I've had my storm since 12/08 and I've been running .75. I've never had any real proplems with the storm and love the way it works. I'm realling thinking on staying with .75 in fear that I may have some problems after I upgrade. I'm a firm believer in " If it aint broke dont fix it " so I was wondering whats the downside of not upgrading to .148.

Some issues I have now: Camara is slow in low light
    IHeartradio not playing through bluetooth

Everything else works great.

So should I upgrade or stay put at .75 ?
    06-02-09 08:13 PM
    Upgrade! Not only is the camera faster, but the way the copy/paste function makes it worth while. Not to mention all the other changes mentioned in a change log posted by... dare I say who, at the risk of making his head bigger than it already is... patches152 .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 08:36 PM
    I know it's preference; but an official update is what we've been waiting for.

Honestly, your post should read - "so I've been wanting these new things called 'laptops,' but I'm kinda cool with my desktop. Anyone like his or her new 'laptop'?

Again, preference - but a laptop is soooooo much more ****ing convenient that a desktop.

Analogy over.
    06-02-09 08:49 PM
    This is a must do upgrade. Your issues that you are experiencing on.75 sb resolved with the upgrade. I was pleased with the performance of my Storm on.75.with the update I'm ecstatic. My favorite new feature is the full keyboard in portrait mode. I say go for it! You won't regret it!

06-02-09 08:54 PM
    This is a must do upgrade. Your issues that you are experiencing on.75 sb resolved with the upgrade. I was pleased with the performance of my Storm on.75.with the update I'm ecstatic. My favorite new feature is the full keyboard in portrait mode. I say go for it! You won't regret it!

Agreed.

Follow this order:

Back-up.
    Upgrade.
    Enjoy.

The "back-up" is in case Verizon waited for you - only you - to upgrade, because they attached Gremlins to that certain OS.
    06-02-09 08:58 PM
    theres no reason why you shouldn't upgrade! if your still on .75 right now you have to be one of the dumbest people in the world lol

its official now so theres no excuses!!
    06-02-09 09:01 PM
    I don't think so.
    06-02-09 09:07 PM
    Yeah you're crazy if you stay on .75.

06-02-09 09:32 PM
    I know it's preference; but an official update is what we've been waiting for.

Honestly, your post should read - "so I've been wanting these new things called 'laptops,' but I'm kinda cool with my desktop. Anyone like his or her new 'laptop'?

Again, preference - but a laptop is soooooo much more ****ing convenient that a desktop.

Analogy over.
    That's a HORRIBLE analogy since the 2 (laptop vs. desktop) are totally different beasts.

A better analogy is this:

Would you rather use Windows Vista pre-SP1 or post-SP1? Same thing as MR1 vs MR2 - same OS version, different builds.
    06-02-09 09:53 PM
    That's a HORRIBLE analogy since the 2 (laptop vs. desktop) are totally different beasts.

A better analogy is this:

Would you rather use Windows Vista pre-SP1 or post-SP1? Same thing as MR1 vs MR2 - same OS version, different builds.
    Still a bad analogy haha

Yeah, upgrade to the new OS ... texting is nicer as well since a little box highlights now if you have to edit ... much much nicer for us text s**ts hah.

(other nifty things as well)
    06-02-09 10:03 PM
    I had .75 on my phone for about two hours and I haven't looked back
    06-02-09 10:04 PM
    Hey I still think .75 is the best OS so far!

...yea rite, .148 all the way!!
    06-02-09 10:16 PM
    .75 Is Rubbish!
    06-03-09 01:51 AM
    lol OP is a troll
    06-03-09 06:41 AM
    You can always downgrade, you should just go back to .65, its the best!
    06-03-09 07:24 AM
    The new features on 148 do make it better than 75, IMO. I just upgraded yesterday (wanted a time free slot in my schedule not to feel rushed or panicked with the process). So far, I really have not encountered any problems other than having to restore my contacts, etc after the upgrade. I downloaded the upgrade from the BB site since for some reason my 75 phone and DM would not recognize the official upgrade (I only had the 75 OS on the phone since I got it in March). Thanks to this website I had backed up all of this and my 3rd party apps-so the phone is fully operational. My picture upload at first was choppy and slow but this has gotten better with repeated use. Take the plunge and go for it-you really won't be taking any steps backward and will be able to use your phone as before only a lot more easily.
    06-03-09 07:51 AM
    I prefer .75...I upgraded to .148 and my internet and apps stopped working, I tried to fix it but no good. I just rather stay with something that everything is going to work. Plus I am using it with Tmobile which may also be the reason why some things dont work.

But thats just my opinion.
    06-03-09 10:59 AM
    Upgrade to a hybrid...seriously.
    06-03-09 11:23 AM
    I've has a couple issues here and there with .75, but for the most part I like this phone and worked around certain bugs I found. Since the .148 update, I haven't worked around anything I found yet. Lots of good things have changed on this phone since then. Memory leaking was the biggest problem with .75, .148 has taken care of that on my findings anyways. I did the update from my pc and updated my wife's last night OTA. Both worked with no problems.
    06-03-09 11:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD