On friday I actullay went from Siths HY3 back to .75 because I was after bulletproof stability. Up until this point I had been running beta Son's as soon as they leaked. What I found it .75 was an oS that was just downright PAINFUL to use.

To think that the majority of storm owners are using .75 is shocking.

So...firs thing I did this morning was to install .103 and now the device is lightning fast. Just as it should be.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-09 08:47 AM
    I have to agree with many others here. I've upgraded to every leaked OS along the way. There were minor improvements in speed, and perhaps a few additional small benefits, however none of the updates was as stable as .75. I actually started to feel as if the accelerometer was slower with the latest OS versions.

For me, .75 seems the smoothest, and honestly the fastest to use, when you consider the overall stability and lack of little annoyances. I've had it with leaked updates, and will probably wait for the next official release.

Thanks to everyone else for testing betas!
    02-15-09 09:37 AM
    still on .75 from store. no batt. pulls, everything works great
    02-15-09 10:25 AM
    I demo my phone a lot at work, so I've never upgraded. I agree the phone could be snappier, but overall .75 works well for me, and is VERY stable.... I have quickpull installed, but honestly, I don't use it, never need to reset/pull battery...

I would be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to the next official release, but I'm not disappointed with the phone, overall...

-Corey
    02-15-09 10:57 AM
    I'm still on .75 but I'm ready for the new official release ......please hurry up!
    If I new how to install the leaked version I would.....does anybody live in va beach that can help me out?

02-15-09 11:05 AM
    I have tried just about every beta that has been put out but I keep going back to .75. Might be a little slow at times however i don't have constant reboots, and freezing
    02-15-09 11:07 AM
    I am. I am. Was #8 in line at Union Square on release day. Stable build but minor bugs, laggyness and accelermoter issues keep it from being perfect. Checking CB everyday waiting for news of official release. HOOK IT UP VERIZON & RIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    02-15-09 11:32 AM
    I'm not using .75 but I'm using .76, which I heard is pretty much the same. It works pretty good and dependable for me! I tried using some of the betas, but the restarts and other problems really made me crazy.

02-15-09 11:40 AM
    Still running .75. I have you Tube, weather bug, slacker radio and quick pull loaded. It's fine. I don't have any problems with it. Can't wait for a
    new official update.

02-16-09 05:52 PM
    I have been on .75 since its launch...minor issues. Lately I have been getting more random reboots and Device error messages. I was holding out hope for a mid February Official launch of the next OS. Since theres no communication at all when this will be I will download a Beta. Theres enough reviews on the Betas where i can make a good decision on what one to download.
    02-16-09 06:02 PM
    Still running .75 here. Can't wait for the next official OS release, it'll probably blow me away.
    02-16-09 06:29 PM
    Still with .75. No issues except for the camera delay. Phone running great. Did I say I love this phone????

Looking forward to an official upgrade just to see what they do with it.
    02-16-09 06:38 PM
    I'm still on 75 because I need a stable OS since I use my phone primarily for work. Very much anticipating the next official one though. I have major lag in the highlighting when typing in a browser like this right now. Its actually driving me crazy as I type this. Ok hurry up VZW!

02-16-09 07:07 PM
    I'm still on .75 too. Been very tempted to try a leak, but after reading the threads on all the various issues, I keep changing my mind and am staying put. I am beginning to understand the process involved in any official OS upgrade and respect those involved in the process. And I admire all those who are willing to be guinea pigs. Mine is a business phone. No music, no videos. That's why I have an iPod Touch. I need batt life to yak all day thru my Jawbone II. I am a heavy talker and need email access always everywhere. And this phone does an acceptable job of both. Improvements will be welcomed when the next official release comes out.
    02-16-09 07:18 PM
    dumped .75 ages ago
    02-16-09 07:32 PM
    Running .75 since I got my Storm...no probs...rarely do battery pulls.
    02-16-09 07:37 PM
    I've been running .75 since release day... no problems whatsoever...
    02-16-09 08:02 PM
    My whole office is pretty much still on it... I left awhile ago. Running the 90/103/106 hybrid now..
    02-16-09 08:05 PM
    Still running .75 here. Never upgraded and have not had one problem that actually bugged me. I don't really get the whole beta thing; really not for me. I'm super comfortable with the official OS. It seems there's a lot of variation between individuals running the leaked systems.

02-17-09 08:10 AM
    I went back to .75. I still saw my memory drop and it is so slow I'm thinking about trying the hybrid.

I'll give it a couple more days. Maybe. I hope they release an official version soon for the upgrade.
    02-17-09 08:25 AM
    Still @ .75 Runs good with a few minor problems. The only think I really need fixed is the time it takes to take a picture.

Waiting for the "Official" release before I upgrade.
    02-17-09 10:07 AM
    I'm still on .75 and have been since mid-December. Although I have been tempted to upgrade to a leaked OS, I haven't had too many problems with it to justify me screwing it up even further. I've had a couple of freezes and a couple of snowy screens, but that's about it. In three months I think had that many freezes, if not more, with my 8830. I think it works pretty well, it's relatively quick, and I don't really have any issues with the accelerometer. Sometimes I have to move it more than one time to get it to switch, but that seriously takes me a whopping 2 seconds to pull off. I do have a slight issue with the camera in that it takes too long to take a picture and you can't get a pic of something that's moving, but I really don't take too many pictures, so it's not a killer. Don't get me wrong, though, I'll install the next official update the second it's available, but overall I love my phone on .75.
    02-17-09 10:34 AM
    I'm still on .75 and have been since mid-December. Although I have been tempted to upgrade to a leaked OS, I haven't had too many problems with it to justify me screwing it up even further. I've had a couple of freezes and a couple of snowy screens, but that's about it. In three months I think had that many freezes, if not more, with my 8830. I think it works pretty well, it's relatively quick, and I don't really have any issues with the accelerometer. Sometimes I have to move it more than one time to get it to switch, but that seriously takes me a whopping 2 seconds to pull off. Don't get me wrong, I'll install the next official update the second it's available, but overall I love my phone on .75.
    The problem is once you tried the leaked OS (.103) and you go back to .75 you realize how sluggish, hard to type, etc. that .75 is. So I keep going back and forth on whether I should reinstall .103, try the hybrid, or just keep .75. Last night I spent 1/2 an hour trying just to reach a thread here because it was so slow, then I saw my memory had gone down all the way to 22kb and this is with .75! I actually think the memory problem was better on .103. I never have had a problem with either OS.

I guess it's a give and take situation. You get this, you lose that.
    02-17-09 10:42 AM
    I totally agree that this phone could be so much greater with a new and improved OS, and that .75 can be sluggish at times, but it's really not all that bad. And when an official update comes out, I'm all over it. By me saying that I'm afraid to upgrade to a beta OS for fear of screwing up my phone is not only because of what we have all heard about certain things becoming incredibly messed up after an upgrade, but also because I'm not the most tech savvy when it comes to these sort of things so I don't really trust myself to do all of the backing up, copying files, etc. I could probably pull it off, but I don't think it would be worth it for me (because it would probably take me much longer than your average Crackberry genius on here) if I was just going to end effing up the phone. For me, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. But I definitely don't blame the more tech savvy people out there for testing out the betas.
    02-17-09 02:10 PM
    I also still run .75. Went back after the endless wipes/reboots/memory issues I had with the leaks. I'll be waiting on official rel.'s from here on out. I didn't find the speed difference to be night and day and the milliseconds here and there I won't miss. For myself being a tech it was fun in the beginning when I org. bought the phone to mess with the OS'es but after mastering the process and streamlining my phone I don't feel there's much left to play with until the app store comes out. At the end of the day the more biz-tech-side of me comes to light and really all I want is UP time.
    02-17-09 02:33 PM
106 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD