I mean really what is this obsession with that thing. I played with the G1 and it was ok.

The Storm2 is great and with Opera Mini it's got some good browsing. The only thing I see is that turn by turn direction thing.

The UI looks laggy and old. I love the clean lines and the typing on the screen with the Storm2 is the best typing experience for a touch screen.

So really can we stop with the mindless droids. You guys buy into everything Verizon is promoting?
    10-31-09 08:25 PM
    I'm keeping it. No way am I moving to Droid. It's the perfect storm
    10-31-09 08:28 PM
    The UI looks laggy and old.
    You are more than entitled to your opinion, but this is the one that I can't just let slide! So, I guess the BB IU looks snappy and new?
    10-31-09 08:29 PM
    Haha. I'm going to check out the device... I am still in my 30day satisfaction period... if it blows me away as the S2 did... I will switch. I don't see it doing that though;
    I strongly dislike that physical keyboard.
    That's a pretty big device.
    I have no need for a 5MP camera.

I'm fairly certain I am keeping my S2.
    10-31-09 08:29 PM
    Anyone in this forum actually play with the G1... Android 2.0 is not that different. This has been out for more than a year. Did you watch the Cnet demo of the Motorola? The scrolling was not as smooth as the Storm2. The UI looks like something ripped off a desktop os. All these widgets flying around.

Don't get me wrong. It's a good phone. But it's not this revolution that people are talking about. It's just an incremental update with a very clunky shell. Someone had to say it.
    10-31-09 08:32 PM
    I like the Blackberry UI! Just ordered my Storm 2
    No annoying popups when your trying to get things done or read something! Could not deal with that with droid!
    I like Google for email and a search engine and just that!
    10-31-09 08:42 PM
    I can really fly on the Storm2... Also there has not been one App Google has not back-ported. Remember Google is not in the phone business. They are not even in the search business. They are in the advertising business. Their goal is google everywhere. They backed Android because it helped that MO.
    10-31-09 08:54 PM
    I mean really what is this obsession with that thing. I played with the G1 and it was ok.

The Storm2 is great and with Opera Mini it's got some good browsing. The only thing I see is that turn by turn direction thing.

The UI looks laggy and old. I love the clean lines and the typing on the screen with the Storm2 is the best typing experience for a touch screen.

So really can we stop with the mindless droids. You guys buy into everything Verizon is promoting?
    dude..its sporting a 1400 battery right out the door...the droid's OS makes the S2 OS look like a coloring book...this reminds me of the format wars betwen blueray and HDDVD or the ps3 and xbox360
    10-31-09 09:43 PM
    I don't know if I am the only one but your comparisons to make your point are dubious. Firstly both formats bluray and HD DVD were basically the same and HD DVD failed. Both the PS3 and XBOX 360 have their pluses and minus and are both big successful products.

Was the coloring book comment supposed to prop up your position the Droid is better? Lol at least I have concrete examples.
    10-31-09 09:48 PM
    I don't know if I am the only one but your comparisons to make your point are dubious. Firstly both formats bluray and HD DVD were basically the same and HD DVD failed. Both the PS3 and XBOX 360 have their pluses and minus and are both big successful products.

Was the coloring book comment supposed to prop up your position the Droid is better? Lol at least I have concrete examples.
    homie

what you wrote was my entire point
    10-31-09 09:51 PM
    The Storm2 is also "sporting a 1400 battery right out the door".
    10-31-09 09:52 PM
    thank god EA SPORTS AND MADDEN ISNT IN THE CELL PHONE BUSINESS,bcuz we all would only have 1 phone to choose from
    10-31-09 09:53 PM
    The Storm2 is also "sporting a 1400 battery right out the door".
    oh my bad..but for some reason when they compare the droid with other rival phones..........the S2 isnt in the conversation......WHY is that
    10-31-09 09:55 PM
    Who is they? We compare everything to the Storm2 here.
    10-31-09 10:01 PM
    I'm keeping it! Had the S1 then switched to the touch pro 2 for 20 days got smart and canned windows just in time for the S2. I can type smoking fast its responsive I got my apps and in my experience the battery is outstanding compared to what it was. I use my phone all day browsing messenger and calls.

Did I miss the boat on the bolt browser? Wow can't believe how good it is. I mean opera mini and beta 5 are good but aside from the navigation quirks bolt has made my S2 experience complete.

Fellas the S2 is legit and solid. Go try a windows phone you'll sober up.
    10-31-09 10:02 PM
    I'm keeping it! Had the S1 then switched to the touch pro 2 for 20 days got smart and canned windows just in time for the S2. I can type smoking fast its responsive I got my apps and in my experience the battery is outstanding compared to what it was. I use my phone all day browsing messenger and calls.

Did I miss the boat on the bolt browser? Wow can't believe how good it is. I mean opera mini and beta 5 are good but aside from the navigation quirks bolt has made my S2 experience complete.

Fellas the S2 is legit and solid. Go try a windows phone you'll sober up.
    10-31-09 10:03 PM
    Lol I think anyone who uses a Windows phone would. They are shockingly Sh*T

One screen deep and there is all that Windows nastiness.
    10-31-09 10:04 PM
    oh my bad..but for some reason when they compare the droid with other rival phones..........the S2 isnt in the conversation......WHY is that
    Because the S1 and S2 were never marketed or blatantly positioned to be the competition. It is clear the droid is going flat out up against the Apple marketing machine.
    10-31-09 10:06 PM
    Yeah you think the battery life blows on the S1 go buy a touch pro 2. I'm being serious when I say you'd be lucky to make to 3PM w moderate to heavy use.
    10-31-09 10:13 PM
    There is a reason the Droid is being compared to the top notch touchscreens (that list does not include the Storm or the Storm 2, and for good reason) and is being hyped like **** by Verizon.

But as always, this forum will defend the Storm to the grave... yet continue to call the Apple fanbois sheep.
    10-31-09 10:29 PM
    There is a reason the Droid is being compared to the top notch touchscreens (that list does not include the Storm or the Storm 2, and for good reason) and is being hyped like **** by Verizon.

But as always, this forum will defend the Storm to the grave... yet continue to call the Apple fanbois sheep.
    Not trying to defend anything to the grave. This is a BlackBerry forum dedicated to the Storm after all. It is clear that your AT&T/Cingular Bold carrying self may not have a vested interest.
    10-31-09 10:35 PM
    the droid is a bulky piece of metal, unlike the slim piece of metal that the s2 is :P

the physical keyboard looks very big, and for someone who doesn't have large hands, it looks kinda tough to type on. and if your going to have a sliding keyboard, why not slide the whole board? That little mouthpiece thing that never moves seems like it could get in the way and be pretty darn annoying.

im still gonna go to verizon and test it for an hour or two, but im not switching my storm2 for quite some time
    10-31-09 10:45 PM
    I will play around with the droid, but i will probably keep my bb...I'm not attracted to the droids hardware at all.
    10-31-09 10:52 PM
    You are more than entitled to your opinion, but this is the one that I can't just let slide! So, I guess the BB IU looks snappy and new?
    To be honest, the BBUI doesnt look all that outdated, you ust need a theme. Even without a theme I love the look and simplicity, and cant wait for it to get better.
    10-31-09 10:58 PM
    IMO, the new MOTO droid in verizons eyes is just a way to swing some iPhone folks from att.
    10-31-09 11:00 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD