their kid, then the storm started rebooting then went dark and didnt come back til a jl wipe and reload later in evening. so, i wouldnt says the storm in synonymous with reliable.

i have had a few issues too, swapped once so far, and as soon as niagara hits, i will pick that up. i dont think i will ever use a blackberry touchscreen device again, unless there are vast imporvements.

but since i have it right now, im not going to bother going back to curve...but i would never EVER recom this device for anyone, unfortunately (and im a huge bb fan).
    01-25-09 05:53 PM
    Yes, I've thought about it.

And I bought one. The Curve is so much better and more reliable than the Storm, it's not even funny.

Get a Curve.
    01-25-09 05:56 PM
    it is sad that we are all just tolerating this device, twiddling our thumbs, waiting til next device - we should be loving our blackberry, as in the past
    01-25-09 05:56 PM
    my Blackberry Storm is rebooting right now as we speak. I'll be retuning it tommorrow
    01-25-09 06:03 PM
    Nope, my release day Storm is rocking just fine... So I'm thinking beer & hot wings instead of a Curve!

01-25-09 06:21 PM
    I am eating an orange at the moment.

Should I be eating an apple instead? What do y'all think?
    01-25-09 06:43 PM
    I think the storm is a cool phone but right now in my line of business highly unreliable. Curve looks like a solid phone and that it has less problems. I'm gonna have to bite the bullet on th storm
    and ebay it. Anyone else feel the same?

Curve is solid, tried, and true.

But boring and stale. (IMHO)

Just got off a plane today and everyone and their mom whipped out a Curve upon landing.
    01-25-09 06:54 PM
    Already returned mine and went with the Bold, much more reliable phone and actually works.
    01-25-09 07:14 PM
    a friend of mine was stuck in traffic, got a frantic call about their kid, then the storm started rebooting then went dark and didnt come back til a jl wipe and reload later in evening. so, i wouldnt says the storm in synonymous with reliable.

i have had a few issues too, swapped once so far, and as soon as niagara hits, i will pick that up. i dont think i will ever use a blackberry touchscreen device again, unless there are vast imporvements.

but since i have it right now, im not going to bother going back to curve...but i would never EVER recom this device for anyone, unfortunately (and im a huge bb fan).
    err..not to start an arguement but to bring up the jl wipe clearly indicates he screwed with his phone (maybe betas etc?). Hardly anyone with .75 suffers from this crap, mostly problems with .8X and .90 and people who have messed with Jl_CMDER on their phone. Not saying NO ONE with .75 has random reboots but it is not the norm.

I had pretty much zero problems with .75 (granted its not as fast as I'd like) but once I started messing with .86 and .90 is when problems started especially with Jl wipe. More people who upgrade their OS without wiping are problem free compared to those who do wipe just fyi. It is becoming more and more apparent that the jl wipe is only for people who really need it not something that should be done just for ****s and grins.

All that said, I can see why someone might want a curve over a storm...if you send tons of emails (long ones) it might be easier on a keyboard, then again it really would be easier on a computer . I could NEVER and I mean NEVER go to a curve lol, it is like taking a step back in time that thing is so dated. Misewell get a treo with an antenna. If someone is dissapointed with the storm and outside of their 30 days, you misewell hold onto it until the Bold comes to VZW as thats the only BB worth ditching the storm for possibly. I will definitely give it a shot when it comes out but I'm loving the big touch screen.
    01-25-09 07:49 PM
    Already returned mine and went with the Bold, much more reliable phone and actually works.
    From what I heard the bold had its share of problems upon release and took a couple months to get right

But the Bold is a SEXY device, I cant say in all honesty that you took a downgrade. I think they are apples and oranges but sexy apples and oranges so you cant go wrong with either device. Had you gotten a curve...I'd have to wonder lol
    01-25-09 07:52 PM
    nope. luv my storm.
    01-25-09 07:56 PM
    From what I heard the bold had its share of problems upon release and took a couple months to get right

But the Bold is a SEXY device, I cant say in all honesty that you took a downgrade. I think they are apples and oranges but sexy apples and oranges so you cant go wrong with either device. Had you gotten a curve...I'd have to wonder lol
    Had the curve pre-Storm, decided to go with the Bold this time around.
    01-25-09 08:03 PM
    Man it sux that some of you guys have had trouble with the Storm. I passed one up on launch day and at the time I didn't know if it was a good decision but now it seems like maybe it was for now. I still want one but will wait to see what happens. Hopefully all will be fixed with the next OS update.
    01-25-09 08:05 PM
    I am eating an orange at the moment.

Should I be eating an apple instead? What do y'all think?

lol! man that was a great laugh!
    01-25-09 08:12 PM
    Curve is solid, tried, and true.

But boring and stale. (IMHO)

Just got off a plane today and everyone and their mom whipped out a Curve upon landing.
    Thats because the Curve works and the Storm doesnt.
    01-25-09 08:23 PM
78 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD