Hi Guys over the weekend i broke the screen on my storm and have been going a little crazy trying to figure out what i am going to do, so i came across some info and they told me that only the glass digitizer is broken because the rest of the phone is functional so i found the digitizer on e-bay for like $30 and i was wondering if anyone has had any success just replacing the digitizer and not the lcd as one unit? Help Thanks
    06-08-10 01:41 PM
    I will say Ive done it, was it successful? Yes. Would I replace just the digitizer again? No.

the digitizer I think I paid like $25 for it. The LCD/Digitizer combo I believe can be had for about $80 now. Id just get the LCD/Digitizer combo.

The problem is the digitizer is taped/glued to the LCD and removing it is tricky without scratching, cracking or breaking the LCD. Also removing the ribbon cable from the LCD for the digitizer is VERY VERY tricky without breaking the LCD. The ribbon cable is literally taped/glued to the LCD so you have to be very careful.

Like I said, if you want to take the risk of doing just the digitizer, go for it, but just realize you may fail and end up having to buy the LCD combo anyways.

Dixit
    06-09-10 12:25 AM
    06-09-10 01:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD