upgrade your OS to 428
    ...and to piggyback on that, if .428 doesn't, perhaps .451 will. I had that problem and after going to .451 I have experienced zero button sticking.
    02-22-10 08:12 AM
    what do you mean by that?
    I suspect that the poster thinks we're all lying that our button sticking issues have been fixed/alleviated with the OS version upgrade(s)...his anecdotal evidence must be better than ours. :P
    02-22-10 08:13 AM
    Working in cellular retail, I have seen a few Storm2 come back with customers saying that the "Send" button doesn't push down - the screen stays solid on that particular corner of the phone.

This is a hardware issue on a few Storm2's. Within the first year you can get it replaced with a refurbished phone, but if you can fix it with an OS upgrade thats the better option...I wouldn't bother messing with the Torx screws...
    02-22-10 11:31 AM
    Before i even knew this issue could be fixed with an OS upgrade, i just switched my phone. I had done so after talkin with several others who had a storm 2 but never had a sticking problem so i thought it was just me. Either way... im glad theres a fix for it!
    02-22-10 11:38 AM
    I suspect that the poster thinks we're all lying that our button sticking issues have been fixed/alleviated with the OS version upgrade(s)...his anecdotal evidence must be better than ours. :P

If RIM had a simple software fix for the key pad freezing it would have been fixed in a download long ago. I dont think the problem is that simple. Think about it.
    Last edited by Bettermost; 02-22-10 at 11:51 AM.
    02-22-10 11:43 AM
    TONS of people commented on how 428 made the buttons on the bottom work better. There is obviously some software control over it. There will also be some that still have some issues. Not all storms will preform the same
    02-22-10 12:31 PM
    Send key on my orignal storm2 wasn't good. Store wouldn't replace it. I loaded the .428 leak on it. It did help, and I'd say it performed as it should have from the start.

Recently, while still on .428, the END button stopped responding, felt stuck down, etc. Going back to .320 didn't fix.

I got a replacement. Before sending back my original, .451 leaked, and I loaded it. It didn't help.

Now my replacement's END key is starting to act up (still on .428). Press it once and it sounds like its kicking several times.

So it looks like there are both Software AND hardware issues at play here.
    02-22-10 01:05 PM
    Send key on my orignal storm2 wasn't good. Store wouldn't replace it. I loaded the .428 leak on it. It did help, and I'd say it performed as it should have from the start.

Recently, while still on .428, the END button stopped responding, felt stuck down, etc. Going back to .320 didn't fix.

I got a replacement. Before sending back my original, .451 leaked, and I loaded it. It didn't help.

Now my replacement's END key is starting to act up (still on .428). Press it once and it sounds like its kicking several times.

So it looks like there are both Software AND hardware issues at play here.
    Have you tried a torx screw adjustment? It fixed my perfectly and permanently.
    02-22-10 02:09 PM
    Have you tried a torx screw adjustment? It fixed my perfectly and permanently.
    No I haven't.... Might try when I get home...
    02-22-10 02:14 PM
    If RIM had a simple software fix for the key pad freezing it would have been fixed in a download long ago. I dont think the problem is that simple. Think about it.
    As howarmat said, you need look no further than the .428 threads to see a bunch of folks who no longer have sticking issues. Since I upgraded from .320 to .451, I've also experienced no sticking. I'm pretty sure they did fix it in the downloads...hence, OS updates.
    02-22-10 07:13 PM
    Could someone post a youtube on how these torx screw works?
    05-31-10 12:54 PM
    the new replacements with the screen reengineering are phenominal! I would send it back and get one of those.

As for my first storm, I remember certain OS's fixing the screen, but then it would still get hard again after some use. This new storm 2 replacement I have, the amazing thing is that it feels like the click is actually disconnected from the OS. Even if the phone freezes, it still clicks as soft as ever! In fact, anything I do or any screen I go to, the click never changes! I dont know if I just got a really good device or not, but I have seen it from really bad to absolutely great when it comes to hard clicking or hard lower keys. I have a perspective from both sides...
    06-01-10 05:36 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD