I tried using GoToMyPC, but something regarding java prevented it from fully loading and working properly to control my desktop PC from my BB Storm. As an alternative, I saw where RDM+ was suggested as an alternative, but I read a post back in December that RDM+ did not support touchscreen. Has anyone had success using RDM+ with the Storm? If so, can you please tell me about it? If not, can you recommend another alternative? Thanks!
    03-01-09 06:17 PM
    I dl'd the storm version of RDM+. Apart from being very slow and jerky, being unable to read the fonts on my PC well, not being able to click what I was trying to, scrolling was very slow and jerky, and rebooting my storm it was ok. I deleted it and am waiting for something else.

In all fairness, I just got this PM from them. I haven't had a chance to try out this version.

Hi!
    A new version of RDM+ for BlackBerry Storm released: 4.0.34

The UI have been improved in the recent version and System Manager option was added.

The full version with File Manager support is expected at the
    end of February.

Users with the prevoius version could make an upgrade for free.

Download :: RDM+ BlackBerry :: Remote Access Tools (Desktop)

bb.rdmplus.com (OTA)

Hope this was useful!
    Last edited by jjs.blackberry; 03-01-09 at 07:13 PM.
    03-01-09 07:11 PM
    bump

hoping sum1 has some answers for optimizing RDM+ for speed.

my storm just isnt loading the images from them fast enough to be useful.

my commands go thru quickly, but theres a 2-4 second delay on the display, rendering it useless for my purposes. also it seems to randomly stop working.

anyone whos using this program and getting good screen load times out of it plz detail ur system setup, device, carrier and their network technology if you know it. GSM/1xEV, CDMA or w/e. also your reliability level, is it hanging like mine?

i noticed significant improvement when i shrank my screen to 800x600 (lowest possible setting) im wondering if i get a display with even smaller resolution if it will resolve the speed issue. i need ~1 second draw time.

also wondering if this works through wifi on capable devices, and if this improves usability, or if wireless signal strength is a big factor.
    03-13-09 04:30 PM
    Once you figure out how to use the programs it is a little easier to use. As for the rendering speed, I really have no complaints. I tested it for the first time today when I got to the gym. I really had no problems in regards to speed, it rendered pages pretty quickly. The only problem is that it takes a little longer to close items, but I can live with that. I am not sure why it randomly stops working for you, I have a laptop and had to change my setting so it does not go into hibernation mode and loose a connection. The price does suck, this is definitely a program that I need, I do not know if I should wait or just purchase it.
    03-13-09 05:02 PM
    As BrettIwana experienced, I have no problems with the speed of RDM+ rendering PC screen images on the Storm. RDM+ works fine for my needs to quickly see what's operating on my desktop PC, and to launch or stop programs. The screen zoom-in/zoom-out feature also works well to assist with navigation on the page. Before purchasing RDM+, I tried to use GoToMyPC through the browser on the Storm and it was a nightmare. RDM+ provides me with virtually instant and easier to operate remote access to my desktop, when I don't want to or can't conveniently tether the Storm to my Acer netbook PC. Also, as does BrettIwana, I use Verizon Wireless as my service provider for the 9530 Storm; perhaps this also make a difference regarding speed of use.
    03-15-09 11:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD