Dave, I did not even mention the home screen icon, except for when we were stuck with .320. Then it did not update with conditions, so the wall paper function was a great work around.

Anyway, I had weather bug. It was a nice app, and yes I could see the conditions on the home screen now that I am not on the .320 OS. More importantly, my BB locks quickly (IT policy), but with BerryWeather I can see the temp w/o unlocking. I do not know of a free weather program that gave me that functionality.

BerryWeather is very pretty and snappy too. I prefer its interface and speed to the other freebies I tried, and decided the additional features above their free program were worth the $5. I cannot lie, I hemmed and hawed a lot before I laid out the cash, but in the end I was tired of wanting a few features I did not have and broke down.
    ah, I don't have the issue of locking my phone, that you do.
    06-02-10 04:37 PM
    I love BerryWeather...I don't care if I had to pay for it!

Seriously though, people pay $5 for a cup of coffee that lasts about 10 minutes!
    Last edited by ChuckH0308; 06-02-10 at 04:41 PM. Reason: oops!
    06-02-10 04:40 PM
    I love BerryWeather...I don't care if I had to pay for it!

Seriously though, people pay $5 for a cup of coffee that lasts about 10 minutes!
    I've never paid for a cup of coffee in my life (I'm 62).
    06-02-10 04:54 PM
    For me I paid (on sale) for it because I wanted some of the additional options and screens that were available. I use BerryWeather a lot, and the pay version comes with a high level of customization and additional options that I find very useful. I have gotten more out of the $5 than many other places I have wasted same amount.

I do not buy many apps, but I have to say I am happy with each of the BellShare apps that I have. They make my BB experience better, and the apps are well made so they don't glitch.
    Whenever I want to know what the weather is, I go outside. LOL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-10 05:31 PM
    Fair question.

While I was on .320, the home screen wall paper was a huge win since the icons did not update. Love being able to just look at my screen and see current conditions. Also, the GPS integration is nice because I always have the most local weather station's data particularly when traveling locally.

Many of the other things I like are available if you go to the web, but in BerryWeather they are available without any load time and as up to date as I would want them to be.
    Temperature icon in my BB alerts (can see temp when locked)
    Customizable weather advisories
    7 day forecast
    Detailed hourly forecasts (7-12 hrs)
    Several locations always up-to-date with a flick of my finger
    Built in radar

Anyway, those made it worth it to me.
    All of that is accessible through your browser.
    06-02-10 07:53 PM
    All of that is accessible through your browser.
    If you would have read my entire post, you would have seen that I know that. I want it in my app, not on browser.
    06-02-10 08:02 PM
    If you would have read my entire post, you would have seen that I know that. I want it in my app, not on browser.
    OK. I still think that it's insane to pay $10 for weather. Especially considering, correct me if I'm wrong, they once issued an upgrade and charged everone $4 for it. Meaning that there are people running around here who have actually paid $14 for weather!
    06-02-10 08:19 PM
    not to mention Pandora--arguably the best free app ever created.
    i agree, now if i could find one that streamed my fav local radio station i would be set,, wunderadio sux nuts
    06-02-10 08:32 PM
    How is spending $14 bucks on an app any different than spending $20 or more at Applebee's, Hooters or any other place that requires you to digest then sh*t out your purchase, at least with this I still have something to show for.

Sorry to sound so crass, but it's true.
    06-03-10 07:26 AM
    u just had the WRONG free weather app, is all. do some research!
    no I didn't. move along.
    06-03-10 07:33 AM
    How is spending $14 bucks on an app any different than spending $20 or more at Applebee's, Hooters or any other place that requires you to digest then sh*t out your purchase, at least with this I still have something to show for.

Sorry to sound so crass, but it's true.
    Point taken, but using that logic why not just charge $50 or more for the app then. I'm pretty sure I've dropped that much at each of those places. If you enjoy it, it's money well spent I guess. Just seems crazy to me.
    06-03-10 10:38 AM
    Point taken, but using that logic why not just charge $50 or more for the app then. I'm pretty sure I've dropped that much at each of those places. If you enjoy it, it's money well spent I guess. Just seems crazy to me.
    I've no issue spending close to a hundred bucks when dining with my wife, but I'm not the type to spend $5 on phone or Touch apps. Call me crazy, but that's how it is.
    06-03-10 10:41 AM
    Does it push down severe alerts?
    06-03-10 10:50 AM
    I've no issue spending close to a hundred bucks when dining with my wife, but I'm not the type to spend $5 on phone or Touch apps. Call me crazy, but that's how it is.
    That's my point!
    06-03-10 11:48 AM
    That's my point!
    I know! I was simply reinforcing what you said.
    06-03-10 11:54 AM
    Call me crazy, but I think the developers deserve some kind of reimbursement for their massive amount of time, knowledge and resources to give us programs we want. If you don't want it, don't buy it...

Yeah I paid $5 bucks for my beweather, but it looks great, works great, and its faster than accessing any browser... And yes, the 5 bucks was worth the couple extra features that the free one doesnt have.
    06-03-10 12:04 PM
    Does it push down severe alerts?
    Yes it pulls about 25 different advisories. You can select which you want to be notified about, and pick a few different ways to be notified.

Any severe weather advisories place a badge on the icon to let you know. One click and you can see the full advisory.
    06-03-10 12:09 PM
    Call me crazy, but I think the developers deserve some kind of reimbursement for their massive amount of time, knowledge and resources to give us programs we want. If you don't want it, don't buy it...

Yeah I paid $5 bucks for my beweather, but it looks great, works great, and its faster than accessing any browser... And yes, the 5 bucks was worth the couple extra features that the free one doesnt have.
    +1 on the developers getting paid.

Pin: straight? wrestling? push? lapel? just in case you were looking for a couple more.
    06-03-10 12:14 PM

OTOH, no one is holding a gun to a developer's head when they develop free apps, so when they do, and I like the app, you can bet your bottom dollar I'll use the free app in lieu of a paid app that may or not have some bugs (MANY do). my 2 cents...

(AAMOF, I've read of numerous reports that free versions of an app work fine, yet the paid app is very buggy)
    06-03-10 01:47 PM
    Yes it pulls about 25 different advisories. You can select which you want to be notified about, and pick a few different ways to be notified.

Any severe weather advisories place a badge on the icon to let you know. One click and you can see the full advisory.
    Ok, I wanted to know if it will push the alerts as they happen. I'm pretty sure WB Elite can, I know the free version will just get them when it polls the server for the weather update (based on the schedule you set.) I live in a place where it can go from nice to "run for cover" in a hurry, so having instant alerts to severe weather is nice, especially considering I'm on the go a lot.

I'd pay for the instant push alerts.
    06-03-10 02:19 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD