Is it possible that because some of the apps available are ported to the storm rather than developed for it that they could cause at least SOME of the issues (random freezing for instance)?

Reason I ask is what I've noticed with basically everyone on here with issues is we all have 3rd party apps installed.

I understand people will say no because we all get the same problems which points to the most obvious answer. The OS. but that's precisely why I'm asking this, BECAUSE some of the issues are so common.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-09 10:27 AM
    Most of the issues I have had come from 3rd party apps. And yes they were from ported programs. With that said there are some problems with the os itself, but that can not account for all the issues. All imo of course.
    01-27-09 11:26 AM
    It is very possible. I know from experience. My phone was rock solid, never rebooted once. I installed that stupid magic 8 ball demo and my phone was rebooting every 15 minutes or so. I deleted the app and I am back to no reboots.
    01-27-09 11:51 AM
    BigSlam I noticed the same with quickpull...it locked my phone up (only time my phone has ever froze)

01-27-09 12:00 PM
    Anyone else want to chime in?

01-28-09 03:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD